Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

from above:
    ... . Addressing the judge before the sentence was handed down, Rhodes said he was "sympathetic" to the trauma that many law enforcement experienced during the Jan. 6 attack, but argued many members of the Oath Keepers were not violent that day. "I believe this country is incredibly divided, and this prosecution — not just of me, but for every Jan. 6er — is making it even worse," he added.
    Oh, the classic: "Holding me accountable for this felony hurts all my like-minded friends." No shit, Sherlock. Message sent: "You're going to jail if you do shit like this or even participate with the simple presence of your body. And if you organize or foment it, even from off the premises, you're serving even more time than the others."

Sounds right to me.

Thanks

From Department of Homeland Security

Domestic Terrorism Alert Bulletin, in its entirety:

National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin - Issued May 24, 2023 at 2:00pm ET (pdf, 1 pages, 287.83 KB)

Summary of Terrorism-Related Threat to the United States

The United States remains in a heightened threat environment. Lone offenders and small groups motivated by a range of ideological beliefs and personal grievances continue to pose a persistent and lethal threat to the Homeland. Both domestic violent extremists (DVEs) and those associated with foreign terrorist organizations continue to attempt to motivate supporters to conduct attacks in the Homeland, including through violent extremist messaging and online calls for violence. In the coming months, factors that could mobilize individuals to commit violence include their perceptions of the 2024 general election cycle and legislative or judicial decisions pertaining to sociopolitical issues. Likely targets of potential violence include US critical infrastructure, faith-based institutions, individuals or events associated with the LGBTQIA+ community, schools, racial and ethnic minorities, and government facilities and personnel, including law enforcement.

Duration
    Issued: May 24, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET
    Expires: November 24, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET

Additional Information
    • In May 2023, a now-deceased individual killed eight and injured seven others at an outlet mall in Allen, Texas. Law enforcement continues to investigate the motive behind the attack, but initial reporting suggests the attacker fixated on mass shootings and held views consistent with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist (RMVE) and involuntary celibate violent extremist ideologies.
    • In March 2023, a now-deceased individual shot and killed six people at a Christian elementary school in Nashville, Tennessee. Law enforcement continues to investigate the motive behind the attack and has indicated the individual studied other mass murderers.
    • Also in March 2023, a RMVE driven by a belief in the superiority of the white race was arrested and charged with allegedly attempting to use an improvised incendiary device to burn down a church in Ohio that was planning to host a drag-themed event.
    • In February 2023, two RMVEs driven by a belief in the superiority of the white race were arrested and are now awaiting trial for plotting an attack against electrical substations in Maryland. These arrests followed a series of recent attacks against electrical infrastructure, which some DVEs have praised and leveraged to call for more attacks on critical infrastructure.
    • Since spring of 2022, alleged DVEs in Georgia have cited anarchist violent extremism, animal rights/environmental violent extremism, and anti-law enforcement sentiment to justify criminal activity in opposition to a planned public safety training facility in Atlanta. Criminal acts have included an alleged shooting and assaults targeting law enforcement and property damage targeting the facility, construction companies, and financial institutions for their perceived involvement with the planned facility.
    • Meanwhile, foreign terrorists continue to use media to call for lone offender attacks in the West, condemn US foreign policy, and attempt to expand their reach and grow global support networks. Most recently, in January 2023, an individual from Maine who was inspired by a variety of foreign terrorist content was charged with federal crimes for an attack on New York City Police Department (NYPD) officers during New Year’s Eve celebrations in Times Square.

