Thread: nibsmith.com site attacked

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default nibsmith.com site attacked

Seems like someone attacked Dan Smith's site and wiped it clean. The backups didn't work for him either.

I'm not on FaceySpaces so I had to scrape off a few layers of JavaScript modals to get this from the 22nd:

Quote Originally Posted by Nibsmith FB page
    Our store is currently down. Thank you to everyone who let us know. We’re not entirely sure what happened but some time yesterday our website was attacked. We’re working with our web host to better understand the full extent of the damage but it looks like all data may have been lost. Backups have failed to restore properly. It will likely take 3-4 weeks to rebuild the site back to where it was.

Our host does not have any reason to believe user information was taken from the server. Payment info is not stored on our server so that much is definitely not at risk.

We’re devastated to say the least.

In the meantime, we have copies of all the existing orders and will be processing those as quickly as possible.

We would greatly appreciate your support during this time and would be happy to take your orders by phone or email. Please message us at 908-617-1337 or dan@thenibsmith.com and we’ll thank you with the best prices we can offer.

We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
    Please let me know if I ought to elide the contact information.
    "The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here..." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SlowMovingTarget For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 27th, 2021), damfino (January 10th, 2022), Detman101 (December 27th, 2021), welch (December 27th, 2021)