Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christian Nationaism

Thanks

Default Re: Christian Nationaism

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Romans 6
    23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 19

11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”
    I disagreed with you that all sin is the same. I don't think a case could be made that Biden has as bad of a history as Trump. The lesser of evils and greater good concepts are well rooted in ancient ethtical studies. It is how we make better decisions.

You being a healthcare provider might have to choose which patient receives an ICU bed based on their condition. You are doing the greater good for the person with the best chances to survive that has a better outcome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Chuck,
    You said, "I took the lesser of two evils."
    You chose to align yourself with evil, lesser though you believed it to be.
    This is a common human dilemma. Like I explained to Bold, he might be faced with having to choose between two patients who both need an ICU bed while only one exits. You might come along and call him a murderer for choosing not to give one a bed, but you would be wrong because he was simply doing the greater good.

We can disagree and you can think Biden is a worse person than Trump. Like I've said before, I began to study Trump six years ago. So, I might know more than you, maybe not. Doesn't really matter, but my position has a basis rooted in reliable information.

What I think goes on with many Republcians is that they do not approve of Trump, but he is giving them something they want. They want there white priviledge restored, their Christian religion to be the bases of all things, that want to tote a gun, and they want no babies aborted. I had a friend last week, who is white, say he was tired of being made to feel guilty. I am white and I don't feel guilty. So, what's going on? I think it is that I have been self educated in the history of black and brown people in the US. I accept it. However, if you choose not to be informed and think tearing down a statue of Robert E. Lee is a loss of something sacred, you might start to get uneasy and think the coutry is going downhill.

And, Trump wants loyality. If you are not for him, he is against you. You might consider what would happen if you choose to be ruled by someone like that. Would you want to be ruled by Trump or Biden? Biden is more likely to let you disagree with him and not consider you his enemy. I may be wrong, but that's the way I see it.

And, can you think of one person who joined Trump's administration and left who is now better off? That dude from Exxon, Tillerson, and all the generals were poorly treated and critized as if they were fools.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 13th, 2022 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks

Chuck, you do realize that this has nothing to do with what I actually said, right?
    Confederate statues? White privilege? I thought the Constitution had something to say about the right to carry, not Trump conferring any rights. Are you saying that you'd make your decision on who gets a hospital bed on how you weigh a patient's respective moral merits?
    At least you had a moment of reason when you conceded that even Biden is evil.

Thanks

Chuck, you do realize that this has nothing to do with what I actually said, right?
    Confederate statues? White privilege? I thought the Constitution had something to say about the right to carry, not Trump conferring any rights. Are you saying that you'd make your decision on who gets a hospital bed on how you weigh a patient's respective moral merits?
    At least you had a moment of reason when you conceded that even Biden is evil.
    I never said Biden is evil.

Look up triage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I took the lesser of two evils.
    You said "lesser" which is a term of degree, meaning Biden is evil but not as evil as Trump.

Thanks

You said "lesser" which is a term of degree, meaning Biden is evil but not as evil as Trump.
    There is a difference between what I wrote and saying Biden is evil. I have to think you know this already, but you like playing the pest.

Thanks

Chuck, you chose to say you picked the lesser of two evils, not that you picked between good and evil.
    Your words.

Thanks

Chuck, you chose to say you picked the lesser of two evils, not that you picked between good and evil.
    Your words.
    It is a common saying. I figured you'd heard of it before. My bad...LOL!!

Thanks

Your words.
    It is a common saying. I figured you'd heard of it before.
    It sure is. Happy to explain it to you.