Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for snipe, snark, and ad hominem grandstanding

Thanks

Default Re: Thread for snipe, snark, and ad hominem grandstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Hanson is bunkered in the Hoover Institution, a fascist think-tank oddly situated at Stanford. When I was a postgraduate fellow there, I would pass by the building and often spit on the doorknob.

In other words, he's well-paid to spew his anti-everything-decent garbage, which presently passes as "conservative" thought.

(Since when is the Las Vegas Review-Journal an academic publication?)
    One thing you three stooges have in common (beside all being morons) is that you are all such "class acts."

Thanks

Read historians and decide for yourself.@724

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I've got a better idea Chuck.
    Let's agree to come back to Hanson's op-ed on Wednesday November 9th.......
    America has had it with you and your far left, progressive type. We're taking our Country back.

As for your garbage about Biden and his leadership, get real!! Every time that demented fool opens his mouth he gets us into more & more trouble on the international front. The staffers who carry the pooper scoopers and walk behind him shoveling it up have been working overtime this week........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    I've got a better idea Chuck.
    Let's agree to come back to Hanson's op-ed on Wednesday November 9th.......
    America has had it with you and your far left, progressive type. We're taking our Country back.

As for your garbage about Biden and his leadership, get real!! Every time that demented fool opens his mouth he gets us into more & more trouble on the international front. The staffers who carry the pooper scoopers and walk behind him shoveling it up have been working overtime this week........
    What would "taking your country back" look like to you? Would you go back to the 1930's? 1950's ? If you respond, we can discuss a time that you feel America was better than now.

Hansen writes that Trump hurt himself with his communication. He said a third of his supporters didn't like him. He speaks of Trump's decline. Do you agree with Hansen?

Biden won the popular vote by 7 million. Clearly more people wanted a change. Yes, Biden is not a disciplined speaker, but neither was Trump.

As Hansen notes, Trump was helped by those that didn't want Clinton in office. People voted for Biden because they didn't want Trump is office. It has to be noted that Trump lost both popular vote contests. So, when we discuss people wanting their country back, should the minority or majority get to choose?

Thanks

Sure, I'll be glad to respond and will do so in CAPS only to make it easier to differentiate my comments from yours. So, no sophomoric comments about my use of CAPS please:

What would "taking your country back" look like to you? Would you go back to the 1930's? 1950's ? If you respond, we can discuss a time that you feel America was better than now.
    WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK BACK VERY FAR CHUCK, THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS, MYSELF INCLUDED, CURRENTLY BELIEVE WE WERE MUCH BETTER OFF BEFORE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT

Hansen writes that Trump hurt himself with his communication. He said a third of his supporters didn't like him. He speaks of Trump's decline. Do you agree with Hansen?
    YES

Biden won the popular vote by 7 million. Clearly more people wanted a change. Yes, Biden is not a disciplined speaker, but neither was Trump.
    IF THE ELECTION WERE TODAY EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP WOULD VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN AND A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF INDEPENDENTS WHO VOTED FOR BIDEN BECAUSE THEY DID NOT LIKE TRUMP'S COMMUNICATION STYLE WOULD SEE THE ERROR IN THEIR WAYS AND VOTE FOR TRUMP. TRUMP WOULD WIN IN A HUGE LANDSLIDE. PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR TRUMP AS THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE IN 2024 I AM ONLY MAKING A STATEMENT OF FACT

As Hansen notes, Trump was helped by those that didn't want Clinton in office. People voted for Biden because they didn't want Trump is office. It has to be noted that Trump lost both popular vote contests. So, when we discuss people wanting their country back, should the minority or majority get to choose?
    LONG BEFORE THE CURRENT TIME I BELIEVED IT SHOULD BE "MAJORITY RULES" AND THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE SHOULD BE DISBANDED. AND, I'D BE FINE WITH IT NOW....... BUT NOT THE WAY THE RADICAL LEFT WANTED TO GO ABOUT DOING IT.

