Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Removal of brass piece in end-cap of Sheaffer Connoisseur?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member Jon Szanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanked 10,563 Times in 3,869 Posts
    Rep Power

    Default Removal of brass piece in end-cap of Sheaffer Connoisseur?

    This is intended for Ron Zorn and/or anyone else who might be able to answer:

    If you look in the back end (inside) of the barrel of a Sheaffer Connoisseur, you can see a small brass piece. I assume this is to add a bit of heft, but also can't tell if it is threaded on or what. I ask because a fellow pen person had discovered that Sheaffer piston converters are too long for this pen but a squeeze converter will fit.

    My question, therefore, is can any modification be done, such as removal of anything at the end of the barrel, that would allow a bit more open length for the use of said piston converter?

    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (June 4th, 2022)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts