Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

"A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I wonder when this evil Trumpist gets convicted. Most violent insurrection since Rome burned and all that...

Grandma.jpeg

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Related to January 6 is the Trump effort to overturn the election results more generally and possible violation of criminal law, and on this note Special Counsel Jack Smith has gone to quick work, and the DOJ has subpoenaed several states for 6 months of communications with Trump and his team of the time:

from CNN:

The requests for records were received by officials in Wisconsin’s Dane County and Michigan’s Wayne County late last week, the sources said. Arizona’s Maricopa County and Wisconsin’s Milwaukee County also received subpoenas, county officials confirmed to CNN.

The subpoenas request communications from these local officials with Trump, specifically, and from a list of several people who worked with or advised his campaign, the sources added. A copy of the subpoena sent to the Milwaukee County clerk seeks communications from June 1, 2020, through January 20, 2021, the day Trump left office.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Related to January 6 is the Trump effort to overturn the election results more generally and possible violation of criminal law, and on this note Special Counsel Jack Smith has gone to quick work, and the DOJ has subpoenaed several states for 6 months of communications with Trump and his team of the time:

from CNN:

The requests for records were received by officials in Wisconsin’s Dane County and Michigan’s Wayne County late last week, the sources said. Arizona’s Maricopa County and Wisconsin’s Milwaukee County also received subpoenas, county officials confirmed to CNN.

The subpoenas request communications from these local officials with Trump, specifically, and from a list of several people who worked with or advised his campaign, the sources added. A copy of the subpoena sent to the Milwaukee County clerk seeks communications from June 1, 2020, through January 20, 2021, the day Trump left office.
    Jack Smith is someone I would not want to be on the other side of a litigation.

Thanks

Typical duplicity by democrats. First, there's the obvious question of where is the Hunter special counsel? He colluded with Ukraine, Russia and China to profit from his dad's political office.

But Garland appointed a guy who lost his last corruption case 9-0 in the Supreme Court; and has conflicts of interest with this investigation.

No wonder Garland didn't get a hearing for a SC seat. Just another Obama trojan horse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

from CNN:

I don't really know anything about him. But as I said on another thread, having had even a glancing encounter with Trump or Eastman or Giuliani (et al) around the election of 2020 has meant that these people have had to lawyer up. The lawyers are getting paid!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (December 9th, 2022)

Thanks

From The Hague To Obama’s IRS Scandal: Meet Jack Smith, The New Special Counsel To Investigate Trump

In the case against (former Virginia governor) McDonnell, Smith’s team won initially — a jury convicted McDonnell on 11 corruption-related felony charges. The Supreme Court later overturned the conviction in a ruling rebuking the prosecution for its “boundless” interpretation of the law.

During his stint at the DOJ, Smith was linked to one of the most infamous scandals of the Obama administration: the IRS’s targeting of conservative groups. In the wake of the Supreme Court’s 2010 decision in Citizens United, the IRS unfairly scrutinized and delayed hundreds of conservative organizations’ applications for tax-exempt status from 2010-2012, according to a 2013 report from the U.S. Treasury Inspector General.

A congressional investigation into the affair uncovered that an official from the DOJ met with Lois Lerner, then-head of the Exempt Organizations Division at the IRS, in October of 2010. Days later, Lerner said in a discussion at the Sanford School of Public Policy that “everybody is screaming at us right now, fix it now before the election,” referring to Citizens United and the relaxed rules on corporate political funding.

In May of 2014, Richard Pilger, then the director of the DOJ’s Election Crimes Branch, told congressional investigators that the DOJ-Lerner meeting was set up at the behest of Smith to discuss campaign finance law. More specifically, Smith wanted to discuss the IRS being “more vigilant to the opportunities from more crime in the … 501(c)(4) area,” Pilger said according to Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), then chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Thanks

from CNN:

I don't really know anything about him. But as I said on another thread, having had even a glancing encounter with Trump or Eastman or Giuliani (et al) around the election of 2020 has meant that these people have had to lawyer up. The lawyers are getting paid!
    Yep, they are not going to get themselves in any more trouble over Trump.

Thanks

Five years for this one:

Yahoo News: Rioter who assaulted cops at Capitol gets 5 years in prison.

https://news.yahoo.com/rioter-assaul...220726662.html

Thanks

In a recent speech January 6 was listed with December 7 and September 11.
    Why was the Civil War, at times called "The Great Rebellion," not included?

