Thread: Diamine, Graf Von Faber Castell and Bungubox

Thanks

Default Diamine, Graf Von Faber Castell and Bungubox

I am writing with a sailor sculpture, aurora optima, MB 146 and Dupont. For whatever reason, the Graf von in scarlet red and hazelnut substantially changes the performance of the pens.

The Dupont Line D Derby simply does not like Diamine Chocolate Brown and it likes Bungubox Piano Mahogony and Clown Tears slightly better but it writes on butter with Graf Von FC.

Really interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 697 Posts

Default Re: Diamine, Graf Von Faber Castell and Bungubox

The art and science of fountain pens is not necessarily all the fountain pen. It is the combination of the nib, paper and ink that makes the writing experience either a chore or sheer delight.

For example, I have a wonderful Montblanc 146 that is exquisite with Pilot Iroshizuku inks as long as I write on Tomoe River or Rhodia papers. But if I use the pen/ink combo on any other paper type, the results are mediocre. So, I have some pen/ink combos that I only use for journaling in my Tomoe River journal. And I have some pen/ink combos that I only use on lesser quality papers.

Be sure you try your pen/ink combos on different papers to find the best match.
    Last edited by DrPenfection; April 12th, 2022 at 05:49 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (April 13th, 2022)