Thread: My review of the new (2021) Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Art Deco (Cobalt Blue) pen

Thanks

Default My review of the new (2021) Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Art Deco (Cobalt Blue) pen

A beautiful pen - review posted on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXEmIq7Poc

-Scot

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,300 Posts

Default Re: My review of the new (2021) Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Art Deco (Cobalt Blue) p

A suggestion:

You might consider a short write up, and maybe a few pictures, to go along with your YouTube link. This is a discussion forum, after all. You can also embed the video in the post.

To be perfectly honest, I'm extremely hesitant to click a link, simply because it feels like the post is just an "advertisement" of sorts. "Hey, check out my YouTube channel" sort of thing.

Not suggesting that's your intent, and I'm just offering constructive criticism relating the perception from my end.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

AlohaPens (January 6th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: My review of the new (2021) Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Art Deco (Cobalt Blue) p

Thanks, Dneal. Makes sense - I should have thought of that.

My overall impression of this pen is that I love it. It's actually a bit larger than the 2019 Art Deco (and standard MZ Grandes), but doesn't seem to weigh any more. The section has also been revised, and has more ornamentation on the cap, but less on the section. The pattern is different than the 2019 model, and still in the Art Deco camp. It's also a piston filler compared to the 2019 captive converter. I got the pen from Pen Venture and Emy tuned the nib for me perfectly- it writes exactly how I'd like it to.

I love this color combination, although I recently found out that Fontoplumo has an exclusive green version numbering 50 in total, which I think looks great in gold trim. The non-exclusive models are 100 per color and getting hard to find. Here's an image of my 2019 (top) and 2021 (bottom) pens.

There - now you don't even have to watch the video.

Scot
    Last edited by AlohaPens; January 6th, 2022 at 04:47 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlohaPens For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 6th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaPens View Post
    A beautiful pen - review posted on youtube:
    territorial io
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXEmIq7Poc

-Scot
    That red ebonite feed really looks good with the blue body, and it would be nice if pen makers had them in more colors. It would probably more feasible with a plastic feed I would think, since some Chinese pens have a clear feed.