Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: duofold cap band

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power

    Default duofold cap band

    After renovating an aerometric UK duofold I inherited - most things I have found info on.
    One though is alluding me - as to how a cap band is removed ?
    Right now I do not need to - but a I am looking online etc for whats around -
    and swapping a worn band seems a useful thing to do in some cases ?

    Am I right in thinking the lower cap section below the band is threaded into the cap ?
    if so - how tight ? - glued ? etc.
    These are nice pens and I would like to buy in a few more in need of love and care - especially the older button fill types.

    Thanks - new poster - well, old worn out new poster !

    Geoff - Bristol UK

  2. #2
    Senior Member eachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Highlands of Scotland
    Thanked 852 Times in 337 Posts
    Rep Power

    Default Re: duofold cap band

    The cap band is swaged onto the cap. I don't know how you'd get it off and if you want to replace it with another that will also have to be swaged in place. The process requires a lathe. I agree, they're very nice pens.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eachan For This Useful Post:

    bc.hiker (May 31st, 2022), Chrissy (March 20th, 2022), Jon Szanto (March 19th, 2022)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts