Thread: Looking to Sell my Father's Pen Collection

Thanks

Default Looking to Sell my Father's Pen Collection

Hi

Hope you are well. My late father had an extensive pen collection - and I was told there are a number of pen experts that might be interested on this forum. I post all the pictures - happy to answer any additional questions.

Hope you’re well. I’m looking to sell my late father’s pin collection. Enclosing a few prns to see if you have any interest
    Monte Blanc

parker

Sheaffer

Pilot
    Flair

Various

IMG_5208.HEIC.jpgIMG_5209.HEIC.jpgIMG_5210.HEIC.jpgIMG_5211.HEIC.jpgIMG_5212.HEIC.jpg

Thanks

Default Re: Looking to Sell my Father's Pen Collection

Wait, are you selling your father's pens, pins, or prns? I couldn't quite tell.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

This is not the right forum to sell your father's pens. It's a general discussion forum.
    You need to go to the Classified - For Sale forum in order to post a Classified ad to sell items. Please be sure to check out Fred's sticky "How to mark your listing sold" thread before you start.
    Last edited by Chrissy; June 14th, 2022 at 12:49 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Your father seems to have looked after his pens, those Parkers look in good condition, so make sure you wrap each pen up in kitchen towel or keep it in its box so it doesn't acquire any micro scratches.
    You might find it easiest to sell the Parkers together as a lot. Check out ebay for 'sold' listings. The Parkers in the first pic look to me like a 45, 75 tiffany grid, and 51 - check whether your 75 is gold (it will be stamped) or gold plated. I'm not an expert but this should give you a good first lead to finding some representative values.
    DON'T look at buy-it-now prices as people mark up whatever they like on those - usually way too high but occasionally far too low!