Thread: Venus to Esterbrook nib conversion chart - is there one?

Thanks

Default Venus to Esterbrook nib conversion chart - is there one?

I seem to remember seeing a chart that listed the exact 2000 series Esterbrook Renew Point nib number that the Venus fine, medium, and broad nibs corresponded to. (That is, the nibs that Venus continued producing after acquiring Esterbrook.) Must I have dreamed it? Or can such a chart be found?

Thanks

Default Re: Venus to Esterbrook nib conversion chart - is there one?

I found what I was looking for. See my source at the end of this post.

It isn't a Venus to Esterbrook conversion as I had remembered. It is an Esterbrook to Esterbrook conversion, translating beetween the later F, M, and B nib sizes and the older, numbered nib sizes. I assume that when the nibs began to be marked "Venus" instead of "Esterbrook" the conversion from F, M, and B to the old, numbered Esterbrook nib sizes remained the same. Any thoughts or opinions on the validity of my assumption?

https://blog.andersonpens.com/changi...re-new-points/

"During Esterbrook’s final years, they simplified the nib lineup to reflect their three most popular nibs, essentially the 2556 Fine, 2668 Medium, and 2968 Broad and removed the numbering scheme altogether, becoming just Fine, Medium, or Broad. These usually have a clear sleeve on them."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niner For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 31st, 2023), welch (January 7th, 2024)

Thanks

Default Re: Venus to Esterbrook nib conversion chart - is there one?

Then again, the nibs produced after Venus took over Esterbrook might not be Esterbrook nibs stamped "Venus" after all. They could simply be Venus nibs. See below.

http://richardspens.com/ref/nibs/renew_point.htm

"[S]ome Venus pens could accept Esterbrook Renew-Point nibs. Venus even packaged its nibs in boxes bearing the words 'Standard Thread.'"