Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNaill
    I read broadly myself, but if the intent is to immediatel divert attention from what occured on January 6, 2020, I am imediately suspecious. I mean, it is not like someone commenting on the Night of Broken Glass.

You are more objective in your dreams @dneal. And, given your posts regarding Sowell, vaccine safety, and medical knowledge, you are anything but more knowledgable lest I forget your posing of Steve Bannon. You believe what suits your actions.
    And yet again you ignore anything of substance. Care to critique VDH? Can you? I suspect not. Simply more claims, with no evidence. You just demonize and dismiss, because you're mentally lazy. Evangelical Christians, Steve Bannon, Trumpists, whatever. You imagine boogey-men everywhere.
    Last edited by dneal; January 6th, 2022 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added quote due to page jump
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    More claims, with no evidence. You just demonize and dismiss, because you're mentally lazy. Evangelical Christians, Trumpists, whatever.
    You claimed a high incidence of adverse events with children taking the covid vaccine. You claimed vaccines don't work. You claimed Sowell said things he did't. You posted lies and claimed you were being sarcastic. If you want to think you're better, that's fine. Go ahead. I'm one of the few still replying to your posts.

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, you claimed that I claimed that. I challenged you to cite the post. You didn't. You're as wrong on that as you are the Sowell claims. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and let you admit your mistake, but now I'll assume you're just a liar, because straw men arguments of your own invention are easier than addressing things of substance.

Pitiful, pathetic, and lazy.

Feel free to stick out your pouty lip and "ignore" me. Nothing would please me more than for you to stop replying to my posts and threads, because you're nothing but a disruption. An internet hyena. You can't follow a topic, you just spout your woke nonsense you got from CNN, the NYT, etc... Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow have their hands up your ass, pulling your strings. I hear their voices in your posts, 12 hours after they say it on TV.

So yes Chuck, ignore me. Stop replying to my posts. We both know you can't. You've tried before and failed. You'll fail again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    And if you're in the mood to read something with an opposing view:
    https://dailycaller.com/2022/01/06/v...urrectionists/
    Kaz, I read the article. It is an opinion piece, a windy collection of rhetorical flourishes. (Since the guy is said to be a classicist, he begs any reader to go back to Plato to read the many dialogs in which Socrates demolishes various teachers of rhetoric and their pupils) The author squeals as if someone stepped on his toe. Was the "stop the steal" attack on the Capitol an "insurrection"? From the evidence, it seems more like a last-ditch attempt to stop the US Congress from counting the Electoral Votes that were to make Joe Biden President, rather than Donald Trump. It was an attempt to stop the normal operation under the US Constitution by which Americans change Presidents. The mob attempted to overthrow the Constitution. That makes it treason. (And, yes, I was a history major long, long ago, and I know that few people except for spies have been convicted of treason.)

By all evidence, Trump violated his oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. He was assisted by officials he appointed into his White House staff, and by lawyers who volunteered to help him.

Glenn Kessler lines up what we have learned over the last year:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...t-we-now-know/

The Post allows five or ten free reads per month, and, since this is only the 6th, the article is not blocked behind a paywall.

“The insurrection took place on November 3, Election Day. January 6 was the Protest!”

— Former president Donald Trump, in a statement, Oct. 21

“The events of January 6, 2021, marked the most significant assault on the Capitol since the War of 1812.”

— Judge Patricia Millett, U.S. Court of Appeals, in an opinion issued Dec. 9

These quotes signify the vast gulf of understanding about the events of Jan. 6, 2021.

From the perspective of the former president, the attack on the Capitol was the result of an election that he falsely says was stolen. Trump claims the attackers were mere protesters, falsely maligned by the media and his opponents.

The reality, backed by law enforcement officials and the judiciary, is that Jan. 6 was the culmination of a sustained effort by a sitting president to overturn the election results. “That attack, that siege was criminal behavior, plain and simple,” said FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, who was appointed by Trump. “And it’s behavior that we, the FBI, view as domestic terrorism.”

