View Poll Results: Do you visit the main site, FPGeeks.com, and how often?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, at least once per day.

23 42.59%
  • Yes, at least once per week.

15 27.78%
  • Maybe only a few times per month.

6 11.11%
  • I rarely visit the main site.

9 16.67%
  • I never visit the main site.

1 1.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: How many of you visit the main site, FPGeeks.com and how often?

Thanks

Default Re: Poll: How many of you visit the main site, FPGeeks.com and how often?

I voted "rarely visit the main site," although I will scan the headlines at least every other week or so. While the videos are valuable for a lot of folks new to FPs, I'm not so new, and not one to watch, or to listen to whatever because I don't have the time. Unless it's a topic I'm super interested in (like the tweaks for geeks y'all did with Brian Gray). I'm here for a bit of thoughtful pen chat, perhaps atypically as I don't do multiple forums, and don't visit every day as a norm.

P.S. Not sure that cross-posting would make be engage with "main site" items more often. But I wouldn't be annoyed by the cross-posting. You guys do a great, unique service for the pen community, IMHO.
    Last edited by jde; August 20th, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Poll: How many of you visit the main site, FPGeeks.com and how often?

I think cross-posting would be a great idea. I don't get to the blog often, as I tend to land here - but having articles linked in the forum would likely induce me to check out some of the blog posts. I have seen many of them, and enjoyed them.

Ken

Thanks

I'm... not sure about the cross posting! Maybe.

I do know the main site is what first brought me to FPG. The old awesome reviews in particular had the polish of print magazine articles. It look great, it works on my phone, and if something new is happening in the fountain pen world, it's usually the first place I hear about it. If I see there's a new video review up, I know in advance it will probably be well shot and without overlong intros.
    Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flounder For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (August 21st, 2013)

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually type the URL for the main site, scan the headlines, and jump to the forum. I don't like video reviews and only watch them if I'm really interested in the topic. Many of the other things on the main site are far out of my price range anyway.

Thanks

I view the main site weekly at the very least. I look forward to the inkcyclopedia entries. I love the written...especially hand-written reviews, but I find the video reviews, ink or pen...or paper, indispensable.