Thanks

Default Re: The Rise of the Political Christian

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill
    There is much ignorance of scripture. What I mean is, many rely upon someone to tell them what it means than developing the tools and skills for self study. We are advantaged in having study tools online that required finding books when I was first a student of the texts.
    The same is the case for constitutional law and politics in general. Having the study tools online is of little worth when one refuses to avail oneself of them.

Here is one place you could start, although if you would like something more specific, THIS is a good one.
    The topic is not constitutional law. Please stop posting off topic comments.
    Really? Why do you mention "politics" (and variations of) and "Supreme Court" in the OP?
    I respect your Ukrainian thread. Show the same respect.
    Dear god you really do live in an alternate universe.
    Please go away! You’ve got the attention you crave.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

I put 'god' in the reply, just to stay on topic. What's the problem?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

I put 'god' in the reply, just to stay on topic. What's the problem?
    Nothing, but I do enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself. As always...LOL!! Catch you tomorrow.

Thanks

Back on the political part of the topic...

Would I be correct in thinking that,if quoted accurately, you would say the following quote to be inappropriate for a politician?
    "We're going to keep praising together. I am confident we can create a Kingdom right here on earth."

Thanks

Let's establish a working definition of a king politically. The KOG is where God reigns, rules, and gets his way. The Greek word basileia is not a geographical area, but the activity of the king and involves his sovereign power. When Jesus speaks of the KOG it is related to his power over human bondage. If we experience this in our own lives, we can experience in some way the KOG.

Even serious believers can go down the wrong path. It is why the Holy Spirit is said to have been gifted and even then, we can get it wrong. Plus, simply following the HS can cause suffering and great loss. The disciple considers the cost and proceeds. The believer is no push over just as Jesus was no push over. Speaking the truth in love is be followed but is very difficult to pull off.

In The Shack, Mack asks Jesus if he was saying that all roads lead to him. I am probably misquoting, but if I am correct, he responded that most roads don't lead anywhere, but that he would use any path to reach the seeker. This goes against what many church people would consider, but in a kingdom, God is not bound to someone's interpretation or beliefs.

By clinging to a book, some think that God is forced to rule and reign only as the scriptures allow. In one Shack seen Mack asks Papa, the God the Father character, if they had to pray. Papa responded that he doesn't have to do anything, that he actions come from his character and purpose. Some think God needs us to pray and to praise when in fact, prayer and praise, is for our benefit just as the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

If I am correct, the KOG is a radical and profoundly glorious environment for which Earthy examples would never contain it. Even among the faithful, the concept of the true KOG is beyond our ability to understand.

Of course none of this might be true. I couldn't prove it to anyone, but in our private thoughts if we sense there is more, we will pursue it. Perhaps the cry of the heart is, there has to be more!

Thanks

CN-
    Was this a response to #224?
    If so, is it a Yes or a No?
    If not, carry on.

Thanks

Kaz-
    I am responding to the concept of the Kingdom of God and to no one. Cheers!! As I said a few weeks back, I am no longer arguing. I simply express my opinions and move forward.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; November 4th, 2022 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks

Good to know: carry on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Back on the political part of the topic...

Would I be correct in thinking that,if quoted accurately, you would say the following quote to be inappropriate for a politician?
    "We're going to keep praising together. I am confident we can create a Kingdom right here on earth."
    Part of an occasional effort to demonstrate bi-partisan participation.
    https://tinyurl.com/3uzbrree

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

On Herschel Walker and evangelical support (Instagram snark involved):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj825...d=YmRhOGE0MWQ=

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    On Herschel Walker and evangelical support (Instagram snark involved):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj825...d=YmRhOGE0MWQ=
    And I would have to ask, why would the Lord want Mr. Walker to win? Not saying that I know the mind of God, but just curious.

Is God a Republican? Is he/she an independent? Is he/she an American?

The Times ran a piece about the myths of Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims didn't come here for religious freedom. It was the lure of wealth and to establish a theocracy. As Paul Harvey used to say, "and now you know the rest of the story".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

I believe that the GOP (and thus the majority of evangelical Christians) see in Walker three things of powerful importance:

1) he is not a Democrat

2) he will oppose easy abortion access and not challenge restrictive abortion legislation from the legislature

3) he will be amenable, open, and even dependent upon the counsel of smarter and wiser politicians in his party

The rest, like character quality or education or wisdom or intuitive intelligence, are way down the list.

Thanks

I have a new bumper sticker based on the Gadsden Flag which read, "Relax, no one is treading on you". It seems we are dumbing down everything.

Thanks

These people have taken over Christianity with a false message.
    "It will not be so easy for the government to team up with smaller fringe sites like Gab, a hub for white supremacists and online conspiracy theories whose founder, Andrew Torba, argues that “unapologetic Christian Nationalism is what will save the United States of America.” The site, which gained millions of new users after the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the Capitol, is rife with posts promoting unproven Covid-19 remedies, including ivermectin. It also has displayed ads offering ivermectin for sale.

In an email to The New York Times, Mr. Torba said Gab was “not in a position, as a neutral platform provider, to ‘fact-check’ our users or assess the truth or falsity of any information posted to the site.” He also criticized The Times and ended his message with an instruction: “Please repent and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/22/u...ation-gab.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    ... the majority of evangelical Christians...
    I'm interested to know what you mean by the term "evangelical Christians."
    The adjective "evangelical" and the noun "Evangelical" have different meanings among Christians, depending on who you have a conversation with.
    There doesn't seem to be a single definition in either religious or political circles, with meanings tending to breakdown between those groups.

Thanks

These people have taken over Christianity with a false message.
    2000+ years. No one has taken over Christianity.

Thanks

Did Jesus ever say to make him your personal savior, Kaz? It’s a yes or no answer.

Thanks

Chuck-
    I'm not aware of Jesus using the words "personal savior." If you have a Bible reference you'd like me to look at I'm happy to do so.

Jesus did say “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also....
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:2-3,6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Chuck-
    I'm not aware of Jesus using the words "personal savior." If you have a Bible reference you'd like me to look at I'm happy to do so.

Jesus did say “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also....
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:2-3,6
    Has nothing to do with “personal savior” Kaz. What Jesus did say was to make disciples. Have you done a word study of the Greek word translation of disciple?

Thanks

These last questions are unrelated to my statement that, in 2,000 years, no one has taken over Christianity. I'll pause here and wait for a return to the Topic.