Thread: +1 for Richard Binder

bardolator

Default +1 for Richard Binder

I'm relatively new at this, so RB is the only nibmeister with whom I've worked so far.

I started out looking for a Pelikan for myself--I'd planned on getting a delicious Toledo red M205, and wrote with lots of questions. RB answered each one patiently and courteously; I was always afraid I was imposing by writing to him, but by the time I'd read his response I felt he hadn't minded at all.

In the meantime...the red M205 went on backorder. Sadness. I did eventually buy a white/tortoise M400 from eBay, which made me really happy...except that I knew it would be a stock nib.

When I decided to purchase an M215 for my soon-to-be-a-daddy brother, I went right back to Binder's site. I placed the order for an XF nib, and they answered my questions after the fact in a way that reassured me it was the right choice. They even let me add a student smoothing kit to the order before shipping--and still shipped it within a few days (I'd placed the order quickly because I had no idea how long it would take to get here). The pen was tuned, cleaned, and carefully packed, with a lovely blotter and filling instructions. I'm a little jealous: my white tortoise came in a paper sleeve!

I know others will post who have had longer associations, but I'm glad I get to be the first thumbs up for Richard Binder and his team.

Thanks

I haven't gone to Richard for any pens or nibs (yet...) but I have ordered parts and supplies from his store. Service is prompt and courteous. I am, and will continue to be a repeat customer (and hopefully a future nibwork customer).

bardolator

I inked the pen (with Visconti sepia) before handing it off to my brother, and tried it--it was really smooth for an extra-fine! He was thrilled with it, too.

Thanks

Default Re: +1 for Richard Binder

This does not reflect my experience in dealing with this vendor, but I'm glad you had a good transaction.

Thanks

I have a couple of 'Binderized' nibs...including on my PenTrace 2004 LE.
    I wholeheartedly add my endorsement of his work!
    FPGeeks= Nomdeplume
    FPN= mbankirer
    PenTrace= mb

Happy Writing!

Thanks

All my transactions with Richard Binder have been very smooth. If I want a pen and he carries it, he's my first choice.
    Trying to be half the person my dog thinks me to be!