Thread: WTB Sheaffer Balance oversize with flex nib

Thanks

Default WTB Sheaffer Balance oversize with flex nib

I am looking for a Sheaffer oversize Balance with a flex nib. My ideal color would be grey striated or Red Striated. If not a sheaffer balance a eversharp skyline executive oversize would work. I would also except a flexible nib that would fit in a balance oversize pen. So either the pen, Nib, or other large oversize pen in celluloid with a flex nib.
    Last edited by tarheel1; August 12th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
    WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.
    Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: WTB Sheaffer Balance oversize with flex nib

Balance OS are already a hefty purchase. Finding one with a flex nib (not a common Sheaffer option)? Best of luck to you. If you can book it, I'd head immediately to the DC Supershow. Otherwise, contact someone like David Issacson (www.vacumania.com) and see if he can help out.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thanks I have contacted a few people and not had any luck as of yet. They do exist just pretty hard to find.
    WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel1 View Post
    I am looking for a Sheaffer oversize Balance with a flex nib. My ideal color would be grey striated or Red Striated. If not a sheaffer balance a eversharp skyline executive oversize would work. I would also except a flexible nib that would fit in a balance oversize pen. So either the pen, Nib, or other large oversize pen in celluloid with a flex nib.
    I fear my Carmine with flex nib (never made it to the Vacumania website) sold at the DC Show this week at $675. Gem pen.

Flex nibs on 1930's Sheaffers are very uncommon. I do have a bunch of clean OS Balances (all firm nibs) ranging $190-$1000 or so. Many not on the website yet. Black, Jade, Marine Green (marbled), Roseglow. Others in the pipeline.

regards

david

isaacson@frontiernet.net
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Senior Member Penne Stilografiche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Balance OS are already a hefty purchase. Finding one with a flex nib (not a common Sheaffer option)? Best of luck to you. If you can book it, I'd head immediately to the DC Supershow. Otherwise, contact someone like David Issacson (www.vacumania.com) and see if he can help out.
    I love FPG for many reasons now, including having the right to post the url "www.vacumania.com"! I am surprised to find myself spending more time here than the other dictatorship/ pen-forum.

Also, sorry for hijacking this thread.

Thanks

Btw i sent David Isaacson an email on July 25 and never got a response. You posted in this thread aug 13 but never returned my email.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel1 View Post
    Btw i sent David Isaacson an email on July 25 and never got a response. You posted in this thread aug 13 but never returned my email.
    Hi Tarheel,

Between some email glitches and a *heavy* travel schedule the last month, both emails and r failed responses (by me) are likely.

If you are up for it, do ping me again by email.

No worries if no longer any interest. I do understand service is important.

It is my hope that by early September I am back up to speed with the website, and I note that I have currently about 600 vintage pens restored and in the pipeline for the website, if I can just find the time. The 250-300 Parker 51's probably will hit as a Winter Special, the 200 1940's Sheaffers might be after that. The other 100-200 pens I hope to release to the website 20-40 pens every 2-4 weeks starting in early September.

Pens of course are not my primary business, but I hope to continue to offer some primo material to fellow hobbyists.

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks

I will shoot you another email.