Thread: Posting images.

Thanks

Default Posting images.

How do i post a picture from my computer?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,082 Times in 2,212 Posts

Default Re: Posting images.

Click Go advanced....
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.29.17 AM.jpg
    Click on the paper clip....
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.29.42 AM.jpg
    A window opens.
    Click add files..
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.34.37 AM.jpg

Select file. Upload insert...

Alternatively if you have a Flickr/imgur account.. you can insert images...
    test.jpg

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Ismaeldallastx (August 26th, 2023), LarryinIowa (March 23rd, 2022), Octavius (September 2nd, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

In addition, before uploading your image files, reduce their size. I typically choose 900 pixels for the widest/tallest dimension, and that makes them small enough. Occasionally I choose 1,200 depending on detail desired.

When it's time to insert the images into your post, make sure your cursor is placed where you want the image to appear.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Ismaeldallastx (August 26th, 2023), LarryinIowa (March 23rd, 2022), Octavius (September 2nd, 2022), Stands on Feet (January 10th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

This is the way I do it and is useful if you want to upload your images from your own computer:
    When you are posting your own thread or Editing your own post, just scroll down and click the Manage Attachments box then click Upload your image. Once it appears in the Manage Attachments box first position your cursor on your post where you want the image to appear and then click Insert inline in the Manage Attachments box. You can find more detail in the FAQ tab ^^^^ under Reading and Posting messages, Attachments and Images.

When you're using the Quick Reply button to reply to a post, then you will need to click Go Advanced in order to be able to see the Manage Attachments box.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 10th, 2022 at 10:23 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Ismaeldallastx (August 26th, 2023), LarryinIowa (March 23rd, 2022), Octavius (September 2nd, 2022), Stands on Feet (January 10th, 2022)

Thanks

All.

Man I must be really dense. I don't have a paper clip icon
    And when I navigate to seeing the sidebar and click attachments - nothing. No way to add attachments, delete the ones that are there.
    I must be missing a lot.

Anybody?

Thanks

@LarryinIowa: Go to your above post by clicking Edit Post. Do you now see a page that says Edit Post?

Ensure the cursor in your original post is in the spot where you want the picture.

Scroll down until you see Attachments Then click on Manage Attachments
    Once you have clicked on that you will see a File Upload Manager Click on Add Files Then click on Choose File then select it from wherever it is on your computer. Then click on Upload and the file Manager will upload the file.

When the file has uploaded so that it is on the bottom row of the File Manager box, and it is selected, it will show you that you can Insert Inline click that and it will insert it exactly where your cursor is.

When you click Reply to a post or Reply With Quote or Post a new thread There should be a row of icons across the top when you are posting. The Insert Image is on the square icon third from the right and when you hover over it it says Insert Image. That allows you to post an image from a URL.

If you are Replying or Replying with Quote and click on Go Advanced or when your are Editing a Post the Paper Clip icon is in the row above that and is in it's own little box 2nd from the right. That is the Attachment icon for adding Attachments. It takes you to File Manager.
    Last edited by Chrissy; October 26th, 2022 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks

WorkBootsMan's top 10 picks encompass a wide range of needs and preferences, ensuring that you find the perfect pair of work boots that combine durability, safety, comfort, and style. No matter your profession, these boots are designed to help you tackle your tasks with confidence. Remember, investing in the right pair of work boots is an investment in your well-being and productivity. workboots man

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

And if you want to delete an asset, as the system calls uploaded photos, because you're not using it after all, if you hover over the corner of the icon in the file upload manager popup, an x should appear. Click on that and you'll get a message asking if you're sure you want to delete the file. Click on yes (or whatever it it says that means yes), and it will remove the file from the system, and it will disappear from your post. But to be able to do that, the icon has to appear in the Attachments window of the file upload manager. (See paragraph below for what to do if the file isn't in that window.) Be sure to also delete the [ATTACH+CONFIG]attachment number[/ATTACH] text, or it'll show up in your edited text even after being removed from the file upload manager. Also, and this is important, it's not enough to just remove that text; the picture will still show up somewhere in your post unless you also delete the uploaded file from the system. I don't know if at that point the system considers it an unused file; if so, it will delete the image after an hour. But since it's showing up in the post, maybe the system considers it as being used, in which case it wouldn't delete the image after an hour. The safest thing is just to remove both the file from the upload manager and the [ATTACH][/ATTACH] text from your post.

Now this part may sound a little tricky, but it's actually pretty straightforward. In the file upload manager window there's a section called home where your uploaded files live, and a section called attachments. That's where you'll find the files that you're adding. As long as a file is in the attachments box, you'll see the x in the upper right corner (at least on my computer; dunno what corner it's in on a Windows computer) if you hover over it. If you want to delete a file that lives in the home window, you have to navigate to it, check the box in the lower righthand corner, and drag it to the attachments box. Then the x will appear.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the file upload manager window. It shows the x and the word Delete that appear when the cursor hovers over the corner. I had to tick the box on the icon and drag it into the attachments window from the home window to do it.

It sounds complicated, but once you've figured it out and done it a couple of times, it's easy as pie.

File Upload Manager.jpg
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (September 13th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    In addition, before uploading your image files, reduce their size. I typically choose 900 pixels for the widest/tallest dimension, and that makes them small enough. Occasionally I choose 1,200 depending on detail desired.

When it's time to insert the images into your post, make sure your cursor is placed where you want the image to appear.
    I always reduce the size of my images before uploading them to here. Perhaps some images are so big because not all phones have an edit feature? Or is it that when posting from some sort of image hosting site there is no edit feature to reduce the size?

Thanks

I always reduce my photos before uploading them. I'n not aware of any built-in editing feature to the manage attachment system. I think some photos are larger than others because people size them to different dimensions.

Thanks

ID Verification: Have a valid government issued ID like a driver’s license, passport, or state ID to prove who you are.
    Address Confirmation: Prepare documents like a utility bill, lease agreement, or recent bank statement showing your name and address.
    SSN Required: Be ready with your Social Security Number (SSN). It’s needed for credit checks and confirming your identity.
    Last edited by tivimatepremium; December 11th, 2023 at 03:09 AM.

Thanks

If you want to get free Phones, Free Laptops, Free Tablets, Free Ipad or free other Gadgets then visit and participate freegadgetX.com

Thanks

The Google Pixel 4 price is a visually striking device with a sleek design and attention to detail. It boasts three captivating color options: White, Just Black, and Very Orange.

Whether you favor a classic look or want to make a striking statement, there is a color decision that suits your style. The Pixel 4’s aesthetics and impressive specifications make it a device that stands out.

Thanks

Nothing Phone 1 boasts a mesmerizing 6.55-inch display that elevates your visual experience higher than ever.

Every image and video comes to life with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, showcasing vibrant colors and incredible detail. Whether browsing social media, streaming your favorite movies, or playing graphics-intensive games, the display of Nothing Phone 1 offers unparalleled clarity and immersion.

Thanks

Turns out the system does reduce very large files.

Man, there's enough spam in this thread to clog the healthiest of arteries.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (October 22nd, 2023)

Thanks

Wow, this post provides valuable information about obtaining a free iphone government Phone. Access to affordable communication devices is essential in today's world, and programs that offer such assistance can make a real difference in people's lives. I appreciate the effort to share this information and help those in need. It's important to ensure that everyone has access to technology and the opportunities it brings. Thanks for shedding light on this topic!

Thanks

Certainly! Could you please provide the message to which you'd like me to craft a reply, incorporating the term free tablet?