Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often do you use your MB fountain pen?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,015 Times in 4,003 Posts

Default Re: How often do you use your MB fountain pen?

Quote Originally Posted by 23019VC View Post
    I have never thought about a pen show that would be a really good idea. I actually am not too far away from Los Angeles. I am in the Riverside County area. I just looked online and there’s some big pen show coming up very soon in Los Angeles. Maybe I should check it out
    Next week, in fact. As Fred says, there is absolutely no substitute for trying them out for yourself. The drive, parking and admission will add a bit to your bottom line, but it will also add greatly to your knowledge and potential for a good decision.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

FredRydr (February 2nd, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Default Re: How often do you use your MB fountain pen?

AND, there'll be plenty of used 146s to choose from, which in my opinion will more likely offer the nicer 20th century nibs at half the price of new pens. Besides, the Montblanc warranty on new pens has lost its shine (see other threads). AND, if you want the nib adjusted, you will meet at the show the nibmeisters who can do that for you. ADVICE: hold on to your money until the show, and if you cannot find the pen you want (I'd be shocked), only then buy that 146 unseen. WARNING: You may fall in lust for something completely different, but I would stick with the 146 because they are so easily re-sold. Introduce yourself to Osman Sumer and tell him you're a beginner and you want a 146. He sells very high-end vintage Montblanc, but he'll give you advice and point you in the right direction. Pete Kirby (Pete's Pens) will have Montblanc. And so will others on the list: https://capenshow.com/exhibitor.html Have fun! (I'm envious.)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (March 1st, 2023), Gulfcoast (February 2nd, 2023), Jon Szanto (February 2nd, 2023)