Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFK Jr.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

Default RFK Jr.

This guy needs a thread, and I would vote for him.

Why doesn’t the President, who got more votes than anyone in history, want to debate?

Democrats rig their own elections, and it’s built right in. Ask Bernie.
    Last edited by dneal; June 19th, 2023 at 04:47 PM. Reason: cleaned up a double-negative I just noticed.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Default Re: RFK Jr.

Thanks

Interesting clip about the military industrial complex, from his interview with Joe Rogan.

Link to a Twitter post with the clip

For Chuck - I would need to hear more, but currently would make an exception and vote for him as President over any GOP candidate.

Thanks

Bless your heart @dneal.

I’m not an anti vaccine person. I tend to look at risk vs benefit.

This is a white male meritocracy poster child. Why would you trust him?!

Thanks

He's not an anti-vaxxer. From an interview with Science

Q: Rates of childhood infectious diseases have plummeted over the past half- century or so. Are you out to return us to the dark ages?

A: I am for vaccines. I have been tracking mercury in fish for 30 years and nobody has called me antifish. I am pro-vaccine. I had all my kids vaccinated. I think vaccines save lives. But we are also seeing an explosion in neurodevelopmental disorders and we ought to be able to do a cost-benefit analysis and see what's causing them. We ought to have robust, transparent science and an independent regulatory agency. Nobody is trying to get rid of vaccines here. I just want safe vaccines.
    That seems like a perfectly reasonable position. Something has increased the autism rate from 1 in 700 or so to 1 in 36, and he wants to know what. His hypothesis, which he can substantiate, is that mercury, thimerosol (which contains mercury), and aluminum are potential to likely causes. He wants to investigate. He also wants to ban drug advertisements from TV and other public media. If I were a suspicious person, I might think this is why you object - but I would also hope your concern for children would outweigh it.

The fact that his name is Kennedy (like it would be if it were Bush) is usually an immediate disqualifier for me - and in his case particularly because of his uncle Ted. I am a fan of his other uncle (JFK), and his dad to a lesser degree. Still, I try to listen to all relevant voices with an open mind until they prove themselves not worth listening to (through their own words and not the characterizations by pundits).

As far as trust, I don't trust any politician. Some are more obvious in their kleptocracy than others. I'm skeptical, and have been fooled before (i.e.: comments on Kasich and Ryan in another thread); but I've been listening to him and agree with a majority of his positions. I haven't seen the Rogan interview other than clips (mainly a feud between him and some doc named Hotez or something).

At this point, what are our other options? More Biden? More Trump? DeSantis? (I have my doubts about him too). Gavin Newsom? (heaven forbid). I like Vivek's candor, but he's not a real contender. RFK Jr is. The DNC is going to do everything possible to prevent him getting the nomination though.

If you're interested in hearing him in a long form interview, I can suggest some. Please don't base your opinion of him on the mainstream media (left or right). Listen to him directly and come to your own conclusions.

I have never cast a vote for a President, for the reasons we've talked about. Listening to RFK Jr has made me reconsider, but only in his case.
    Last edited by dneal; June 19th, 2023 at 04:51 PM. Reason: fixed quote format

Thanks

Take a read through Naomi Klein's review of RFK Jr's policies. He certainly is an anti-vaxxer, and someone who thinks badly. For a small example, he claims that autism exploded in 1989. She reminds readers that, among many other things, psychiatric groups changed the definition of autism to see it as a spectrum rather than a single thing. An expanded definition leads to more kids being identified as "on the spectrum". But that's just one example of the dishonest way RFK Jr argues. And by waving his arms, he gets attention.

Further, it is impossible to trust what policy he proposes because he shifts all over the place...he is against the US supplying weapons to Ukraine, he says he is running against "big pharma" except now he supports big pharma. He has been an ecology guy for years, but now he says the free market will solve all problems in the natural environment. He has been a Democrat, but it seems he hopes to become Trump's VP candidate.

Details here: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...NpgJFbqdHO7Z-w

Thanks

That’s the characterization by a pundit. In this case, from a “Professor of Climate Justice”.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    That’s the characterization by a pundit. In this case, from a “Professor of Climate Justice”.
    Read it. Don't ignore the detailed criticisms with reference just because she is a left liberal warning left liberals not top be fooled by Kennedy.

Thanks

Read my response to Chuck above. I don't lend credence to pundits, left or right; especially when they lead with hyperbole. The title of the article is: "Beware: we ignore Robert F Kennedy Jr’s candidacy at our peril". That's political narrative and fear-mongering; which makes anything that follows suspect or biased, and not worth my time (other than keeping up with each side's information operations narratives).

Were I to present some hyperbolic op-ed about the danger of Biden from a right-wing journalist, would you accept it? I think you would be correct not to.

It's the type of BS that riles up the kooks, whether they have blue hair or red hats.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

RFK has quite a record of drug usage and busts for weed and heroin. Can't say he didn't inhale.

Maybe he and Hunter Biden should get together and remember good times gone.

Thanks

Probably inadvertent, but at least you're starting to admit the reality of Hunter's crimes. A crack in the echo-chamber, perhaps.

What amazes me is how many of your lefty conspiracies, sold to you via your media, have been proven false. But you still go back to the same "Pulitzer winning" font of blue kook-aide for another gulp.

Isn't it strange that all the left media is now shouting down RFK Jr, with similar messages revolving around "He's a threat to democracy!!!". Seems I've heard that one before. Fuggin' chicken littles.

Thanks

You are losing your ability to speak coherent English.

Too much time in the bubble.

Thanks

You probably read too fast again. Seems to be a common occurrence.

Thanks

Back to the topic, I listened to Bari Weiss interview RFK Jr. today. Worth a listen.

Honestly, with Bari Weiss

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
    Take a read through Naomi Klein's review of RFK Jr's policies. He certainly is an anti-vaxxer, and someone who thinks badly. For a small example, he claims that autism exploded in 1989. She reminds readers that, among many other things, psychiatric groups changed the definition of autism to see it as a spectrum rather than a single thing. An expanded definition leads to more kids being identified as "on the spectrum". But that's just one example of the dishonest way RFK Jr argues. And by waving his arms, he gets attention.

Further, it is impossible to trust what policy he proposes because he shifts all over the place...he is against the US supplying weapons to Ukraine, he says he is running against "big pharma" except now he supports big pharma. He has been an ecology guy for years, but now he says the free market will solve all problems in the natural environment. He has been a Democrat, but it seems he hopes to become Trump's VP candidate.

Details here: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...NpgJFbqdHO7Z-w
    a helpful article, welch

thanks

I particularly like how the analysis moves through the strengths and myths

Thanks

He's done some good work on the environment, but is in other ways pretty damned weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_Jr.

Thanks

Apparently Woke Archie thinks one should make political decisions based on a Wikipedia article.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Looks like some prominent folk think RFK should be Trump's VP.

Kiss of death there, Jocko.

Thanks

RFK Jr has said he has no interest in being Trump's VP.

You would have to listen to him, and not pundits, to know that though.

Thanks

Listen to him on YouTube? Or some other unfiltered source?

At least Wikipedia is peer-edited.