Thread: Stored messages

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Stored messages

It's not worth storing any of them
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; May 13th, 2022 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Stored messages

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    I realise that this has probably been raised several times over the years, but perhaps this can be a timely reminder. Our individual message inboxes are capped at (I think) 100 messages. If you are quite active in back-channel communication that inbox can fill up really fast. Obviously this does not apply to me as much as the rest of you. a reminder

Anyway, there is as far as I know no alert to make a person aware that their inbox is full, often coming down to a member putting a reminder on a thread post instead!

So, a couple of things.

1. Is it worth trying to ask Eric to increase the cap on messages?
    2. Could we all have a New Year's purge of old messages? (start the year fresh as it were)

Thanks
    There is an alert. It is located on your PM landing page under the heading "Folder Controls." Just below your list of PM threads.
    It tells you how many messages you have stored......... and reminds you that you are only allowed 100 of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

I find the only way to manage this is to periodically install tapatalk on a mobile device, go in and tidy up mailboxes, and then uninstall it again.

Clunky, but functional.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I find the only way to manage this is to periodically install tapatalk on a mobile device, go in and tidy up mailboxes, and then uninstall it again.

Clunky, but functional.
    Tapatalk still only lets you delete fairly recent Inbox messages. I have 10 pages worth going back to 2014 despite the fact that I delete all of those in my Inbox very regularly and it tells me I have zero messages in my Inbox. No-one seems to be aware that they need to also delete their Sent messages, and that doesn't need Tapatalk. You can do it easily. The message system is so poor I've given up thinking about it.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 3rd, 2022 at 02:34 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

At least on the web interface, I can only find a way to wholesale delete my inbox although I can pick and choose on my outbox.

Am I understanding correctly that I can selectively delete my inbox in Tapatalk? I'm getting full and there's a lot such as completed transactions I can delete, but don't want to get rid of current ongoing private discussions or of transactions that are either still in process or discussion...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post
    At least on the web interface, I can only find a way to wholesale delete my inbox although I can pick and choose on my outbox.

Am I understanding correctly that I can selectively delete my inbox in Tapatalk? I'm getting full and there's a lot such as completed transactions I can delete, but don't want to get rid of current ongoing private discussions or of transactions that are either still in process or discussion...
    You can selectively delete current Inbox messages if you use Tapatalk.

Thanks

Does this mean that you cannot delete messages (inbox and sent) on the PC site? I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dougc View Post
    Does this mean that you cannot delete messages (inbox and sent) on the PC site? I can't seem to find a way to do this.
    You can easily delete individual Sent Messages from your Sent Items folder, select each one you want separately, then go down to Selected Messages and click on the down arrow to select from among several options that include Delete.
    You can't delete individual Inbox messages. All you can do is to Empty the Inbox Folder under Folder Controls.