Thread: Classifieds access?

Thanks

Default Classifieds access?

Hello!

I’m new here, but have been active at FPN for many years. I have every intention of chiming in here or there, but honestly my main reason for starting with a new forum is I find myself in need of the classifieds.

I don’t sell often, but FPN classifieds are down, I don’t want to post my email address to use PenMarket, I’m not cool with eBay’s new policies and I don’t use social media. So, what options does that leave?

I’ve posted a sale listing here twice and it has vanished both times. Can someone let me know if there is a minimum number of posts or time as a user required to use classifieds? If so, it would seem ineffective given the amount of scammer complaints I’m seeing. It is, however, preventing honest use.

Sorry for the irritated tone; it’s been a long time since I was the new guy!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

Default Re: Classifieds access?

I believe your problem is that you posted your sale listing in the wrong forum: “Other Photos”...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 428 Posts

Welcome to fpgeeks cjabbott. You need to post your For Sale items at this link:

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/8-For-Sale

Be sure to include good photos, especially of the nib both front and underside. It would be especially good to include a photo of "Proof of Life" that has your user name and today's date so buyers won't think you lifted the photos from another site. Be sure to use Paypal as that is the most trusted method of payment, protecting both buyer and seller. This is especially important since you are a new member with no track record here.

You can also mention that you are a long time member over at FPN (member since July 2007) with over 1,600 posts, which shows you aren't a newbie to the pen world.

Good luck with your sales.

All the Best.
    Last edited by junglejim; April 14th, 2022 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks

Well, that’s embarrassing! It still doesn’t explain the first attempt, though. I’ll retry and add nib photos (which I intended to do once I saw it was working.). Thanks!
    Last edited by cjabbott; April 14th, 2022 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

I saw the one posted in Other Photos by mistake when I logged in this morning so it was still there then. It's not like we have any moderators who can move or delete anything (if only!!!) so if you click on your user name and look at your own posts it should still be there.

Click on Forum and scroll down to Classifieds to find the individual forums you might need.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens