Thread: Andrew Lensky's email

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 631 Posts

Default Andrew Lensky's email

I'll be posting this elsewhere in this forum, too. It's a brief exchange I had with Andrew on FB. It is me asking him how he can be reached and his reply.

Hi Andrew,
    I'm Lloyd in the forums. There are
    many at FPG that are very concerned about you, support Ukraine, and would get in touch with you if they knew how. What is your email address?
    With deepest respect and support,
    Adam

Hi Adam,
    I remember you. Thank you
    for your support of Ukraine. The
    regular email of my site is not stable
    as well as the work of the site, I'm not sure how long it will work. My public email pm Lloyd, but you must understand, when rockets fly over your house and explosions are heard, I can not always answer. We don't know the future, but we believe in our
    VIctory!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lloyd; March 6th, 2022 at 07:52 PM.
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

Barry Gabay (March 25th, 2022), dneal (March 5th, 2022), DrPenfection (March 12th, 2022), ethernautrix (March 6th, 2022), kia (May 25th, 2022), scrivelry (March 5th, 2022), Yazeh (May 19th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: Andrew Lensky's email

Definitely in our prayers. Some of my ancestors were from Lviv (Lwow) when the country was called Galicia.

This is the pen I have been using to show solidarity, and to remind me to pray each time I use it to write.

Victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Radonactionservices For This Useful Post:

DrPenfection (March 12th, 2022), Lloyd (March 6th, 2022), Yazeh (March 12th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I'll be posting this elsewhere in this forum, too. It's a brief exchange I had with Andrew on FB. It is me asking him how he can be reached and his reply.

Hi Andrew,
    I'm Lloyd in the forums. There are
    many at FPG that are very concerned about you, support Ukraine, and would get in touch with you if they knew how. What is your email address?
    With deepest respect and support,
    Adam

Hi Adam,
    I remember you. Thank you
    for your support of Ukraine. The
    regular email of my site is not stable
    as well as the work of the site, I'm not sure how long it will work. My public email —————, but you must understand, when rockets fly over your house and explosions are heard, I can not always answer. We don't know the future, but we believe in our
    VIctory!

I‘m not sure if it is a good idea posting his email in public.
    He might get also unfriendly mails and a lot of spam this way.

Might be better to remove it from the post and forward the mail only on request by PM from known geeks.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

DrPenfection (March 12th, 2022), Lloyd (March 6th, 2022)

Thanks

Thanks, Ptero

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

DrPenfection (March 12th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 697 Posts

For those who do send him an email, please tell him that many of us at fpgeeks wish him well and are praying for him and the people of Ukraine and all that they are suffering. Many of us are also praying for the people of Russia as well as this is also a hardship on many there.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

mizgeorge (March 12th, 2022), Yazeh (March 12th, 2022)

Thanks

Sadly, I'm not sure he's getting on-line at all. Aside from not responding to me, he hasn't updated his website that he was posting to daily since the 6th. I hope he's getting by.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

baudin (March 13th, 2022), DrPenfection (March 13th, 2022), Yazeh (March 13th, 2022)

Thanks

Did not receive a reply either. I will try from an encrypted proton mail account.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Radonactionservices For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (March 16th, 2022)

Thanks

As of the 14th, he's posting on his website again!
    http://lenskiy.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 249 Posts

Thanks guys, I returned to Kyiv a few days ago. I will try to live on as far as possible! I couldn’t post anything on the site because the administration blocked access from Ukraine, only now I tried to go through VPN. Well, and the first 2 weeks were very scary in Kyiv.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks
    FB: @ArtDesignPenS
    Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS
    Instagram: @andrew.lensky

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (May 17th, 2022), eachan (May 17th, 2022), Jon Szanto (May 18th, 2022), kia (May 25th, 2022), Lloyd (May 17th, 2022), penwash (May 18th, 2022), SlowMovingTarget (May 17th, 2022), TSherbs (May 17th, 2022), welch (May 21st, 2022), Yazeh (May 19th, 2022)

Thanks

Really good to hear from you. You remain in our prayers here. When Ukraine is victorious, I hope that there will be some special fountain pens to mark the event.

