Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Re: I Guess it's Time to Discuss January 6th

Different dude, not much smarter: 30 months

Business Insider: Capitol rioter who wore 'Guns don't kill people, Clintons do' shirt sentenced.

https://www.businessinsider.com/capi...ntenced-2022-9

Thanks

I decided to look up the conspiracy theory that the Clintons murdered Vince Foster.
    https://www.kennedysandking.com/arti...lary%20Clinton.

On another forum, six years ago I remember a member supporting a flat Earth theory. He never flinched, but I sure learned a lot about space...LOL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi!

(Rinse and repeat.)

Thanks

As Raskin points out, that I had never considered, the US Constitution would have never provided a justification for insurrection.

Those on Jan 6 felt they had this right, to carry firearms and break in the US Capital.

So far, the Second Amendment hasn’t spared a single insurrectionist. This should provide a lesson for those thinking gun ownership is for some other reason other than for use by the government.

That we can play cowboy, hunt game, and shoot targets is nothing but a fringe benefit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    ... This should provide a lesson for those thinking gun ownership is for some other reason other than for use by the government.
    I don't agree with you on this, and it's not what Raskin is arguing in this column. His column is only about Jan 6 insurrection. I don't think that the 2nd Amendment is "only" about soldiering for the gov't. It's pretty clear that this is also a defense of owning hunting rifles, etc. Americans have been permitted always to own guns, whether they were in a "militia," or a military service of any kind. It's how your father (and my father) was able to own one in the house.

Breaking into a government building while armed and assualting the persons defending it is a very different can of beans.

Thanks

No, @tsherbs, it is not only about Jan6

Thanks

Why would a Constitutional expert focus on one point?I read his appraisal much more broadly for posterity sake. However, you’re welcome to think as you choose.

Thanks

I read the Raskin piece. My take is that he strongly disagrees with the oft-alleged "Second Amendment right" to stockpile arms for a violent revolution to overthrow the government.

I'm not sure why any sane person would see violent revolution as being protected by the Bill of Rights.

But sanity seems to be in short supply right now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Kgbenson (November 18th, 2022), TSherbs (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Simply put, the US Constitution wouldn’t provide a pathway to insurrection no matter how tall or how much you weigh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (September 27th, 2022)

Thanks

You both summarize how I read the piece, too.

Thanks

Reading about poor lost souls losing jobs, family, and gun use due to being duped by Donald Trump on 1/6/21.

Don’t let him get away with hurting others. Vote for anyone else in ‘24.

Thanks

Watched the hearing. They covered the bases in a compelling way, and the motion was made by Liz Cheney.

January 6 committee votes to subpoena Donald Trump

The January 6 committee has unanimously voted to subpoena Donald Trump, in a long-shot attempt to compel his testimony before the bipartisan congressional panel investigating his supporters’ attack on the US Capitol.

“We have left no doubt knowing that Donald Trump led an effort to upend American democracy that directly resulted in the violence of January 6,” the committee’s chair Bennie Thompson said. “He is the one person at the center of the story of what happened on January 6. We want to hear from him.”

Trump seems certain to challenge the subpoena by the panel, which has already taken testimony from a number of former top officials in his White House.

Thompson said there was precedent for subpoenaing a president, and for him to provide testimony to Congress.

“We also recognize that a subpoena to a former president is a serious and extraordinary action. That’s why we want to take this step in full view of the American people, especially because the subject matter issue is so important,” Thompson said before the committee voted.

Today’s public hearing is likely to be the committee’s last, but the lawmakers are expected to release a report on the insurrection before the year’s end.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eyEvents=false
    Last edited by Chip; October 13th, 2022 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks

If the only outcome is that Trump cannot ever hold political office again and that he is left penniless, it will be enough for me. I love the SCOTUS one liner. Maybe they are growing a pair finally.

Thanks

Trump replied with a letter. Probably written with a black sharpie and typed by a junior legal genius. Amazing how his mind works.

The Honorable Bennie G. Thompson
    Chairperson
    The Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol
    Longworth House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Chairman Thompson,

THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2020 WAS RIGGED AND STOLEN!

The same group of Radical Left Democrats who utilized their Majority position in Congress to create the fiction of Russia, Russia, Russia, Impeachment Hoax #1, Impeachment Hoax #2, the $48 Million Mueller Report (which ended in No Collusion!), Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, the atrocious and illegal Spying on my Campaign, and so much more, are the people who created this Committee of highly partisan political Hacks and Thugs whose sole function is to destroy the lives of many hard-working American Patriots, whose records in life have been unblemished until this point of attempted ruination. The double standard of the Unselects between what has taken place on the “RIGHT,” and what has taken place with Radical Left, lawless groups such as Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and others, is startling and will never be acceptable, even to those who will be writing the history of what you have done to America.

