Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spencerian writing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 355 Posts

Default Re: Spencerian writing

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Is anyone using the titanium or chromium coated G-nibs? I have to order some for a pen I have. Dip nib and fountain pen are just not the same even if G-nibs are dip nibs. Brause have all stainless models, if some of them were compatible with the g-nibs...
    Arrow, I use G nibs (zebra) in both dippers and FPs, and have found over the course of several years, that a 'stainless' ( well silver anyway) lasts around 6- 8 months in a fountain pen situation before exhibiting corrosion…. This, with iroshizuku inks predominately.

However, I’ve bought a box of the ‘titanium' (gold) ones, and disturbingly they have corroded much quicker !! Again this in a fountain pen.

The ones I use with dippers last considerably longer as I wipe them clean after use.

Again, this could all be dependent on inks, so it’s hard to come up with a definitive answer.

Hope this helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Robalone For This Useful Post:

Prettypenguin (June 24th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    What happens when you run out of sheets? I'm guessing there is a limited quantity in the book, so are they available to order separately?
    There are several websites that allow you to create custom guide sheets, but this one is the most comprehensive I have found. It's called "Build Your Guide Sheet":

<http://lanquach.com/guidesheet/>

The "Templates" drop-down selection allows you to choose from several preset template designs. If you don't see one you want to use, the page allows you to easily create almost any guide sheet you would like & save it as a PDF. Just play with it a bit to find the settings for the type of sheet you want. If the sliders do not give you the numeric value you want for line spacing or slant degree angle, you can also enter the exact number you want. The sample sheet shows your changes almost immediately. Hope you find this useful.
    Last edited by Doggy Daddy; June 24th, 2022 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added information

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doggy Daddy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (June 25th, 2022), Prettypenguin (June 24th, 2022)

Thanks

It is important to know how to make your own Guide lines on your own writing paper to plan your lay out. Guide lines are very important and once you are serious about consistency of your writing arrangements you need guide lines to create it.
    I do it manually.

IMG_0211.jpg
    Last edited by Cyril; March 12th, 2023 at 01:58 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (March 12th, 2023), Yazeh (March 12th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    Beautiful pens and penmanship. Is that last pen the Kakimori?
    @Zoe That pen is Kaweco All-steel pen !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Cyril, Thank you for such lovely writing. I'm in awe of anyone who can produce writing like that from those writing instruments.
    When you get some spare time I would really appreciate it if you might write out an alphabet of lower and upper case letters so that we could all see them.
    @Chrissy . Thank you Chrissy and I'll write out an alphabet of lower and Upper case letters. Sorry I have missed this post for some times . I'll do is when I have a bit time . Thank you for your appreciation...