One year later, here’s a reader’s guide to what is now known about the assault, though investigations and prosecutions are not complete.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Yes, you claimed that I claimed that. I challenged you to cite the post. You didn't. You're as wrong on that as you are the Sowell claims. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and let you admit your mistake, but now I'll assume you're just a liar, because straw men arguments of your own invention are easier than addressing things of substance.

Pitiful, pathetic, and lazy.

Feel free to stick out your pouty lip and "ignore" me. Nothing would please me more than for you to stop replying to my posts and threads, because you're nothing but a disruption. An internet hyena. You can't follow a topic, you just spout your woke nonsense you got from CNN, the NYT, etc... Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow have their hands up your ass, pulling your strings. I hear their voices in your posts, 12 hours after they say it on TV.

So yes Chuck, ignore me. Stop replying to my posts. We both know you can't. You've tried before and failed. You'll fail again.
    Feel better? LOL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
    ...From the evidence, it seems more like a last-ditch attempt to stop the US Congress from counting the Electoral Votes that were to make Joe Biden President, rather than Donald Trump. It was an attempt to stop the normal operation under the US Constitution by which Americans change Presidents. ...
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, succinctly put.

Thanks

Feel better? LOL!!
    Well lookie there, you’re learning.

Thanks

Like always ……

Thanks

Even Ted Cruz is walking back comments. What an over educated dumb ass.

Thanks

Pretty good, from Colbert:
    https://youtu.be/H_IxT2ei9gU

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Pretty good, from Colbert:
    https://youtu.be/H_IxT2ei9gU
    Liberal trash…..lol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    When Ted Cruz didn't punch Trump in the face for calling his wife ugly, I knew he was gonna lose.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    When Ted Cruz didn't punch Trump in the face for calling his wife ugly, I knew he was gonna lose.
    Liz agrees...“Trump broke Ted Cruz,” Cheney replied. “A real man would be defending his wife, and his father, and the Constitution"

How can any rational person, or a man with balls support such a man child?
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 7th, 2022 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks

I dare you to watch this news broadcast about Jan 6th and not laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVxK-rCNwY
    Last edited by Bold2013; January 7th, 2022 at 07:39 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 7th, 2022)

Thanks

That's really funny. Here is another one that will have you bent over laughing. Watch how the officer pretends to be drug down the steps and the participants, probably dressed up as Trump supporters from the Democratics or black people wearing white face, pretending to hit the officer with flag poles and such...LOL!! I can't stop laughing.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...g-capitol-mob/
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 8th, 2022 at 05:47 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (January 8th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

6 Jan sucked.

It's been purposefully exaggerated by certain sectors to advance their vision of a surveillance state.

The trespassers seem like a mix of the very gullible and agents provocateurs. No Black Bloc visible which is fishy AF.

In the aftermath The Donald has shown himself to be utterly self-centered, spineless, ineffectual. Few are surprised.

Now we have dozens of nonviolent (if stupid) political prisoners being punished not for insurrection (not one charge!) but for thoughtcrime (via trespassing.)

Anyone calling Jan 6 an insurrection or coup is most likely a hateful authoritarian out for political vengeance for the embarrassment of 2016.

I'd rather see Congress sacked every day than another small business burned, another Black neighborhood ransacked, or innocent bystander run down by a radicalized red SUV.

We have a problem with political violence in this country, those who intimate it's limited to Jan 6th are really the worst kind of scum.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 8th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    6 Jan sucked.
    Agreed!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    We have a problem with political violence in this country, those who intimate it's limited to Jan 6th are really the worst kind of scum.
    Absolutely. America's love for political violence goes way back. Very sick, IMO.

I don't think anyone here was suggesting that American violence, political or otherwise, is limited to Jan 6, 2021. America's history is drenched in bloodsoak. I can't imagine that anyone would deny that.

Thanks

Andrew Jackson was one of the worse inflator of pain and misery. Jan 6th is Trump’s burden to bear. I just don’t like the “what about this” posts regarding Black Lives Matter protest being suggested as something similar. They were not trying to overturn a loss.