Thread: Velos Pencil Sharpener

Thanks

Default Velos Pencil Sharpener

Good Morning all,

I'm new here! I have acquired a vintage pencil sharpener, a Velos 3400 (also has The British Crown logo). However, the blades are blunt. I can't seem to find any replacement cutters for these. I can only find ones for new electric type, however the blades are too long. The measurements for the old blades (including the cog) is 33mm. See attached images for what the sharpener looks like. Does anyone know where i can get replacement blades?
    Thank you in advance for any help!

20220523_082923.jpg20220523_083107.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 10,362 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Velos Pencil Sharpener

Google could be your friend here. If you've already tried a search for "buy replacement helical blades for pencil sharpener" then try searching for "restore vintage pencil sharpener" and you will find some Youtube clips for dismantling it and sharpening the helical blades. Might be your only hope.

I don't know where you are in the world but here in the UK I found some by Swordfish that could work
    Last edited by Chrissy; May 23rd, 2022 at 01:55 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

eachan (May 23rd, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Google could be your friend here. If you've already tried a search for "buy replacement helical blades for pencil sharpener" then try searching for "restore vintage pencil sharpener" and you will find some Youtube clips for dismantling it and sharpening the helical blades. Might be your only hope.

I don't know where you are in the world but here in the UK I found some by Swordfish that could work
    thank you for your reply!

I've tried but without the measurements of the ones online i can't go further, I've emailed a few vendors/eBay shops and am awaiting a reply. I couldn't find anything about helical sharpening, just restoring sharpeners

I wasn't sure if the swordfish ones are longer or not, my friend ordered one from amazon which is designed for a paperpro which looked similar, however was too big. I'll email swordfish and see if they'll fit!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,362 Times in 3,977 Posts

I think you might end up having to sharpen the blades on there.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens