Thread: [WTS] Montegrappa Miya (18k OB nib, red celluloid, sterling silver furniture)

Thanks

Default [WTS] Montegrappa Miya (18k OB nib, red celluloid, sterling silver furniture)

Dear Geeks,

up for grabs is a Montegrappa Miya in the red celluloid finish. This pen features the fameous bulbeous shape in the body.
    The pen is equiped with an 18k Oblique Broad duotone nib with a heart-shaped breather hole. All metal on the pen is (hallmarked) sterling silver. Below are some pictures including a small writing sample:

https://imgur.com/a/yLzcuse

The pen has been lovelingly used. There are no marks, schrinkage spots, or anything. There are some microscratches, as espected, on the pen. Three fins has been broken off of the ebonite feed, but this in no way affects the pen.
    Shipping will be from Belgium, and I'm willing to ship worldwide. I do have a Montegrappa box if you'd want it as well The price is 340 euros net to me.

Best regards

Ruben
    Last edited by rubendh; January 16th, 2022 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: [WTS] Montegrappa Miya (18k OB nib, red celluloid, sterling silver furniture)

Quote Originally Posted by rubendh View Post
    Dear Geeks,

up for grabs is a Montegrappa Miya in the red celluloid finish. This pen features the fameous bulbeous shape in the body.
    The pen is equiped with an 18k Oblique Broad duotone nib with a heart-shaped breather hole. All metal on the pen is (hallmarked) sterling silver. Below are some pictures including a small writing sample:

https://imgur.com/a/yLzcuse

The pen has been lovelingly used. There are no marks, schrinkage spots, or anything. There are some microscratches, as espected, on the pen. One finn has been broken off of the feed, but this in no way affects the pen.
    Shipping will be from Belgium, and I'm willing to ship worldwide. I do have a Montegrappa box if you'd want it as well The price is 340 euros net to me.

Best regards

Ruben
    Perhaps it is the camera angle but it looks to me like several fins have been broken off. I count three.........
    Can you please clarify?

Thanks

Default Re: [WTS] Montegrappa Miya (18k OB nib, red celluloid, sterling silver furniture)

Hiya! Indeed, as mentioned in the post and as seen in the pictures, finns have been broken off indeed. It looked like one, but I took a closer look and it's indeed 3. I have now edited the post accordingly.
    This in no way or form causes issues to the flow of the pen or any leakage!
    Last edited by rubendh; January 16th, 2022 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks

Hiya! Indeed, as mentioned in the post, finns have been broken off indeed. It looked like one, but I took a closer look and it's indeed 3. I have now edited the post accordingly.
    This in no way or form causes issues to the flow of the pen or any leakage!
    Maybe not but an accurate description of any damage to the pen is a reasonable thing for potential buyers to expect of you.
    And why not make it easier for members to assess the extent of the damage for themselves by posting the photo here as opposed to elsewhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    And why not make it easier for members to assess the extent of the damage for themselves by posting the photo here as opposed to elsewhere?
    What exactly do you mean with "as opposed to elsewhere"?
    May I add my extensive 100% feedback ratings on both this board, The Fountain Pen Network (more than a dozen trades and sales throughout the years on that site alone) as well as The Pen Swap subreddit (u/pumaranger) with at least 10 confirmed sales.
    I have always used imgur.com as a host for any pictures and it's often used on boards like these.

As for the " accurate description of any damage to the pen is a reasonable thing for potential buyers to expect of you", it was clearly mentioned in the description that fins ware broken off, and a specific photograph of the feed - that could not have been any clearer, IMHO - was added. The damage has been reflected in the price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    What exactly do you mean with "as opposed to elsewhere"?
    May I add my extensive 100% feedback ratings on both this board, The Fountain Pen Network (more than a dozen trades and sales throughout the years on that site alone) as well as The Pen Swap subreddit (u/pumaranger) with at least 10 confirmed sales.
    I have always used imgur.com as a host for any pictures and it's often used on boards like these.

As for the " accurate description of any damage to the pen is a reasonable thing for potential buyers to expect of you", it was clearly mentioned in the description that fins ware broken off, and a specific photograph of the feed - that could not have been any clearer, IMHO - was added. The damage has been reflected in the price.
    You said "fin" not "fins."
    If members want to take the time to leave this website and pull up another website they can look at the photo you provided and decide for themselves whether or not what you initially provided was an accurate description.

Thanks

You may have forgotten, but you may wish to update you advertisement on reddit pen swap also to reflect 3 fins rather than 1.