Thanks

Default Re: Informed

I feel strongly both ways…..lol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Cholesterol levels and heart disease were correlated for decades. The famous Framingham study. The American Heart Association.

Wanna guess what a meta analysis of all the studies recently concluded?

Experts once said trans fats were healthy, and eggs were not. What’s today’s consensus? Want more? Electroshock therapy and lobotomies were treatments for mental disorders.
    Nutritional science is barely a science when it comes to empirical observation based studies... especially when the studies were funded by food companies. Most forms of saturated fat (there's many more than one type) are still seen as likely problems.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    Are you formally educated in nutrition or are you a nutritionist? A biologist? Doctor?

You’re demonstrating my point. You can have an informed opinion without being an “expert”.
    Apparently Doctor’s, with professional experience with Covid, opinions don’t count if they don’t follow the progressive narrative…
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    Apparently Doctor’s, with professional experience with Covid, opinions don’t count if they don’t follow the progressive narrative…
    Are you a fan of Scott Atlas? He advised Trump, and they are responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 656 Posts

Cholesterol levels and heart disease were correlated for decades. The famous Framingham study. The American Heart Association.

Experts once said trans fats were healthy, and eggs were not. What’s today’s consensus? Want more? Electroshock therapy and lobotomies were treatments for mental disorders.
    Nutritional science is barely a science when it comes to empirical observation based studies... especially when the studies were funded by food companies. Most forms of saturated fat (there's many more than one type) are still seen as likely problems.

Are you formally educated in nutrition or are you a nutritionist? A biologist? Doctor?

You’re demonstrating my point. You can have an informed opinion without being an “expert”.
    Define professional experience with COVID, please. Even Trump endorsed Fauci and Birx... until he didn't like their COVID statements' potential negative impact on Trump's fandom.

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Being informed is a journey. Those who mistake it for a destination are the ones who make discussions so difficult.

She blurted. Could be wrong. Ya know.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

dneal (June 28th, 2022), Lloyd (June 28th, 2022), TFarnon (July 21st, 2022)

Thanks

Define professional experience with COVID, please. Even Trump endorsed Fauci and Birx... until he didn't like their COVID statements' potential negative impact on Trump's fandom.

I work in a large quaternary care hospital. I am mostly involved in diagnosis (expected/incidental/screening), monitoring for acute complications (bleeds, clots, secondary infections), evaluations after the initial disease course (destroyed lungs, ‘long Covid’ brain scans), and even perform the rare procedure on these patients.

I have seen each wave firsthand (and before the TV/local health department). I have seen the differences between the variants.

I have been to international conferences and heard others physicians experiences through lectures.
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bold2013 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (June 28th, 2022)

Thanks

i

It’s was always referred to as an evidenced based narrative when I discussed matters of treatment with medical professionals. I guess times have changed.

Thanks

Michael T. Osterholm helped me early on understand the nature of the virus and why is it referred to as an aerosolized virus. Masking and distance made sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

I work in a large quaternary care hospital. I am mostly involved in diagnosis (expected/incidental/screening), monitoring for acute complications (bleeds, clots, secondary infections), evaluations after the initial disease course (destroyed lungs, ‘long Covid’ brain scans), and even perform the rare procedure on these patients.

I have seen each wave firsthand (and before the TV/local health department). I have seen the differences between the variants.

I have been to international conferences and heard others physicians experiences through lectures.
    So– do you wear a surgical mask when treating potentially infectious conditions? Have you been vaccinated against common diseases?

Do you wash your hands before treating a patient?

Or just pray?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (June 28th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

So– do you wear a surgical mask when treating potentially infectious conditions? Have you been vaccinated against common diseases?

Or just pray?
    He has no choice and I suspect employees are expected to have received all available vaccines and have titer levels checked on childhood vaccines. Infectious control in hospitals is serious business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

Or just pray?
    He has no choice and I suspect employees are expected to have received all available vaccines and have titer levels checked on childhood vaccines. Infectious control in hospitals is serious business.
    Infectious disease control may be serious business in hospitals, but it's far from serious enough. It varies widely from hospital to hospital. One of my colleagues would never have known he had COVID if the other hospital where he works (it's a thing in my field--there simply aren't enough of us to go around and the pay is good) didn't test daily. And now we suspect that a different coworker is down (symptomatic) with the latest COVID variant. No word yet. But back to infectious disease: hand sanitation still isn't what it should be at any of the local hospitals or other health care facilities. There are entirely too many dicknoses running around even in my workplace. We don't have enough biosafety cabinets. Aerosol prevention isn't even available for most of our centrifuges.

None of that is to say that masking, hand hygiene and vaccination aren't all good and prudent things to do.
    Last edited by TFarnon; July 21st, 2022 at 05:11 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TFarnon For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 21st, 2022)