How We Are Responding

• DHS works with partners across every level of government, in the private sector, and in local communities to keep Americans safe, including through the following examples of our resources and support:
    • DHS and the FBI continue to share timely and actionable information and intelligence with the broadest audience possible. This includes sharing information and intelligence with our partners across every level of government and in the private sector. We conduct recurring threat briefings with private sector, state, local, tribal, territorial, and campus partners, including to inform security planning efforts. DHS remains committed to working with our partners to identify and prevent all forms of targeted violence and terrorism, and to support law enforcement efforts to keep our communities safe.
    • DHS, in collaboration with its federal partners, launched the Prevention Resource Finder (PRF) website in March 2023. The PRF is a comprehensive web repository of federal resources available to help communities understand, mitigate, and protect themselves from targeted violence and terrorism.
    • The DHS Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships continues to engage a coalition of faith-based and community organizations, including members of the Faith-based Security Advisory Council (FBSAC), which DHS reconstituted in July 2022, to help build the capacity of faith-based and community organizations seeking to protect their places of worship and community spaces.
    • DHS’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), the FBI, and the National Counterterrorism Center in 2021 jointly updated behavioral indicators of U.S. extremist mobilization to violence. Further, I&A’s National Threat Evaluation and Reporting Program continues to provide tools and resources for federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial partners on preventing terrorism and targeted violence, including online suspicious activity reporting training.
    • DHS’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Intermodal Security Training and Exercise Program (I-STEP) and Exercise Information System (EXIS®) work with government and private sector partners – including owners and operators of critical transportation infrastructure – to enhance security and reduce risks posed by acts of terrorism.
    • DHS’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) works with government and private sector partners – including owners and operators of critical infrastructure and public gathering places – to enhance security and mitigate risks posed by acts of terrorism and targeted violence through its network of Protective Security Advisors and resources addressing Active Shooters, School Safety, Bombing Prevention, and Soft Targets-Crowded Places.
    • DHS’s Center for Prevention Programs and Partnerships (CP3) educates and trains stakeholders on how to identify indicators of radicalization to violence, where to seek help, and the resources that are available to prevent targeted violence and terrorism. In 2022, CP3 awarded about $20 million in grants through its Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention (TVTP) Grant Program. To date, over 100 applicants and more than $50M in grant funds have been requested for the FY23 grant cycle.
    • In 2021 and 2022, DHS designated domestic violent extremism as a “National Priority Area” within its Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP), enabling our partners to access critical funds that help prevent, prepare for, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from related threats.
    • In 2022, DHS’s Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) provided over $250 million in funding to support target hardening and other physical security enhancements to non-profit organizations at high risk of terrorist attack.
    • SchoolSafety.gov consolidates school safety-related resources from across the government. Through this website, the K-12 academic community can also connect with school safety officials and develop school safety plans.

Resources to Stay Safe

• Stay Informed and Prepared
    • Be prepared for emergency situations and remain aware of circumstances that may place you at risk. Make note of your surroundings and the nearest security personnel.
    • Keep yourself safe online and maintain digital and media literacy to recognize and build resilience to false or misleading narratives.
    • Review Department of Homeland Security (DHS) resources for how to better protect businesses, houses of worship, and schools, and ensure the safety of public gatherings.
    • Prepare for potential active shooter incidents, build counter-improvised explosive device capabilities, and enhance awareness of terrorist threats, to include bomb threats.
    • Learn more about community-based resources including Community Awareness Briefings to help prevent individuals from radicalizing to violence.
    • The Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) Initiative (NSI) is a collaborative effort by DHS, the FBI, and law enforcement partners to identify and report threats of terrorism and other related criminal activity.
    • The Power of Hello Campaign and De-Escalation Series help you observe and evaluate suspicious behaviors, including information to mitigate potential risks, and obtain help when necessary.
    • View webinars on Building Partnerships, and Preventing Targeted Violence and Protecting the Safety and Security of Houses of Worship.
    • Report Potential Threats
    • Listen to local authorities and public safety officials.
    • If You See Something, Say Something® Report suspicious activity and threats of violence, including online threats, to local law enforcement, FBI Field Offices, or your local Fusion Center. Call 911 in case of emergency.
    • If you know someone who is struggling with mental health issues or may pose a danger to themselves or others, seek help.

Thanks

Kelly Meggs, 12 years.

Keep them coming. Show terrorists what happens when they attack government and try to usurp the most important proceedings of democracy.

Let's be vigilant, wary, and firm!

Thanks

Jessica Watkins: 8.5 years

. She tearfully reiterated to the judge on Friday that she was “very fearful and paranoid” at that time, and that while “for a long time I was in denial of my own culpability,” she now “can see my actions for what they were – they were wrong and I am sorry.”

“I understand now that my presence in and around the Capitol that day probably inspired those individuals to a degree,” Watkins said. “They saw us there and that probably fired them up. Oath Keepers are here, and they were patting us on the back.”

She continued: “How many people went in because of us? We’re responsible for that.”
    Self-proclaimed paranoid idiot. Not a defense, but true.

