Thread: TRIANGLE PEN SHOW 3-5 JUNE

Thanks

Default TRIANGLE PEN SHOW 3-5 JUNE

i HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU IN RALEIGH AT THE TRIANGLE PEN SHOW.

I will be exhibiting a wide range of Sheaffer plunger-fillers, including 1930s Oversize Premiers, the earliest Sheaffer plunger-fillers under the sub-brand "Vacuum-fil", and a variety of Triumph Tuckaways, Valiants, and Statemen. I have an especially interesting bunch of pen and pencil sets in boxes.

See you there!
    Gerry Berg

Thanks

Default Re: TRIANGLE PEN SHOW 3-5 JUNE

I'm looking forward to seeing your display.

Thanks

For those that attended, do you mind sharing how was the show?

Thanks

My wife & I attended the Triangle Pen Show in Raleigh, North Carolina Saturday & Sunday. It's one of the friendliest pen shows anywhere, and one of the few which still has a pen auction, which we didn't attend. Spend Saturday night feasting in a wonderful Nepalese-Tibetan restaurant. At the show, enjoyed catching up with old friends, some of whom were at a show for the first time since Covid. There were repairs by Ron Zorn, lots of vintage from Myk Dangle and others. Bought pen artist Scott B. Jones's newest book of drawings. Now I have all 4 of his books of remarkable pen & ink drawings. Paul Erano had everything anyone could ask for. Though I have long loved all aspects of vintage pens, recently I have enjoyed meeting people who have started their own companies. Had good conversations with some of them, including Rich Paul of River City Pens and Greg Hardy of Hardy Penwrights, among others. Frank Zhang, founder of Narwhal, and I had several very enjoyable conversations. The retailers had lots of great discounts on current and older models. Here are just a few of some of the interesting pens I saw. A custom urushi-covered Montblanc 149, uncommon blue-black Sheaffers from 1930s-40s (can't recall the name of this material), Hirsch Davis' great English Parker Duofolds & Valentines from 1930s-40s, beautiful new pens from River City Pens. Final photo is my newest acquisition: dark blue urushi Sailor King of Pen with new-style nib, a trade with an old friend: 2 of my hard-to-find resin KoPs for this new urushi KoP. Hope the photos attach. Thanks for looking.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barry Gabay For This Useful Post:

da vinci (June 8th, 2022), FredRydr (June 7th, 2022), whorne (June 7th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Very nice addition to your collection, Barry! (I trust you've managed to make room for it.)

Thanks

Thanks Fred, Traded two of my hard-to-find resin KoPs for this single urushi KoP, so am still reducing the size of my collection. Now watch me trade this one for 3 of something else at DC show. Oh well . . .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry Gabay For This Useful Post:

FredRydr (June 7th, 2022)

Thanks

Thanks Barry for the info! Looks like you and your wife had a really good time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whorne For This Useful Post:

Barry Gabay (June 8th, 2022)

Thanks

I would add to Barry's description that the Show had a rather festive atmosphere: old friends meeting after a long separation. A bunch of us, headed by David Rzsesz...(sp?) had a wonderful meal at C&T Wok. As far as pens go, I got my first glance at a Sheaffer Triumph MUSIC nib (thanks again David!), had some interesting chats with the pen-maker Brian Weaver and the restorer, Nick Mastracola. It was good to see Martin Ferguson recovered from illness back in his corner fix-it-all shop, and I learned that Ron Zorn, the ace restorer, was once a radio engineer and now is teaching radio production at a nearby college in NY state. I also acquired at auction an "oversize Sheaffer Vacuum-fil" with a crystal clear center in 10/10 condition, the best I've seen. It's special to me since the pen was part of the collection of the late David Wright who brought me into the PCA when he was president.
    Gerry Berg

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jouesdeveau For This Useful Post:

Barry Gabay (June 8th, 2022), da vinci (June 8th, 2022), whorne (June 8th, 2022)