Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess it's time to talk about the NIH...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default I guess it's time to talk about the NIH...

... and mainly the collusion of Francis Collins and Anthony Fauci.

For months, Doctor and Senator Rand Paul questioned Fauci on "gain of function" research. Fauci denied funding it. When Eco-Health was discovered to have received funding, and channeled it to Wuhan; Fauci continued to dodge. It's not "gain of function" research (which was banned). "It doesn't meet the definition" (which changed on the NIH website).

Now we know Eco-Health tried to get funding for bat corona virus research from DARPA, who rejected it as it appeared to be illegal gain of function research. Fauci funded it though.

When Senator Tom Cotton was relaying intelligence that the virus might have begun in a lab (in Wuhan), he and anyone else who raised the idea was labeled a "conspiracy theorist". People were excoriated and censored. Journal articles were published labeling the notion a "conspiracy theory".

Now we know that Francis Collins and Anthony Fauci were aware in early 2020 of not only the possibility, but the likelihood. Their own email shows they conspired to squelch the notion, because of "international harmony" and other ludicrous reasons.

Three leading epidemiologists from Stanford, Harvard and Oxford met to discuss health policy in response to the virus; Francis Collins and Anthony Fauci conspired to have them labeled "fringe", and ensured a "public takedown" was published.

Leftist media and leftists in general (many here) gleefully mocked Rand Paul as "just an eye doctor". The Great Barrington Declaration was ridiculed, with Fauci himself characterizing the "protect the vulnerable" approach advocated as a "let it (the virus) rip strategy".

So it appears that Fauci authorized and paid for a global pandemic, and was happy to slander or silence anyone who dared to point it out. It appears Fauci's strategies have failed, and he was happy to slander or silence anyone who dared to point it out.

The list goes on. We now have more clarity on comorbidities and death rates. We now have more clarity on dying "with" vs dying "from" covid. More lies from Fauci (and the rest of the NIH, to include the CDC). We now know cloth masks did nothing. We now know surgical masks do little.

What other lies have we been told? Why, after two years, is there no treatment protocol for covid; and why are doctors who have been trying to develop one been slandered, silenced and had their jobs threatened?

Fauci lied, people died.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (January 16th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Default Re: I guess it's time to talk about the NIH...

Imagine if Fauci had said in March 2020: "There is a virus spreading in China, it will get here eventually and we'll need to manage it. We know a lot about the virus already, because we were studying it in a lab, from which it escaped. Sorry bout that."

He absolutely could have said that, he knew it to be likely at the time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 15th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post
    Imagine if Fauci had said in March 2020: "There is a virus spreading in China, it will get here eventually and we'll need to manage it. We know a lot about the virus already, because we were studying it in a lab, from which it escaped. Sorry bout that."

He absolutely could have said that, he knew it to be likely at the time.
    instead he's said literally everything else.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to manoeuver For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 15th, 2022)

Thanks

Which is why we can't believe anything he says now. The credibility of the entire NIH is compromised.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (January 16th, 2022)

Thanks

Seems to be a consistent message from those treating patients in the hospital, get the vaccine, wear a mask, and keep 6' distance. I listened to Michael Osterholm early on discussing the aerosolized nature of the virus and acted accordingly.

I began wearing a mask in April 2020 and never tested positive working for a healthcare provider, in and out of hospitals, and clinics while others in the same agency tested positive. They were the ones who ignored masking and distancing, carrying on life as usual. Some got sick and some died.

I am neither a Fauci fan nor enemy. Do what you want. It is your life.

Perhaps had I been isolated and was never around others I would have ignored it all.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 15th, 2022 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks

Seems to be a consistent deflection from the topic.

Thanks

Seems germane to me. You wrote "The list goes on. We now have more clarity on comorbidities and death rates. We now have more clarity on dying "with" vs dying "from" covid. More lies from Fauci (and the rest of the NIH, to include the CDC). We now know cloth masks did nothing. We now know surgical masks do little."

You don't know any of this to be true. Pure conjecture and wishful thinking. More the need to be right in your own eyes than anything else. Or, I told you so. You're free to do as you please. Go on and mingle, don't mask, don't distance, don't receive a vaccine. Then, if nothing happens, you will have proven your point for what is best for you.

Thanks

This is about the NIH's self-sabotage of their own credibility. The list of their mistakes (and now demonstrated lies) is what "goes on".

When people objected to the death toll, and "death from" vs "death with", and used car accidents as an example; they were mocked. Now we know they were right.

Fauci lied about masks. He told us they didn't do anything, and then said he said that because he was worried about shortages. Then he started talking about double and triple masking. He destroyed his own credibility.

Fauci Said Masks 'Not Really Effective in Keeping Out Virus,' Email Reveals

Anthony Fauci wrote in February 2020 that store-bought face masks would not be very effective at protecting against the COVID-19 pandemic and advised a traveler not to wear one.

The Washington Post and Buzzfeed News have obtained hundreds of pages of Fauci's emails through the Freedom of Information Act, revealing more about the early days of the pandemic.

In one message, Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, replies to an email from Sylvia Burwell, believed to be the Sylvia Burwell who was health and human services secretary for three years under President Barack Obama. Burwell had asked for advice about wearing face masks while traveling. Fauci's reply is dated February 5, 2020, and is available in a document cloud provided by Buzzfeed.

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

He added: "I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low risk location."

Fauci has previously been criticized for changing his position on masks. Early on in the pandemic, he advised against wearing face coverings, but that advice evolved over time.

On March 8, 2020, Fauci said "there's no reason to be walking around with a mask," according to Reuters—but this was before the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance on masks on April 3.
    Of course Fauci isn't even an epidemiologist, so what does he know. Maybe we should have been listening to Jay Bhattacharya, Martin Kulldorf and other actual epidemiologists (who haven't been caught lying, let alone on multiple occasions).