This memo is being written to express our anger, disappointment, and complaint that with all of the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on what many consider to be a Charade and Witch Hunt, and despite strong and powerful requests, you have not spent even a short moment on examining the massive Election Fraud that took place during the 2020 Presidential Election, and have targeted only those who were, as concerned American Citizens, protesting the Fraud itself. Those who committed the Fraud, thereby having created the Crime of the Century, go unblemished and untouched, but those who fought the Crime have suffered a fate that was unthinkable just a short time ago. We have a two-tier system of Justice in the United States that cannot be allowed to continue. A Majority of people in our Country say that the Presidential Election of 2020 was determinatively dishonest, including the fact that many Legislatures were overridden by local and State politicians and judges on vital regulations and requirements, which is totally illegal and UNCONSTITUTIONAL. In February 2021, Time Magazine broke the story of the shadow campaign that was launched to rig the 2020 Presidential Election. The authors write:

“‘To the President, something felt amiss. ‘It was all very, very strange,’ Trump said on Dec. 2. ‘Within days after the election, we witnessed an orchestrated effort to anoint the winner, even while many key states were still being counted.’ In a way, Trump was right. There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes…”

You did not ask one question about any of this. Since 1888, no incumbent President has gained votes and lost reelection. I received many millions more votes in 2020 than I did in 2016, unheard of in our political History. When you win Ohio, Florida, and Iowa, which I did in a landslide, no President has lost the General Election since 1960. We swept all four bellwether States (Iowa, Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina) that have correctly predicted Election winners since 1896. I won 18 of the 19 bellwether counties, my coattails secured the Victories of 27 out of 27 “toss up” House races, and the Democrats did not flip a single State Legislature. Yet somehow Biden beat Obama with the Black population in select Swing State cities, but nowhere else. It is all not possible, or very likely, but should have been a major subject of your Committee’s work because it was the Election result that brought this record-breaking crowd to Washington, D.C. on January 6th.

A large percentage of American Citizens, including almost the entire Republican Party, feel that the Election was Rigged and Stolen (because they have seen the determinative evidence, some of which is attached to this letter).

No work was done by the Committee on Election Fraud. We, and a huge portion of the American people, simply asked that it be a part of your Committee’s work. It wasn’t.

In addition, the Unselect Committee has willfully ignored the fact that days before January 6, 2021, I recommended and authorized thousands of troops to be deployed to ensure that there was peace, safety, and security at the Capitol and throughout Washington, D.C. on January 6th because I knew, just based on instinct and what I was hearing, that the crowd coming to listen to my speech, and various others, would be a very big one, far bigger than anyone thought possible. As it turns out, it was indeed one of the largest crowds I have ever spoken before, a very wide swath stretching all the way back to the Washington Monument. The massive size of this crowd, and its meaning, has never been a subject of your Committee, nor has it been discussed by the Fake News Media that absolutely refuses to acknowledge, in any way, shape or form, the magnitude of what was taking place. In fact, for such a historic event, there are very few pictures that accurately show the event, or how many people were really there. Incredibly, it seems that pictures showing the size of the event were perhaps cancelled, scrubbed, deleted or, in any event, not available, but we still have some—as attached.

The Department of Defense timeline shows that National Guard troops could have easily been present at the Capitol before January 6th and that I fully authorized this recommendation and request. Following my authorization, the Department of Defense was surprised to receive a wholesale refusal, in writing, from D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser and the Capitol Police, who do not report to me, but report to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. The law requires their authorization before any troop deployment could be utilized in Washington, D.C. Why the failure to act or use this ready force? Had even a small percentage of National Guard or fencing been there, there would have been no problem, January 6th would have been just another date. I did my job long ahead of schedule. Some people call it good instinct, but the troops were ready to go. Nancy Pelosi and Muriel Bowser didn’t do their job, they didn’t like the look of soldiers, and sadly your Committee refuses to say anything about it, because if they did, it would be clear that I did everything correctly, and that is not what the Committee wants to see. You stated openly that Nancy Pelosi is off limits, there will be no discussions on this subject, yet she and the Mayor were responsible for this very bad decision not to bring in the troops. The troops were ready to go, and you refuse to even
    discuss this subject. Why?

Despite very poor television ratings, the Unselect Committee has perpetuated a Show Trial the likes of which this Country has never seen before. There is no Due Process, no Cross-Examination, no “real” Republican members, and no legitimacy since you do not talk about Election Fraud or not calling up the troops. It is a Witch Hunt of the highest level, a continuation of what has been going on for years. You have not gone after the people that created the Fraud, but rather great American Patriots who questioned it, as is their Constitutional right. These people have had their lives ruined as your Committee sits back and basks in the glow. The people of this Country will not stand for unequal justice under the law, or Liberty and Justice for some. Election Day is coming. We demand answers on the Crime of the Century.

Sincerely
    Donald J. Trump
    45th President of the United States

Thanks

Six months for Bannon.

Thanks

7.5 years for this asshole:

NBC News: Jan. 6 rioter who dragged Mike Fanone into crowd sentenced to 7.5 years in prison.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...ison-rcna54314

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chip (October 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Not entirely new, but the specific language and details will matter down the road. The emails show that Trump's lawyers knew that he was in legal jeopardy by attesting to fraud claims under penalty of perjury. And Trump does it anyway, even after being told that there is no real evidence of a fraud (remember that "Kraken" of evidence of fraud that we were supposed to see?)

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...ation-00064592

Thanks

Read somewhere that putting Trump on a witness stand would be like putting a chimp in the school play.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Read somewhere that putting Trump on a witness stand would be like putting a chimp in the school play.
    Ha. You know he would perjure himself. Or maybe seal the prosecution case.

Thanks

It is a "prosecution case" only to the extent it is a political show trial.