Thread: My first fountain pen disappointment: Lamy Safari LINE friends "Sally"

Thanks

Default My first fountain pen disappointment: Lamy Safari LINE friends "Sally"

Yeah, it's cute and all, and it's a cheery yellow, but it just looks so plastic! Given the usual price range for Lamy Safaris, I shouldn't really be surprised. I paid a premium for the scarcity/limited edition factor on this pen. It's the first time I don't think that the premium is 100% justified. I understand it, but I still don't think it's justified. Ah, well...lesson learned. The Sailor x LINE friends "Sally" is about triple the price, and it's a much nicer pen. Again, not surprising.

None of that diminishes my appreciation for other Lamy products--my vintage Ratio, my Dialog cc and my Dialog 3, my burlwood Accent, my Imporium and the other assorted intermediate price pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 1,698 Posts

Default Re: My first fountain pen disappointment: Lamy Safari LINE friends "Sally"

Oddly enough, my first Lamy Safari was a dud, and this was way before innerwebz or learning about simple repairs. It was scratchy and stingy, a very simple repair for me now. But I ended up giving it away, and then buying a similar one back decades later.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Default Re: My first fountain pen disappointment: Lamy Safari LINE friends "Sally"

The Lamy Safari with the special Line additions Sally has a special yellow or it is the same colour as the permanent catalogue pen?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,003 Times in 2,190 Posts

For me the nib is a paramount, if it's the same nib, I don't see the point of paying a premium price for a different/ color body...

Thanks

It's a different yellow—sort of pastel.