Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throwing Pens in the Trash

Thanks
    Thanked 2,588 Times in 699 Posts

Default Re: Throwing Pens in the Trash

Didn't mean to mention ballpoints, but since others have brought them up, I very seldom throw one of those away, either. They have to be so badly broken that there would really be no point in trying to save them.

A few years ago, I scoured my desk drawers for all the disposable ballpoints I had, as well as a few cheap refillable give-aways. I took them in to work and left them in a communal pen cup we have, whence most of them have since vanished. Most were probably lost or tossed after a couple of uses, but I didn't do it myself. And when I acquire more promotional giveaways somewhere, I put them in the same pen cup.

The ballpoints I have left are an assortment of Parker Jotters, Space Pens, and Cross clones, a couple of multi pens, and some novelty pens or souvenirs. They're either pretty good quality or associated with some sort of memories, and they don't take up a lot of space. I probably have refills available for every kind of pen that I own, and am unlikely to use them all, since I really do use fountain pens most of the time, and other non-ballpoints more often than not. But even with ballpoints, I don't like throwing away something that works perfectly well. And although I sometimes give one away, I don't put them in that pen cup, which is just one step away from the trash.
    Last edited by Kaputnik; January 22nd, 2022 at 04:00 PM.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

amk (January 22nd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Just tossed a Noodlers something or another (piston filler), following the bottle of GvFC Gulf Blue I had inked it with. Life's too short for crappy ink and pens.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I hear that.