Thanks

Two more multi-year sentences handed down:

Insider: 2 Capitol rioters who wrote 'Murder the Media' on the wall sentenced to 4 years.

https://www.insider.com/2-capitol-ri...-years-2022-12

Thanks

Thanks

Two more multi-year sentences handed down:

Insider: 2 Capitol rioters who wrote 'Murder the Media' on the wall sentenced to 4 years.

https://www.insider.com/2-capitol-ri...-years-2022-12
    Radicalization is a terrible thing and now they are paying the price. Sad.

Aren't you glad I don't repost Facebook pictures?

Thanks

What do you mean?

Thanks

He's pointing out the left can't meme.

Thanks

What do you mean?
    I don't post pictures, Ted.

Thanks

roger that

Thanks

The Jan 6 Committee Should Do Its Whole Job

The Jan. 6 Committee just revealed how nakedly political it is. Forget protecting the nation: It’s safeguarding the Democratic Party.

After conducting hundreds of depositions and closed-door hearings, committee staff were notified last week that most of their findings — about domestic extremist groups and about law enforcement’s failure to protect the Capitol — will be excluded from the final report.

All those investigations, paid for by taxpayers, are destined for the circular file. The report, due before the end of the year, will be about Trump and nothing but Trump.

Advertisement

A sensible decision, if the committee’s only purpose is to cripple a Republican presidential candidate.

Trump’s conduct that day is damning. But the Committee’s mandate was broader — to ensure that the process of electing a president, and the Capitol itself, would be inviolate no matter who runs.

The Jan. 6 riot was abhorrent, a low point in the history of our Republic. Americans deserve a complete, factual report on how it happened and what can be done to prevent a recurrence.

In the months before the midterms, President Biden and his media allies pummeled Americans with warnings that the nation is threatened by soaring, violent right-wing extremism. The New York Times called it the country’s “top terrorism threat,” citing the Department of Homeland Security.

Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), a co-chair of the Jan 6 Committee, insisted that attack on the Capitol was not an isolated incident. Singling out “right wing extremists” for most of the blame, he claimed terrorists were “reducing state capitols, grocery stores, schools, houses of worship and concerts to crime scenes.”

Frightening rhetoric that undoubtedly had an impact on voters, even among the 75% who said the nation is going in the wrong direction. How true are these claims? The Jan. 6 Committee should be providing the public with facts.

Advertisement

Americans can’t rely on the FBI. The agency is playing politics, manipulating data to make it look like right-wing extremists threaten America, according to whistleblowers cited by a House Judiciary Committee minority report.

FBI data keepers reclassified incidents as domestic terrorism. They also took each one of the many hundreds of Capitol rioters arrested and made a separate case file located in the local FBI office near the rioter’s residence, to create the illusion of a nationwide threat instead of a single incident in Washington, DC.

The Times editorial board ginned up fear on Nov. 3, claiming “incidents of political violence in the United States by right-wing extremists have soared.”

The Times struggled to incriminate right-wing Republicans for the despicable hammer attack on Paul Pelosi, husband of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, saying the attacker “echoed their hatred of Nancy Pelosi” while at the same time conceding “it’s unclear whether the man had links to any of them.”

The nation has suffered from political violence. But the evidence already at hand suggests that political violence is not a major threat to American lives. The Center for Strategic and International Studies reports that that US fatalities due to domestic political violence average 31 per year.

Nineteen deaths were linked to the two weeks of rioting following George Floyd’s murder. These tolls pale beside the 25,000 homicides yearly in this country. Crime, and pro-crime policies favored by Democrats, are the real threat to our safety.

CSIS reports that political violence is increasingly a side effect of urban protests and marches. In 2021, 73% of these attacks were “orchestrated by far-left individuals,” often in opposition to law enforcement.

The Jan. 6 Committee should do its job, providing undoctored data and an accurate perspective on whether the nation is threatened by violent right-wing extremism. Perhaps the committee is ducking the issue because the truth doesn’t agree with Democratic rhetoric.

Instead, the committee’s spending its final weeks putting on a sideshow over whether Donald Trump will testify.

What a travesty.

Thanks

You don’t need a committee or news source. All you need is to listen or read the primary source. That said, Cassety Hutchinson’s testimony should have dispelled all conspiracies.

Thanks

You don’t need a committee or news source. All you need is to listen or read the primary source. That said, Cassety Hutchinson’s testimony should have dispelled all conspiracies.
    Glad you agree we don’t need a Jan 6 committee.