Thread: Conway Stewart

Thanks

Default Conway Stewart

Does anyone own a Conway Stewart model 100 or Winston, if so what is you opinion of the pen.

Thanks

Default Re: Conway Stewart

I own a Churchill, Duro, and a Series 58 (current production). All three are great pens. In fact, I'm contemplating buying this Series 100 myself. https://conwaystewart.com/products/c...39579929640995

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I looked at the 58 Series and the 100 series and I like them both. I prefer pens that at least 125mm barrel and nib length. The Winston is kinda my optimal pen. How so you like your Churchill. Where did you purchase your pens from?

Thanks

I purchased the three mentioned above from the CS website. The Churchill is a great pen and one of my favourites. It and my Onoto Magna are my two favourite current production pens. They are about the same size in length and diameter. The Churchill will post, but the Onoto won't. It isn't an issue since they both balance well in the hand unposted.

I have several vintage Conway Stewart pens as well. You really can't go wrong with a CS pen.

Thanks

Thanks again for your input. Based on your input I am going to take a hard look at the Churchill. I mentioned the 100 series originally, it has a different grip that most other models and I don't have any stores that are close enough to go to and see the 100 series. How you held one, if so what was your opinion of the grip. I tend grip a pen high so I don't think it would be an issue just curious. The 100 you sent as a link is a really good looking pen.

Thanks

I haven't held a current production series 100. Looking at the photos on the website, I can see that the section is shorter than the Churchill's section. I also take a higher hold, so this may be a factor to consider. My normal hold on the Churchill places my tip of my index finger and thumb on the threads and the top part of the section. Having no step-down from the barrel to the section on either pen (Churchill or S. 100) makes a high grip comfortable. The dimensions may be significant to you. Barrel diameters: Churchill = 15mm, Series 100 = 13.5mm, and -- for comparison -- the Onoto Magna (surprisingly, at its widest) = 13.2mm. Both the Churchill and the Onoto feel comfortable to me, and until I looked up the dimensions, hadn't noticed that the Onoto is approximately the same diameter as the series 100 and not the the Churchill.

Any comments I have made, or could make, about 'feel' would be purely subjective.

Thanks

The dimensions of the Churchill are ok as i like a little girth. I was looking at the Winston and noticed that it weight is 54 grams as compared to 35 grams for the Churchill. I would not consider the Churchill weight heavy but not sure about 54 grams. And as you said "feel"is purely subjective. I am not anal about dimensions but since pen stores are not close I shop a lot online so I do look at them.

I do appreciate you input and am going to figure out in the next couple of day which way I am going to go. Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Great. Keep me posted on what you choose. I'll be interested to know how you like it.