Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    It was the day I got the first Moderan vaccine dose. I got back to the office and heard about the events still unfolding. The I heard and read the Presidents speech before. I was pleased Republicans Romney and Cheney took a stand against Trump's actions.

    Where were you and what are your thoughts? Did you stay tuned or were you disinterested? Do you think it really occured?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 113 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Didn’t hear about it till after the fact (working and sheltered from daily news).

    Not a great look. Reminded me of the summer of 2020.

    Also made me think of the “back door to war” theory I had long forgotten.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Didn’t hear about it till after the fact (working and sheltered from daily news).

    Not a great look. Reminded me of the summer of 2020.

    Also made me think of the “back door to war” theory I had long forgotten.
    Are you saying Trump and/or his followers were trying to "provoke" a civil war ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    This is an interesting read of how the January 6th event may be remembered compared to other historical events.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/06/o...smid=url-share
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 6th, 2022 at 07:22 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 113 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    I think people knew what was going to happen and chose not to stop it hoping to capitalize (pun intended)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

    manoeuver (January 8th, 2022)

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I think people knew what was going to happen and chose not to stop it hoping to capitalize (pun intended)
    After reading the Trump speech transcript, what occured was not surprising. We now know, thank you journalists, that Fox News was saying things were going too far. I can imagine them saying, "oh shit, we were just joking"!!!

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 113 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    I think the left “ignored” the writing on the wall

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 256 Times in 195 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    And if you're in the mood to read something with an opposing view:
    https://dailycaller.com/2022/01/06/v...urrectionists/

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

    dneal (January 6th, 2022)

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I think the left “ignored” the writing on the wall
    It is not their fault.

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    And if you're in the mood to read something with an opposing view:
    https://dailycaller.com/2022/01/06/v...urrectionists/
    The source is a strong right slanted source. We should focus, regardless of whether we agree or not, on who stormed the building where lives and lasting harm were inflicted.

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 113 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I think the left “ignored” the writing on the wall
    It is not their fault.
    Reminds me of old FDR and Pearl Harbor

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    I think the left “ignored” the writing on the wall
    It is not their fault.
    Reminds me of old FDR and Pearl Harbor
    I would like to respond more to your posts, but I do not want to take the time to try and figure out your point. Sorry, bro.

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 113 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    “Back door to war theory”. FDR’s strategic positioning in the pacific to provoke Japan to attack and use it as a rally cry to get people to support him going into WW2.

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    “Back door to war theory”. FDR’s strategic positioning in the pacific to provoke Japan to attack and use it as a rally cry to get people to support him going into WW2.
    Yeah, I looked it up. I remember some think the Treaty of Versailles caused WW2.

  17. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 256 Times in 195 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

    The source is a strong right slanted source.
    An antidote to the NYT.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

    dneal (January 6th, 2022)

  19. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

    The source is a strong right slanted source.
    An antidote to the NYT.
    Nope. Try again. If you were to name one information source that you choose not to be political or biased, what would it be?
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 6th, 2022 at 12:17 PM.

  20. #17
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 890 Times in 477 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

    The source is a strong right slanted source.
    An antidote to the NYT.
    Nope. Try again. If you were to name one information source that you choose not to be political or biased, what would it be?
    Certainly not the NYT.

    The "source" is irrelevant, when the writer has an established career. Anyone remotely familiar with Victor Davis Hanson already knows his credentials and his political views. Dismissing the piece simply because of the link, demonstrates your own ignorance of VDH and inability to consider a view you suspect is not aligned with your own, which is why you consistently demonstrate your inability to argue merits of an issue, and why your posts consist of little but regurgitation of your woke echo-chamber.

    Here's the same article via MSN. Does the content now have more or less credibility?

    How about the article via Jewish World Review? Now if you disagree, you're clearly an anti-semite.
    Last edited by dneal; January 6th, 2022 at 01:29 PM.
    Be your own tenth man.

  21. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

    The source is a strong right slanted source.
    An antidote to the NYT.
    Nope. Try again. If you were to name one information source that you choose not to be political or biased, what would it be?
    Certainly not the NYT.

    The "source" is irrelevant, when the writer has an established career. Anyone remotely familiar with Victor Davis Hanson already knows his credentials and his political views. Dismissing the piece simply because of the link, demonstrates your own ignorance of VDH and inability to consider a view you suspect is not aligned with your own, which is why you consistently demonstrate your inability to argue merits of an issue, and why your posts consist of little but regurgitation of your woke echo-chamber.

    Here's the same article via MSN. Does the content now have more or less credibility?

    How about the article via Jewish World Review? Now if you disagree, you're clearly an anti-semite.
    He's a known conservative commentator. The liberals did not cause whatever you choose to label what occured on January 6th 2020. It is impossible to make it so. It was a failed attempt made by a person who lost an election. Of course if you want to pretend it was something else, it is not my ambition to stop you.

    I read Trump's transcript. I also know he said he would go with them. I also know he didn't show any courage. He used them.

    I realise he's your man and probably dictates much of your decisions. You've bet on the wrong horse @dneal. There are other better people for which to support.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 6th, 2022 at 01:41 PM.

  22. #19
    Senior Member dneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanks
    907
    Thanked 890 Times in 477 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Yes, he is a known conservative commentator. Paul Krugman is a known liberal commentator. I still read his stuff though.

    That's why I'm more knowledgeable and objective than you. I already know what you're going to say, because I read it in the CNN/NYT/WashPost/Atlantic/etc... headlines. You just repeat the narrative. No thought, just echoing. It's predictable, and boring. I bother with responding because I actually believe you're capable of reason, even though I rarely see evidence of it.
    Be your own tenth man.

  23. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 573 Times in 392 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Yes, he is a known conservative commentator. Paul Krugman is a known liberal commentator. I still read his stuff though.

    That's why I'm more knowledgeable and objective than you. I already know what you're going to say, because I read it in the CNN/NYT/WashPost/Atlantic/etc... headlines. You just repeat the narrative. No thought, just echoing. It's predictable, and boring. I bother with responding because I actually believe you're capable of reason, even though I rarely see evidence of it.
    I read broadly myself, but if the intent is to immediatel divert attention from what occured on January 6, 2020, I am imediately suspecious. I mean, it is not like someone commenting on the Night of Broken Glass.

    You are more objective in your dreams @dneal. And, given your posts regarding Sowell, vaccine safety, and medical knowledge, you are anything but more knowledgable lest I forget your posing of Steve Bannon. You believe what suits your actions.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •