Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for snipe, snark, and ad hominem grandstanding

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Default Thread for snipe, snark, and ad hominem grandstanding

Since so many threads in this forum are now devolving into ad hominem exchanges between posters, I thought that perhaps a thread dedicated to this pursuit might funnel off the vitriol and let other threads have a better chance of avoiding such levels of toxicity. Here's hoping!

Thanks

Default Re: Thread for snipe, snark, and ad hominem grandstanding

Ad hominem exchanges begin with someone who has run out of ammunition. What is worse is having inaccurate quotes and misinformation. We owe it to the forum to at least be honest with our posts. As Harry Truman noted, people say I give them hell. I don't give them hell; I tell them the truth and they think it's hell.

If someone doesn't like woke or CRT, lets force them to say why? What's wrong with being aware? When did that go out of style?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,318 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Ad hominem exchanges begin with someone who has run out of ammunition. What is worse is having inaccurate quotes and misinformation. We owe it to the forum to at least be honest with our posts. As Harry Truman noted, people say I give them hell. I don't give them hell; I tell them the truth and they think it's hell.

If someone doesn't like woke or CRT, lets force them to say why? What's wrong with being aware? When did that go out of style?
    Precisely the lack of self-awareness I was pointing out earlier, Chuck.

one example: You are the one who resorts to ad hominem. Remember when I was responding to your posts by listing the logical fallacies? Want links?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (February 26th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post

Precisely the lack of self-awareness I was pointing out earlier, Chuck.

one example: You are the one who resorts to ad hominem. Remember when I was responding to your posts by listing the logical fallacies? Want links?
    Spot on @dneal! These two guys live in their own private version of "La La Land!"

Thanks

Actually "la la land" moved. Since you were driving your $80k pickup truck listening to Tucky, you may not have noticed. I know you think your shit don't stink. I wish I could just call you a fucking dumbass, but that wouldn't be nice.

Thanks

Okay, Kaz drives standing up.

That said, the contrast of people, just like us ,taking up arms against Putin, with those here with their panties in a wad over masks and vaccines is too much to dismiss.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; February 26th, 2022 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks

I actually think the libs would pull out a can of whoop ass faster than the neocons. The neocons are chicken hawks or, "we'll send your kids, but not our kids. Consider George Bush's twins. Both are alive and well.

Thanks

I don’t like CRT because it is anti Biblical (which includes Marxism).

Thanks

But the woke trend is already starting to fade. Wonder what the next pagan trend will be…

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    ... Wonder what the next pagan trend will be…
    Maybe something pagan like consuming the body and blood of one's spiritual leader in ritual with chanting and prayer?

Thanks

Therein lies the problem. You don't know bible. You know what you've been taught.

Thanks

Do this in remembrance of Me (we do it cause we are told to by Jesus himself. Note that if you are referring to transubstantiation (communion is actual blood and blood) agreed that it’s not biblical)

TS I don’t think you answered my genuine question in another thread. Do you mind me asking what denomination your father was a minister with?

Thanks

Therein lies the problem. You don't know bible. You know what you've been taught.
    I know enough to realize I can’t pick and chose from it.

Thanks

Okay, know some verses, Bold2013. It seems you know words but lack the import.

Thanks

Do this in remembrance of Me (we do it cause we are told to by Jesus himself. Note that if you are referring to transubstantiation (communion is actual blood and blood) agreed that it’s not biblical)

TS I don’t think you answered my genuine question in another thread. Do you mind me asking what denomination your father was a minister with?
    I know the reference, Bold. I am pointing out the ritual's pagan roots. The eucharist is not the first time in human history that we consumed the material of the bodies of spiritual leaders, even in ritual. Jesus doesn't come up with that idea out of nowhere.

Thanks

That said, the contrast of people, just like us ,taking up arms against Putin, with those here with their panties in a wad over masks and vaccines is too much to dismiss.
    If Trump was still president Putin would have never started this war (and Afghanistan wouldn’t have been captured by extremists).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

724Seney (February 26th, 2022)

Thanks

If Trump was still president Putin would have never started this war (and Afghanistan wouldn’t have been captured by extremists).
    God bless America. Trump was the author of the withdraw. Lets say you and I give a party and I make the preparations. I have to go out of town, and I leave you in charge. Are you going to take the blame if you run out of food? Didn't think so.

If Trump was president, Putin would do the same except the US military would be handing out popcorn on the border.

Thanks

Continuing to sound a bit ad hominem, eh

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

dneal (February 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Continuing to sound a bit ad hominem, eh
    Not at all. I assume you are a decent person. You just seem to struggle with how to support Jesus and Trump simultaneously without looking foolish.

Wasn't you that called the truckers patriots? Would Jesus have done the same. If you think so, support Bibilcally.

You are a bit smug in your scripture posting as if everyone is going to agree with your interpretations.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; February 26th, 2022 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks

Hypothesis contrary to fact.