Thanks

Sure, I'll be glad to respond and will do so in CAPS only to make it easier to differentiate my comments from yours. So, no sophomoric comments about my use of CAPS please:

WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK BACK VERY FAR CHUCK, THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS, MYSELF INCLUDED, CURRENTLY BELIEVE WE WERE MUCH BETTER OFF BEFORE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT

YES

IF THE ELECTION WERE TODAY EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP WOULD VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN AND A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF INDEPENDENTS WHO VOTED FOR BIDEN BECAUSE THEY DID NOT LIKE TRUMP'S COMMUNICATION STYLE WOULD SEE THE ERROR IN THEIR WAYS AND VOTE FOR TRUMP. TRUMP WOULD WIN IN A HUGE LANDSLIDE. PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR TRUMP AS THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE IN 2024 I AM ONLY MAKING A STATEMENT OF FACT

LONG BEFORE THE CURRENT TIME I BELIEVED IT SHOULD BE "MAJORITY RULES" AND THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE SHOULD BE DISBANDED. AND, I'D BE FINE WITH IT NOW....... BUT NOT THE WAY THE RADICAL LEFT WANTED TO GO ABOUT DOING IT.
    If I understand, "taking your country back" is just having Trump in office? You are not referring to a previous decade or era?

Does it concern you at all that Trump lost two elections using popular vote? This tells me the majority of Americans disagree with you. How does it make you feel that you are in the minority? If you are the minority, who should change? Or, to put it a different way, would you want to live in a place where the minority got their way over the majority?

Specifically, does it matter to you that more people have opportunities to have a good life, whether you understand or agree with them? Do you think you know what is best for others than they know for themselves? Do you feel you are superior to some?

In my opinion, whoever runs for President should bring American's together rather than using cultural differences. The world needs everyone and agreeing every time is not even essential to be a great nation.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; March 28th, 2022 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks

YES

If I understand, "taking your country back" is just having Trump in office? You are not referring to a previous decade or era?

Does it concern you at all that Trump lost two elections using popular vote? This tells me the majority of Americans disagree with you. How does it make you feel that you are in the minority? If you are the minority, who should change? Or, to put it a different way, would you want to live in a place where the minority got their way over the majority?

Specifically, does it matter to you that more people have opportunities to have a good life, whether you understand or agree with them? Do you think you know what is best for others than they know for themselves? Do you feel you are superior to some?
    I was foolish to let you pull me into what you described as a "discussion" Chuck.
    I think I was pretty clear about how I feel about having Trump back in office. But, it didn't fit into your misguided rhetoric and so you ignored it. As usual.

You don't know how to have a discussion. All you know how to do is to spew forth totally nonsensical, illogical, toxic comments all of which fit your twisted purpose.

You are living the life of a lemming. Biden is on the brink of getting us killed pal. And, for what?? The BS that you think represents reality???
    Last edited by 724Seney; March 28th, 2022 at 07:46 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (March 28th, 2022)

Thanks

YES

I was foolish to let you pull me into what you described as a "discussion" Chuck.
    I think I was pretty clear about how I feel about having Trump back in office. But, it didn't fit into your misguided rhetoric and so you ignored it. As usual.

You don't know how to have a discussion. All you know how to do is to spew forth totally nonsensical, illogical, toxic comments all of which fit your twisted purpose.

You are living the life of a lemming. Biden is on the brink of getting us killed pal. And, for what?? The BS that you think represents reality???
    It sounds like you want your country back, but you haven't come to know what that means, or what it would look like. I mean,you haven't provided one thing, except Trump back in office, for which you would like to see?

Biden is doing nothing George Bush and Ronald Reagan didn't do. Neither of these praised Russian or other autocrats. Neither claimed to be best friends or exchanging love letters with a dictator. I agree with Hanson that Trump did it to himself.

Thanks

YES

It sounds like you want your country back, but you haven't come to know what that means, or what it would look like. I mean,you haven't provided one thing, except Trump back in office, for which you would like to see?

Biden is doing nothing George Bush and Ronald Reagan didn't do. Neither of these praised Russian or other autocrats. Neither claimed to be best friends or exchanging love letters with a dictator. I agree with Hanson that Trump did it to himself.
    How can anyone possibly be so stupid?
    Or so impossibly prejudiced.

I know as a Drug Rep you are trained to only say & believe what corporate tells you to say & believe. Your livelihood depends upon your willingness to live in a lie. But I am not a doctor not is this a visit to the doctor's office. I am not interested in your stale donuts and I am most certainly not interested in buying what you are trying to sell.

Good gosh man, you are not even willing to read what I have written; you mind has already been made up as to what you are going to say!! (Why am I surprised, this is right out of Drug Rep training 101)
    Please show me where I have said I want Trump back in office.

Thanks

YES

I know as a Drug Rep you are trained to only say & believe what corporate tells you to say & believe. Your livelihood depends upon your willingness to live in a lie. But I am not a doctor not is this a visit to the doctor's office. I am not interested in your stale donuts and I am most certainly not interested in buying what you are trying to sell.

Good gosh man, you are not even willing to read what I have written; you mind has already been made up as to what you are going to say!! (Why am I surprised, this is right out of Drug Rep training 101)
    You wrote, "WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK BACK VERY FAR CHUCK, THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS, MYSELF INCLUDED, CURRENTLY BELIEVE WE WERE MUCH BETTER OFF BEFORE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT"

"IF THE ELECTION WERE TODAY EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP WOULD VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN AND A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF INDEPENDENTS WHO VOTED FOR BIDEN BECAUSE THEY DID NOT LIKE TRUMP'S COMMUNICATION STYLE WOULD SEE THE ERROR IN THEIR WAYS AND VOTE FOR TRUMP. TRUMP WOULD WIN IN A HUGE LANDSLIDE. PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR TRUMP AS THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE IN 2024 I AM ONLY MAKING A STATEMENT OF FACT"

It is clear you want Trump back and that would be" having your country back". If I misunderstood, you can now tell me what era would you like to return.

Thanks

YES

You wrote, "WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK BACK VERY FAR CHUCK, THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS, MYSELF INCLUDED, CURRENTLY BELIEVE WE WERE MUCH BETTER OFF BEFORE BIDEN BECAME PRESIDENT"

"IF THE ELECTION WERE TODAY EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR TRUMP WOULD VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN AND A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF INDEPENDENTS WHO VOTED FOR BIDEN BECAUSE THEY DID NOT LIKE TRUMP'S COMMUNICATION STYLE WOULD SEE THE ERROR IN THEIR WAYS AND VOTE FOR TRUMP. TRUMP WOULD WIN IN A HUGE LANDSLIDE. PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR TRUMP AS THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE IN 2024 I AM ONLY MAKING A STATEMENT OF FACT"

It is clear you want Trump back and that would be" having your country back". If I misunderstood, you can now tell me what era would you like to return.
    At the risk of repeating myself, WHERE do I say I want Trump to be President? In fact, I say that I am NOT advocating for him to be the Republican candidate in 2024.
    Are you dyslexic Chuck? Do you not understand written English?
    Or are you just a bigger moron than I thought?

Thanks

YES

At the risk of repeating myself, WHERE do I say I want Trump to be President? In fact, I say that I am NOT advocating for him to be the Republican candidate in 2024.
    Ask someone else to respond to what you posted and find out what they think you meant.

You’ve not responded to the basic question. You said you wanted your country back, but have yet to say what that means. Do you know what that means for you? What would having your country back look like?

Thanks

YES

Ask someone else to respond to what you posted and find out what they think you meant.

You’ve not responded to the basic question. You said you wanted your country back, but have yet to say what that means. Do you know what that means for you? What would having your country back look like?
    Well, maybe I'm just one of the demanding, needy, high maintenance types but I sure enjoyed having North Korea, China and Russia in their places and not being on the brink of World War III. I guess I also liked paying $1.79 for a gallon of gas and not having inflation at its highest rate in more than a generation. Oh yeah, the lowest rate of unemployment was also nice. And feeling safe in our big cities sure was cool. Being able to afford your rent and heating / cooling bills were also pleasant conveniences. Finally, it was nice having nut job, far left progressives like you having to whine & complain to yourselves and not disrupting the entire national dialogue on a daily basis. In short, I liked it when EVERYONE was better off than they are now.......

But, all this is something which will fall on your deaf, "don't confuse me with the facts" ears. You will persist in saying that none of this is real or, if it is, it has nothing to do with Joe Biden or the progressives who control his every scripted move. As for Biden's bonehead, unscripted gaffes, even the most radical of the far left progressives are not stupid enough to come up with that stuff.

What amazes me is all the people you jerks are advocating for were better off.....not just the people you label as white supremacist, sexist, racist, misogynistic, pig fascists.

But, because Trump was President, in your warped opinion those you advocate for really weren't better off. It's all just Russian misinformation. Somehow you actually manage to believe that in 2022 their having to pay $4.50 per gallon of gas, being unable to afford their housing or their groceries and being scared to death to leave their homes is a better way of life. Lucky them!!

The good people of the United States of America...ALL the good people....... deserve better. And if that does not work for you or fit into your narrative, maybe you should just go live elsewhere. You have no idea how lucky you are Chuck; in most other countries you and your idiotic ideas would be long dead by now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (March 28th, 2022)

Thanks

What I gathered from 724:

if swing voters had know how bad things would become under Biden then they would have never voted for him and Trump would have been re-elected.

and his first choice for the republican candidate in 2024 is not Trump but anyone is better than Biden (well almost anyone…).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    What I gathered from 724:

if swing voters had know how bad things would become under Biden then they would have never voted for him and Trump would have been re-elected.

and his first choice for the republican candidate in 2024 is not Trump but anyone is better than Biden (well almost anyone…).
    Thank you @Bold2013.
    For the record, I didn't ask you to write this......... but you are 100% correct.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Much Ado About Nothing
    Act 3, scene 5

LEONATO Neighbors, you are tedious.

DOGBERRY It pleases your Worship to say so, but we
    are the poor duke’s officers. But truly, for mine
    own part, if I were as tedious as a king, I could find
    in my heart to bestow it all of your Worship.

LEONATO All thy tediousness on me, ah?

Thanks

I’m don’t think voters would have been swayed to stay with Trump for several reasons. His autocratic nature and lessons learned from his niece, people who served in his administration, and investigative reporting all had a common message.

His handlers tried to portray him as “Trump the successful businessman “ which was not true, verifiably not true.

His lying and hyperbolic language only fooled his supporters.

No one, no matter how much you would like, can predict what a second term would have been like. Congress is ruled by the minority party, so naturally this must be considered.

There is no one that worked for his administration that was better off for having worked for him.

However, I don’t fault anyone for supporting him, but I never could. One concern that I had was that if re-elected, there would never have been another election and a system of succession destroyed. Now some of you might want to live in a autocratic state where Trump and his family became like Putin, but not me.

Thanks

Point of order: My family arrived on this continent in 1629 and soon thereafter began stealing land and resources from the original residents, the Wampanoag.

We moved west in 1848 and started stealing land and resources from the Shoshoni, Ute, Paiute, and Goshute people.

Given that history (disreputable as it may be), I'd like to know how the hell this is your country and not mine?
    Last edited by Chip; March 28th, 2022 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks

I’m don’t think voters would have been swayed to stay with Trump for several reasons. His autocratic nature and lessons learned from his niece, people who served in his administration, and investigative reporting all had a common message.

His handlers tried to portray him as “Trump the successful businessman “ which was not true, verifiably not true.

His lying and hyperbolic language only fooled his supporters.

No one, no matter how much you would like, can predict what a second term would have been like. Congress is ruled by the minority party, so naturally this must be considered.

There is no one that worked for his administration that was better off for having worked for him.

However, I don’t fault anyone for supporting him, but I never could. One concern that I had was that if re-elected, there would never have been another election and a system of succession destroyed. Now some of you might want to live in a autocratic state where Trump and his family became like Putin, but not me.
    1. So, Chuck, are you suggesting that Trump's niece is one of those "creditable historians" that you have been referencing?
    2. Once again, we have taken a conversation that began with Biden and the awful national & international states of affairs which have followed his ascension to the Presidency and turned it into a Trump narrative.

With you, every day is like Ground Hog Day.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (March 28th, 2022)

Thanks

With you, every day is like Ground Hog Day.