Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Thanks

Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

I am curious how many who listen to Carlson know what he tweeted about what he thinks of the election and Mr. Trump?
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Federal prosecutors warn court of potential deluge of January 6 charges – report

Court officials estimate another 700 to 1,200 defendants could face charges as editor of New York Jewish newspaper arrested

Victoria Bekiempis in New York and agencies
    16 Mar 2023

Matthew Graves, the US attorney in Washington DC, sent a one-page letter to the chief judge of Washington DC federal court, apprising her of the potential deluge of defendants, Bloomberg News reported. The correspondence provides details on what the US attorney general, Merrick Garland, has described as “one of the largest, most complex and most resource-intensive investigations in our history”.

Graves said in the letter that justice department officials estimated that another 700 to 1,200 defendants could face charges. That would nearly double the number of criminal cases relating to January 6, Bloomberg noted. More than a thousand people have faced charges for alleged involvement in the Capitol riot. Those who attacked Congress did so at the urging of Donald Trump, seeking to thwart certification of Joe Biden’s election win.

In a new arrest on Thursday, a former top editor of an Orthodox Jewish newspaper in New York was arrested on charges that he interfered with officers trying to protect the Capitol.Elliot Resnick, 39, was chief editor of the Jewish Press when he joined the crowd at the Capitol, according to an FBI affidavit.

Videos show Resnick grabbing the arm of a police sergeant spraying a chemical irritant to stop rioters entering the building, the affidavit says. Another officer tried to remove Resnick’s hand from the sergeant’s arm, the agent wrote. The FBI arrested Resnick in New York on charges including civil disorder and assault of or interference with law enforcement. Clay Kaminsky, an attorney representing Resnick, declined to comment.

The Jewish Press, based in Brooklyn, bills itself as the largest independent weekly Jewish newspaper in the US.

Politico reported in April 2021 that video showed Resnick inside the Capitol. Resnick later wrote an article defending the riot without acknowledging his presence that day, Politico noted. At the time, the Jewish Press publisher, Naomi Mauer, told Politico the newspaper believed Resnick “acted within the law”. The editorial board said Resnick had been “covering the rally and the rest of the day’s terrible events”.

In the letter reported by Bloomberg, Graves said knowing how many cases would unfold was “incredibly difficult” due to the “nature and the complexity of the investigation”. The prosecutor also said he did not know the exact proportion of misdemeanor and felony cases to come but thought there would be a larger proportion of felonies, Bloomberg said. “We expect the pace of bringing new cases will increase, in an orderly fashion, over the course of the next few months,” Graves wrote. He concluded by saying prosecutors’ estimates might shift as the justice department continues to “evaluate changing resources and circumstances”.

Federal charges against participants in the Capitol riot have ranged from physical violence and property destruction to seditious conspiracy. The justice department has said 326 people have faced charges for “assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including approximately 106 individuals who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer”. About 140 police officers were assaulted. About 55 people have been charged with conspiracy, the justice department said.

Of approximately 1,000 people arrested to date, 518 have pleaded guilty, with many facing jail or prison. Fifty-three people were found guilty at trial, justice department data showed. The DC federal judge, Beryl Howell, told Bloomberg the court “continues to manage its caseload and trial calendar efficiently, notwithstanding the delays occasioned by the pandemic”.

“So far, the court has been able to manage the increased criminal caseload well,” said Howell, whose term concludes this week. “Should a ‘surge’ of filings occur at a later date, the court would assess what additional steps, if any, it should take.”

Criminal investigations into Trump’s attempts to undermine the 2020 election continue. Trump also faces a hush money investigation in Manhattan, a criminal investigation relating to his alleged retention of classified documents, a New York civil suit over his financial dealings and a defamation trial arising from a rape allegation he denies.

The Associated Press contributed reporting.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Good. Charge them all.

Thanks

The zip ties were not a good idea for this guy: https://news.yahoo.com/former-air-fo...IC4nRSj019RnUE

Two-year sentence.

Thanks

Six more affiliated with Oath Keepers: Guilty

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/20/polit...oys/index.html

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Real issues, from war to bank collapse; the literal bank receipts for Chinese payments to Biden family members; Fauci and Pfizer narratives collapsing; the Federal government working directly with social media to censor speech; and you're still obsessed with Trump and obsessively posting every "conviction" with a slight harrumph.

And you wonder why we can't have serious discussion here.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

What's that weird thing in your avatar?

A cancer cell?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    What's that weird thing in your avatar?

A cancer cell?
    See Chip, I told you this was my line.

“You try really hard to be insulting, but you're too dense and witless and predictable to leave a scratch.”
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Jan 6 defendant's lawyer being considered for disciplinary charges due to delays:
    https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-cap...65384015a62e6d

Thanks

In other developments, MTG visited the DC inmates from those cases, calling them "political prisoners." The grift continues. She sure loves the spotlight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    In other developments, MTG visited the DC inmates from those cases, calling them "political prisoners." The grift continues. She sure loves the spotlight.
    This is disrespectful for the Capital Police and deaths that Trump's words caused. I do believe we will live to see Trump brought to justice. As MLK said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but bends toward justice". Then, when he faces justice, the minions will face their actions and words as well. Hopefully there are enough informed people in Georgia to put her out of office. I cannot imagine she is not embarrassing a majority.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

No, we wont because everyone is so afraid that this means tying our government up with investigations of every president here on out (I'd love to be wrong). That fear is very real, whether one agrees with it or not. Personally, I'm tired of politicians being coddled because it might be hard, messy or nasty to go after them. Are we a nation of laws or not? And that goes for any and every administration. Trump is the most egregious, but is not alone in being a shifty character.

Thanks

When Americans become interested enough to self educate, things will change. You don’t have to study long to not vote for these people.

Thanks

From HRC today,
    "And the danger to democracy at home was crystal clear last night, as former president Trump held a rally in Waco, Texas, where in 1993 a 51-day government siege of the headquarters of a religious cult gave birth to the modern anti-government militia movement. Since then, Waco has been a touchstone for violent attacks on the government. There, last night, Trump stood on stage with his hand over his heart while loudspeakers played not the national anthem but a song recorded by January 6 insurrectionists. Footage from the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol played on a screen behind him."

Thanks

The song title was "God Bless Autocracy"

Thanks

Guilty (her son had already plead guilty):

https://www.wwnytv.com/2023/03/28/wa...apitol-breach/

Thanks