Take care!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Radonactionservices For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (May 18th, 2022), welch (May 21st, 2022), Yazeh (May 19th, 2022)

Thanks

As I watch events unfold in Ukraine as a result of Russia's unwarranted aggression, I am often reminded of Winston S. Churchill's motivating first speech after just having become Prime Minister in May 1940:

"We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

Stick it to them, Andrew.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    As I watch events unfold in Ukraine as a result of Russia's unwarranted aggression, I am often reminded of Winston S. Churchill's motivating first speech after just having become Prime Minister in May 1940:

"We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

fed

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver View Post

fed
    Gotta ask.

What does "fed" mean or how does it relate to what was quoted?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Stands on Feet (August 8th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post

fed
    Gotta ask.

It's an accusation (in this case only half tongue-in-cheek) that Ryan O is an agent of a United States intelligence agency.

The intimation is that in the quoted post he's attempting to rally grassroots-level bloodlust in order to manufacture consent for violence on an enormous scale that will ruin and kill millions of individuals and families, while further consolidating power in the hands of those who have put us in the mess we're in already.

This is the wrong forum for such a discussion for sure, but I won't read an omnicidal endorsement of total war without at least flicking a booger at it.

Thanks

fed
    Gotta ask.

It's an accusation (in this case only half tongue-in-cheek) that Ryan O is an agent of a United States intelligence agency.

The intimation is that in the quoted post he's attempting to rally grassroots-level bloodlust in order to manufacture consent for violence on an enormous scale that will ruin and kill millions of individuals and families, while further consolidating power in the hands of those who have put us in the mess we're in already.

This is the wrong forum for such a discussion for sure, but I won't read an omnicidal endorsement of total war without at least flicking a booger at it.
    1) For the record, I am not an agent of any U.S. intelligence agencies.
    2) I am happy to move the discussion to an appropriate thread, though I am not sure where or how to do that.
    3) As the example of Neville Chamberlain should teach us, appeasing authoritarians and dictators does not work. I believe we both agree war is a terrible thing, but there are times when it is forced upon us - as it was Ukraine in this case - and there is but one choice: fight. Ukraine is a sovereign nation state, a member of the United Nations, and in the 21st century, the behavior demonstrated by Russia is unacceptable. The alternative, capitulation, is no choice at all.

Regards,
    Ryan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

fed
    Gotta ask.

Ah. A ? after fed would have made all clear.

Thanks

Ah. A ? after fed would have made all clear.
    Don't you realize that if we don't resist and stop them now, these hungry orcs will soon be coming to your homes. If you want to see with your own eyes what it will be like, come to Bucha, for example, now it is relatively safe, if don't walk to near forest.

3) As the example of Neville Chamberlain should teach us, appeasing authoritarians and dictators does not work.
    Thank you very much for your support, Ryan.
    About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org or watch on social networks

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 9th, 2022), Yazeh (August 10th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Lensky View Post

Don't you realize that if we don't resist and stop them now, these hungry orcs will soon be coming to your homes. If you want to see with your own eyes what it will be like, come to Bucha, for example, now it is relatively safe, if don't walk to near forest.

3) As the example of Neville Chamberlain should teach us, appeasing authoritarians and dictators does not work.
    Thank you very much for your support, Ryan.
    Andrew, my heart breaks for the shattered lives of innocent Ukrainians. My greatest hope is for de-escalation and peace.

Sabre rattling and escalation can only cost more Ukrainian lives, and very possibly all human lives.

it's not 1932. WWII reasoning and rhetoric isn't something we can afford in a nuclear-armed world.

Thanks

I understand this, that's why NATO does not directly participate, but you do not understand that no matter how much this wolf is fed, it will still not become home pet. That nuclear blackmail will never stop, no matter what results we have. Of course, everyone is free to choose their own path.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew_Lensky For This Useful Post:

Deb (August 11th, 2022), manoeuver (August 11th, 2022), Yazeh (August 11th, 2022)