Thread: Hard Rubber Repairs

Thanks

Default Hard Rubber Repairs

I came across a link a couple of days for someone who claims to be able to do repairs to hard rubber(both crack repair and chemical blackening), but for the life of me can't seem to remember his name nor where I read that. I also can't seem to find it in my browsing history.

Does anyone know who I'm thinking of?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Hard Rubber Repairs

I can't honestly say for "repair". There are only a couple of individuals who suggest certain materials can be used to effect said repairs. The most common name for doing the surface/color restoration these days is Mark Hoover, who has been working on a formula of liquids for re-blackening for a number of years. The only other person that I am aware of offering similar products is Syd Saperstein of Pensbury Manor (and late of the re-start of the Wahl-Eversharp brand a few years ago).
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Rick Horne is known for work on older hard rubber pens, so you might might try contacting him. When he dealt with my big Weidlich overlay matchstick-filler that I broke, there was no way a broken hard rubber barrel could be "repaired." His repair involved fabrication of a hard rubber replacement barrel followed by careful reinstallation of the overlay.

If you rediscover this miracle repair of hard rubber, be sure to share.

Thanks

Found it-Rick Horne, the Southern Scribe

https://thesouthernscribe.com/