Thread: Parker Duofold Senior streamline De Luxe

Thanks

Default Parker Duofold Senior streamline De Luxe

Parker Duofold Senior streamline De Luxe
    Hi Fellew fpgeeks!! I am new here and wanted some help to id my red Parker Duofold. I believe it’s early 1930s as it’s a streamline version with 3 gold bands. The other interesting thing about this vintage Duofold is that on the barrel it’s has CO and a anchor mark so it’s Christian Olsen version but the nib is a two tone flex Penol nib. I kno us Duofolds we’re sent to Denmark but expected a Parker nib and not a penol one. Any ideas? Any help to identify this model will be great. Many thanks. Once I learn how to post pics Here I’ll upload them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Parkers For This Useful Post:

Seattleite (February 26th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: Parker Duofold Senior streamline De Luxe

To post pictures click on Reply then Go Advanced and a new edit panel will be displayed. On it there is an attachment button. It looks like a paperclip at right of top row of icons. Click on that and an attachment management panel is displayed. Use the Add Files function to upload images, then select your image and click Insert Inline.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrawler For This Useful Post:

welch (February 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Hey Parkers... I have an Olsen Anchor-marked "Penol Deluxe" Duofold Jr Streamline (two band, orange celluloid), which has a two-toned nib. The nib has a large Anchor/C/O mark, with "Penol Deluxe", below. I have seen some 1930s Penols which are based on Duofold parts which have nibs marked Parker, but also have the stylized version of the Olson mark, below. I think that these and the Penol marked nibs were Danish production. The Penol Deluxe two tone is pretty crude, and the Parker marked nibs are just shaped/formed differently than the typical US Parker nib of the time. Local nib production may have been part of the arrangement. This is just speculation based on observation. What color is your Deluxe? The Danes seemed to really like orange pens, but I imagine since yours is a three band, it is one of the late production colors. Pretty obscure and interesting pens, to be sure.

Bob

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. Mine is orange permanite and indeed it has a two toned ‘Penol Deluxe’ flexible nib which writes great. I’ve read in ‘AL fountain pens vintage and modern’ that the Duofold in 1932 modified the three bands with the centre band being wider which is exactly what mine has.
    I believe this Parker Duofold was made in Denmark by the Olsen pen company under license since 1932.
    Apparently during 1930 time of recession Parker used Penol pens parts and vice verser.

Thanks

Sorry correction, made in the USA but then sent to Denmark

Thanks

Thanks for the instructions unfortunately my iPhone isn’t showing the attachment paper click button. I’ll try again from a desktop.
    Thanks again. Parkers

Thanks

Please see pics. What do you pros think? I haven’t seen any other Orange/red Duofold with 3 bands and then with a Penol flex nib. Just want to be sure it’s legit. The nib has ‘Penol Deluxe’ written above C/O and anchor mark. This corresponds to the same anchor mark on the barral.

Has anyone seen one like this before etc. is this a good unique find.

Many thanks.

P
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parkers For This Useful Post:

Barry Gabay (May 5th, 2022), Scrawler (February 26th, 2022), Seattleite (February 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Let me correct my post... My pen's barrel has standard late Duofold US markings, with the addition the Anchor logo. It is only the nib which has Penol. My pen has a clip with no lettering, seems closer to a Jr flat top diameter than Streamline. Don't know if it is original.

Wow, your pen is really eyecatching with the triple banded orange cap and boldly lettered clip! Your nib looks better than the one that I have, too. Nice length to the tines. Looks elegant

Bob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seattleite View Post
    Let me correct my post... My pen's barrel has standard late Duofold US markings, with the addition the Anchor logo. It is only the nib which has Penol. My pen has a clip with no lettering, seems closer to a Jr flat top diameter than Streamline. Don't know if it is original.

Wow, your pen is really eyecatching with the triple banded orange cap and boldly lettered clip! Your nib looks better than the one that I have, too. Nice length to the tines. Looks elegant

Bob
    Thanks Bob, C/O Anchor mark like below? Also the feed is the Xmas tree type one but also has a slight mark on it, like a funnel mark. Have you seen any orange Duofold seniors with 3 bands. The only 3 band pics online are the ‘Moderne’ version Duofold which are all what seems to be in different colours.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Just passing through..........

I am very surprised that others here have not replied.

The Anchor mark is that of Christian Olsen, Denmark

The shells were made at Arrow Park

For those interested.......Christain Olsen's son Bent Olsen spent a year (1928) in Arrow Park, Janesville before joining his father's company.
    It was his idea to include the familiar anchor logo.
    Last edited by proteus; February 28th, 2022 at 04:56 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to proteus For This Useful Post:

dneal (February 28th, 2022), FredRydr (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Thank you, proteus, for sharing that esoteric bit of Parker knowledge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parkers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattleite View Post

Bob
    Thanks Bob, C/O Anchor mark like below? Also the feed is the Xmas tree type one but also has a slight mark on it, like a funnel mark. Have you seen any orange Duofold seniors with 3 bands. The only 3 band pics online are the ‘Moderne’ version Duofold which are all what seems to be in different colours.
    Yes, my pen is marked the same as yours, with the Olsen anchor similarly placed .

I have heard that the Parker's service folks put a notch on the feed to indicate that the tail of the feed, the "Lucky Curve", had been cut off. This was done to allow the feed and nib to be driven ouit from the back. I have seen at least a couple of notched feeds with intact tails, so it is possible that the notch was also used by some to facilitate pulling from the front. in any event, the notch does not detract, IMO.

I don't recall ever seeing a US Parker Sr Deluxe in this color. Could make yours a pretty interesting "export only" variant.

Bob
    Last edited by Seattleite; February 28th, 2022 at 07:00 AM.