Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mystery Ink #40 and #41

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Ink #40 and #41

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    For anyone who is interested I've done some testing on Diamine inks to see if I could find the one that is closest to Akkerman Israel Zeeblauw. I'm confident that is almost identical to Diamine Eau de Nil.
    Does it feel more lubricated and wet in a fine point than Israel Zeeblauw, cause I know the few diamine I've tried were pretty dry. I loved the color of Israel zeeblauw, in fact I still had a tiny bit that I'm writing with now, I just like a wetter more lubricated ink since I only use a lamy fine nib as my daily.

Thanks
    mreeveshp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mreeveshp View Post
    Thank you junglejim, I think that is my first time with both brands, if all montverede ink writes as nice as that one I may have to add it to one of my wish list inks, and I'm sure I could find an ink that is about the same color and shading as the akkerman that maybe isn't as dry and feels better to write with although its not the driest ink I've tried

Thank you again for putting on this event and I'm very much looking forward to what is brought to the table next time

Thanks
    mreeveshp
    I have an untame-able gusher of a pen, and the Akkerman just might be its solution.
    It might be I have a feeling if my lamy had a crazy flow it probably would have been great. My only other pens I have is a cheap noodler eyedropper that can be a real pain (it likes to let out blobs at random times) and a Monteverde Mountain (F) that was gifted to me by a wonderful member of FPG and its my baystate blue pen (which I use a almost half and half mix of baystate blue and water to keep it writing halfway decent but it still has hard starts a lot). My Aurora was my absolute best but sadly the threads separated from the pen and can't be reattached, so my lamy al star (F) has become my daily carry and daily use pen. One day I hope to have the extra funds to get a few new cheap-mid range pens and some more inks but medical bills take precedence.

Thanks
    mreeveshp

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mreeveshp For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (March 9th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mreeveshp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    For anyone who is interested I've done some testing on Diamine inks to see if I could find the one that is closest to Akkerman Israel Zeeblauw. I'm confident that is almost identical to Diamine Eau de Nil.
    Does it feel more lubricated and wet in a fine point than Israel Zeeblauw, cause I know the few diamine I've tried were pretty dry. I loved the color of Israel zeeblauw, in fact I still had a tiny bit that I'm writing with now, I just like a wetter more lubricated ink since I only use a lamy fine nib as my daily.

Thanks
    mreeveshp
    I didn't find it dry with any of my M nibs. Diamine Eau de Nil is a very popular ink. Here is Mountain of Ink's review of it.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

mreeveshp (March 9th, 2022)