Thanks

I seem to be having a memory lapse.
    Would someone please remind me what trials, what convictions and what sentences there have been for all the BLM violence and destruction.

What happened at the Capitol on January 6th was bad; I'm not suggesting otherwise.
    But, to the best of my recollection, no government buildings were burned to the ground. And worse.
    How is that ok...... but Jan 6th so egregious??
    Kind of flies in the face of the left's constant cries for equality..........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Are you able to do a search?

If you want that information, get it yourself.

If you have trouble, try these links:

https://apnews.com/article/records-r...f2fdd3345dace8

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...-capitol-hill/
    Last edited by Chip; May 26th, 2023 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Are you able to do a search?

If you want that information, get it yourself.

If you have trouble, try these links:

https://apnews.com/article/records-r...f2fdd3345dace8

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...-capitol-hill/
    Yes, I know how to do a search. But, you see, the thing is I try to only search for non-partisan, evidence based information.

Chippie, when this sort of crap belches out of your Marxist, hard left ass, as it always does, it serves as ample proof you don't know how to do anything that isn't ridiculously biased.

Thanks

Marxist? I'm a Wyoming cowboy, born and bred.

So you belch out of your ass?

Does that mean you fart out of your mouth?

Or worse.

Thanks

Marxist? I'm a Wyoming cowboy, born and bred.
    Don't flatter yourself Mister.
    Real cowboys don't spit on the doorknobs of those with differing opinions or ideologies.
    You may have been born in Wyoming but you have the morals of a big city cockroach.

Thanks

WTF would you know about real cowboys?

Or, for that matter, morals.

Thanks

WTF would you know about real cowboys?

Or, for that matter, morals.
    Actually, one does not need to know much about either of them to realize they do not apply to you.

Thanks

Does Chip claim cowboy status?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    See #788

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    See #788
    Wow, a regular Rowdy Yates!!

Thanks

Another ex-army bloke gets 4 years. Busy week for bookings into prisons for Jan 6.

Yeah, that day was just another walk in the park, self-guided tours:

https://apnews.com/article/oath-keep...8a812e6d7d811f

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    See #788
    Wow, a regular Rowdy Yates!!
    I was thinking more like Gabby Hayes......

Thanks

Jan 6 cases tracker:

Here's a tracker from NPR: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/96547...-their-stories

NPR is tracking every criminal case stemming from that day's events. This database makes publicly available — and searchable — information on hundreds of cases, including alleged affiliation with extremist ideologies and past or present police or military experience.

An overview of the cases so far

• Number of people charged, federal: 1,015
    • Number of people charged, D.C.: 24
    • Number of people who have pleaded guilty: 581
    • Number of individuals who have had jury or bench trials: 90
    • The number with mixed verdicts: 35
    • The number convicted on all charges: 54
    • The number acquitted on all charges: 1
    • Number of people sentenced: 513
    • The percentage of people sentenced who have received prison time: 60
    • The median sentence for those who received prison time, in days: 90
    • The number of cases dismissed: 5 federal; 15 D.C. Superior Court

Last edited by TSherbs; May 27th, 2023 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks

It's not a status, bubba. It was a job.

Or rather several jobs: wrangler, campjack, night rider, range foreman, packer, grazing cop.

Now you guys can post pics of yourselves at your desks.

Thanks

It's not a status, bubba. It was a job.

Or rather several jobs: wrangler, campjack, night rider, range foreman, packer, grazing cop.

Now you guys can post pics of yourselves at your desks.
    Clearly a dude ranch photo op.
    Nice try though..........

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

Here we go with the cowboy thing again... *sigh*

Real cowboys ran cattle up to Kansas. Abilene, Dodge City, etc... There's a dedicated exit off I 70 for trailers to load and unload into acres of prairie grass.

North of Kansas it gets too cold for cattle. Nebraskans know this well. It's why Wyoming was never the cattle industry it wanted to be (aside from being late to the game). You had to get the cows out before winter. Instead, it ended up being a wild-west show. A facsimile.

It's still mostly nothing. Flat prairie with some mountains on the western border where evil Neo-cons hole up in million-dollar enclaves.

And one door-knob-spitting, make-believe cowboy.
    Last edited by dneal; May 28th, 2023 at 03:20 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (May 28th, 2023)