Thread: Affordable Vintage Waterman with Semi-Flex 18k Nib

Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 588 Posts

Default Affordable Vintage Waterman with Semi-Flex 18k Nib

SUBSTANTIAL PRICE REDUCTION!

For your consideration: one French Waterman Ligne 60 Fountain Pen from the 1960s. It has an 18 karat gold semi-flex nib, and is an excellent writer. Was asking $70; NEW PRICE is $55. (The converter alone cost me over $20.) Please make payment by PayPal. Shipping within the US by First Class Mail, including insurance, is $7.50, which is roughly at cost. International shipping and insurance would be exactly at cost.

Here’s a writing sample on Rhodia dot paper, in MB Toffee Brown ink.

1a - writing sample.jpg

I bought this pen maybe three years ago on eBay. The seller, in France, listed it as a Ligne 60. Since then I’ve seen listings for other Ligne 60s that looked similar to this one, and others, from the ‘70s, that had a hooded nib similar to the Parker 51. The converter, which is no longer made, is one I bought NOS shortly after buying the pen. I’m lucky I found it, because they’re hard to find, and they don’t make the type of cartridge this pen takes any longer, either.

2a - nib.jpg 3b - parts of pen w converter.jpg

I’m selling this pen because I’ve since acquired a Mabie Todd Blackbird with full flex, and because I want money to buy more toys with.

4a - capped pen.jpg. 5a - uncapped pen.jpg

The pen is not in pristine condition. It has a few relatively minor scratches on the barrel, and a few small dings on the cap. Nothing ugly, but enough to make it more of a “user grade” pen than a flawless collectible. If it were in near mint condition, I’d be asking over $100 for it. The cap was a little loose, so I lined the inside where it seats (friction fit) with some painter’s tape, and it now fits and posts snugly. I first did that when I got the pen, but now that I’m selling it, I’ve replaced it with fresh tape, although the original tape still held fine. It doesn’t look at all bad — I’ve posted a photo below showing inside the cap, and also one of the cap in all its glory, displaying the Waterman logo. I believe the cap and finial are gold plated (the original seller said they were, and all the listings I’ve seen with similar Ligne 60s say it as well), but they do not show any brassing.

6a - cap with liner.jpg. 7a - cap w logo.jpg
    Last edited by calamus; May 20th, 2022 at 04:56 PM.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Default Re: Affordable Vintage Waterman with Semi-Flex 18k Nib

With 99 hits and no takers, I figured it was time to reduce the price substantially.

Thanks

Default Re: Affordable Vintage Waterman with Semi-Flex 18k Nib

Bump