Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Trumo Really Believe He Lost?

Thanks

Default Re: Does Trumo Really Believe He Lost?

[QUOTE=TSherbs;351226]

Well, now you're just being silly because you've lost your temper.

You've forgotten/ignored my responses with my thoughts on your 5 points about abortion. Responded to your points, shared thoughts of my own. Then, when I asked questions about your position, you chose to stop. That's fine. I think of a "discussion" as a conversation. A conversation involves give and take, not alternating speeches. "Rope-a-dope?" Not a boxing match, or debate, and sorry you think that it is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

alperozt (February 1st, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

[QUOTE=kazoolaw;351228]
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Well, now you're just being silly because you've lost your temper.
    Kazoo, this is right out the trollish handbook, which, when on the topic of trolling Chuck, you said was not a bad thing.

To be annoying, and then call someone "silly" for being annoyed, is precisely trollish behavior.

I'm not angry, I'm just vulgar when I longer feel the other person is acting in good faith.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Not a boxing match, or debate, and sorry you think that it is.
    I don't. And you know I don't. This is one of those insincere remarks. Case in point. You're not "sorry" for what I might think. Your not even attempting to accurately understand what I think. I'm not angry about it; it just adds to my doubt of your good faith in these discussions when we have been asked not to descend into rancor.

Thanks

Not a boxing match, or debate, and sorry you think that it is.
    I don't. And you know I don't. This is one of those insincere remarks. Case in point. You're not "sorry" for what I might think. Your not even attempting to accurately understand what I think. I'm not angry about it; it just adds to my doubt of your good faith in these discussions when we have been asked not to descend into rancor.
    I was referring to the abortion discussion, not this topic. Reread my second paragraph, and my posts in the abortion topic: no rancor in either location. No debating there either. We live in very different worlds if no one is ever follows up on something you say and asks a question about it.

Thanks

Does the fact that you didn't ask about "dAR" mean you know what that means and, if you do, could you please explain it to me?
    For fuck sake, Kazoo
    Whatever do you mean? That you found Chuck's post to be ironic, or imprecise? Or just plain undecipherable and that's fine with you because it's Chuck?
    Ted knew what I was doing because I said so in my post.

If I were you, and you are interested in having an exchange, stop the nonsense and say what you mean like when you did when you said " In a word, "Yes", she's unqualified for office". Rather, what you did was try to compare her loss to Trump's which didn't fit because 2.9 more Americans voted for her than Trump, and she lost. He lost the popular vote in both elections. As much as you don't like Clinton, almost 3 million more people pulled the lever for her meaning you are in the minority. There is a lesson there if you are willing to listen unless you think minority rule is better.

Why do you think Trump was trying to get those key states to "find enough votes"? Him, Trump, complaining about the vote is like Tom Brady complaining his team lost the Super Bowl because the referees cheated, and then trying to get the league to overturn the loss.

Who wants something ill gained?
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 14th, 2022 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

If I were you, and you are interested in having an exchange, stop the nonsense...
    Ironic.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

kazoolaw (January 14th, 2022)

Thanks

The only people more obsessed with trump than his MAGA proud boys are leftists. Trump this Trump that.

Let’s talk about how awesome Biden is…

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 14th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post

There are threads already going on this. Or go ahead and start a new one. Some others would join you, no doubt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

Who wants something ill gained?
    Donald Trump does, for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    The only people more obsessed with trump than his MAGA proud boys are leftists. Trump this Trump that.

Rather let’s speak of someone who can be touched with our weaknesses.

One doesn’t have to be awesome or even holy to do so. Of course the writer of Hebrews said Jesus was and you’d except some one who was a disciple to want to do the same.

Thanks

Here's more reason that the suggestion of parity between Trump's response to loss and Hilary Clinton's response to loss is so ridiculous:

Yahoo News: Fake electoral documents under new scrutiny

https://news.yahoo.com/fake-electora...180154595.html

Thanks

So, fake electorial documents were made? This is news to me. Wow, what dishonesty.

https://www.americanoversight.org/fa...newed-scrutiny

Thanks

It's that Bannon strategy of throwing as much shit and disinformation into the fan as possible. Just make shit up and throw it in people's faces. Try to blind them with bullshit. Or at least clog up the media and the political and legal systems with it.
    Last edited by TSherbs; January 15th, 2022 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

It's that Bannon strategy of throwing as much shit and disinformation into the fan as possible. Just make shit up and throw it in people's faces. Try to blind them with bullshit. Or at least clog up the media and the political and legal systems with it.
    Kind of like Adam Schiff and "Russia Collusion"?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Bannon was posted here where he was speaking to a group of young people suggesting their lives were not going to be good. One member here appeared to be unaware of his "shit slinging" and felt what he was saying was true. He has fooled many a folk.

Since it is MLK birthday weekend, his saying that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice is one that I am clinging to regarding these people.

Thanks

Bannon was posted here where he was speaking to a group of young people suggesting their lives were not going to be good. One member here appeared to be unaware of his "shit slinging" and felt what he was saying was true. He has fooled many a folk.

Since it is MLK birthday weekend, his saying that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice is one that I am clinging to regarding these people.
    Let's hope that there's personal growth for us all.

I consider King's Letter From Birmingham Jail one of the great documents of the 20th century. I teach it and am always humbled by it. It is chastening in its effect.

Thanks

Let's hope that there's personal growth for us all.

I consider King's Letter From Birmingham Jail one of the great documents of the 20th century. I teach it and am always humbled by it. It is chastening in its effect.
    If I have my history on MLK correct this morning, he was discouraged at the local black pastors who wouldn't help the cause of Civil Rights in those letters.

Thank you for teaching. and teaching these documents. and this history to your students. Whether they realize it or not, you are doing them a life time benefit.

Yes, I am humbled as well. My friend was born in Tuskegee. She had to use the colored toliets, as a child, when going to town in Montgomery. She said they were filthy. I cannot imagine the indignity.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 15th, 2022 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks

King had been criticized in the newspapers by other black ministers who wanted not to rock the boat so much with whites. One of the things that King states in this response (also published in the paper) is that he considered friendly liberal whites (and the blacks seekng their favor) the greater evil because they garnered appeasement due to their friendliness and seeming lack of racist motivations but ultimately just furthered racist oppression by never supporting the changes for real justice and equity that were required. They were the smiling, beguiling traitors to the cause (my words).

Thanks

I also love the parallel between Thoreau (who said to Emerson, according to the tale, who spoke to him through the jail house window, "Why aren't you in here with me?") and King who was saying the same thing to his fellow black ministers. Two of my heroes of American history. There are more lights in the sky of my pantheon, but this is two of them.

Thanks

Added: Thoreau was jailed for refusing to pay his taxes because the gov was using the money to wage war with Mexico and would result in more territory for slavery. Thoreau considered the war an ethical abomination.