Fauci lied, people died.

Thanks

Your choice.

Thanks

My choice has nothing to do with this thread. Fauci lied, people died. Fauci might actually be directly responsible for creating this world-wide pandemic. He and Francis Collins certainly destroyed the credibility of the NIH.

Thanks

Your conclusion is not supported by the information you posted. I know you believe it, and that's why it is your choice.

Thanks

What conclusion? That Francis Collins and Anthony Fauci lied? That's not my conclusion. The evidence is there for anyone to see.

We need a devastating takedown of fringe epidemiologists. Lab leak is a conspiracy theory. NIH didn't fund gain of function research.

Three lies that cost 800k lives in the U.S. (so far).

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Thanks

People are dying because of many factors including not distancing, not masking, not taking the virus seriously. Since I was alive in January 2020, I remember those recommendations from several sources other than Fauci. I've already mentioned Osterholm.

I've posted interviews from ER nurses where dying people said the virus was not real. They cursed those trying to help them. https://twitter.com/JodiOrth/status/...555292162?s=20

Your conclusion that Fauci is at fault is complete nonsense. Not saying he handled everything properly, but I know too many Trump supporters who followed his lead and are now dead. So, if it gives you the warm and fuzzies to believe Fauci is a monster, I won't stop you. However, since this is a public forum, opposing voices are in order.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; January 16th, 2022 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks

Who told you all that? The lying NIH? People aren't dying because they didn't wear a mask. They aren't dying because they didn't social distance. They aren't dying for not taking the virus seriously.

They're dying due to age and comorbidities. They're dying due to poor immune health and immune deficiencies. They're dying from coronavirus for the same reason they die from influenza. They might be dying because you and other internet monkeys chimp scream whenever treatments are explored. Vitamin D? YOUTUBE MISINFORMATION!!! Ivermectin? "GAAAAH!!! SCIENCE DENIERS TAKING CATTLE WORMER!!!".

Practicing physicians (i.e.: not: lying, non-epidemiologist, career bureaucrats) are developing treatment protocols, at great risk to their careers. They're trying to save lives while bureaucrats create lies. Epidemiologists are trying to recommend effective public health policies, while bureaucrats are writing and publishing lies.

The guy who developed mRNA technology questions vaccine risk to young people? "BAN HIM FROM TWITTER!!! STOP THE MISINFORMING SCIENCE-DENIER!!!"

A mob with their torches and pitchforks out to kill any monster they believe threatens them.

But what I believe isn't the issue. The issue is Francis Collins and Anthony Fauci destroying their credibility, and the credibility of their organizations during a pandemic when people should have no reason not to trust them. Trump didn't do that, Collins and Fauci did.

Thanks

I'll repost this in case you didn't see and read. https://twitter.com/JodiOrth/status/...555292162?s=20

No way to blame this on Fauci or anyone else. People did it to themselves, pure and simple.

If you contract the disease and die, it isn't Fauci's fault. It is your own fault.

Thanks

Fauci funded bat corona virus research. Fauci lied about that. Fauci lied about scientists thinking it more likely the virus originated in a lab. Fauci lied about masks. Fauci lied about actual epidemiologists recommendations on public health policy. Fauci isn't an epidemiologist, so he certainly isn't an expert on epidemiology. He just plays one on TV.

Yeah, none of this is Fauci's fault - even if you contract a disease he paid for, which likely escaped from a lab.

Fauci lied, people died.

Collins and Fauci destroyed the credibility of the NIH - through their documented lying.

Thanks

Wherever it originated makes no difference. Not that it is not important at some point. If you are trying to put out a fire, knowing where it started is of no use. Put the damn fire out and deal with the other later. The problem was, you had a president who was trying to save his political rear by downplaying the seriousness and suggesting people drink bleach. The Trumpians came to hate Fauci but give Trump a pass. In a recent rally where he said he got the booster, he was booed.

Okay, so execute whosever you want, but you own actions, you own. You cannot blame anyone but yourself @dneal.

I don't except the nurse's experience matters to you, but others might find it informative.

Thanks

Trump lives in your head. Trump lied about all sorts of things, but Trump didn't lie about gain of function research. Fauci did. Trump didn't lie about lab origins. Fauci did. Trump didn't lie about epidemiologists. Fauci did.

When you pay for illegal gain of function research, it makes a difference so that no one does it again - if nothing else. To use your analogy - you find out what caused the fire to make sure it doesn't happen again.

What you don't do is keep listening to the fire chief once you find out he's the arsonist. You also don't let him keep being the fire chief.
    Last edited by dneal; January 16th, 2022 at 02:35 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (January 17th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Trump lives in your head. Trump lied about all sorts of things, but Trump didn't lie about gain of function research. Fauci did. Trump didn't lie about lab origins. Fauci did. Trump didn't lie about epidemiologists. Fauci did.

When you pay for illegal gain of function research, it makes a difference so that no one does it again - if nothing else. To use your analogy - you find out what caused the fire to make sure it doesn't happen again.

What you don't do is make the arsonist the fire chief.
    Trump was talking out of his butt. He didn't know. He was looking for someone to blame as he always has. Remember I was alive in January 2020. I remember what took place and what he said. He almost died from the virus himself. Fauci didn't and was in the same room at the same time. Outcomes speak for themselves.

You don't look for cause and blame while the fire is raging. You try to put it out. Remind me not to get involved with you in a task. You'd be running around pointing fingers instead of something practical.

Thanks

Trump, Trump, Trump...

This isn't about Trump. You've started plenty of threads, so feel free to decry him there.

This is about Collins, Fauci and the NIH; and the lies.

The emails speak for themselves.