Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again: losers claiming fraud...

Thanks

Default Re: Here we go again: losers claiming fraud...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    The same?

Seriously?

When did Hilary Clinton call up state officials and command them to come up with more votes, or provoke her followers to launch an attack on Congress?

Are you still able to recall what happened, as opposed to spouting FOX News rubbish?
    Another anemic attempt to divert a misdirected fool's errand. The only thing accurate about this thread is it's original title which speaks of "losers." With your arrival, the clown car has now fully checked in..........

Whereas the whole mess have been a cluster-f**k since it first occurred in 2016, the issue your pals chose to bring up in this thread is not complicated at all. Hillary repeatedly claimed that the election was stolen from her. It is well documented; those video accounts have never been contested by either Hillary or the DNC as "fake news."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

We know she said it, Seney. She still says some sour bullshit. If your point is that Trump wasn't the only one to cry foul, well of course not.

But if your point is that the two cases are similar, well ...No. False equivalency.

We have plenty of continuing politicians and so-called "leaders" whining about losing, but nothing rises to the level (or sinks to the sludge) of Trump and his allies. I mean that one woman who only got 3% of the vote demanded a recount!

BTW, I am no HRC fan. I am not going to be baited into defending her, specifically.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

Ted is correct. Not the same, Seny. I call this a prime example of "what-about-this". It sounds like a reasonable retort but does not address the topic.

She spells Hillary with two L's, Chip.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    We know she said it, Seney. She still says some sour bullshit. If your point is that Trump wasn't the only one to cry foul, well of course not.

But if your point is that the two cases are similar, well ...No. False equivalency.

We have plenty of continuing politicians and so-called "leaders" whining about losing, but nothing rises to the level (or sinks to the sludge) of Trump and his allies. I mean that one woman who only got 3% of the vote demanded a recount!

BTW, I am no HRC fan. I am not going to be baited into defending her, specifically.

Finally. Thank you.
    Please read every word I wrote. I never equated the two. Hillary is in a class all her own.

My one and only point was, and remains, that the whining and complaining that you attributed to the Republicans is not just a Republican thing. In fact, many look upon Hillary as the first modern day politician to start the practice of whining and complaining that she was cheated and the election was stolen. Maybe she was and maybe she wasn't...but she sure made a lot of noise.

So now, let's all just sit tight and wait for November. The Democrats are going to get beaten very badly. I predict they will set a new standard for this disgusting practice.
    I'll look forward to seeing if you reactivate this thread about "losers claiming fraud" when the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Never won.
    Trump won the election in 2016. Not sure what you mean. The popular national vote?

Yes, popular vote, sorry for being unclear.

Thanks

Doesn't matter who whines about voter fraud to me. I voted for Clinton and Biden instead of not voting, voting for a non-viable candidate, or writing someone's name on the ballot. I consider myself an independent, so not affiliated. What happens in November will have consequences for the direction of the country. Hopefully, Americans will put their loyalties behind doing what is best for the nation rather than party affiliations.

Given the January 6th hearings, if you are paying attention, anyone who ever supported Donald Trump must be having second thoughts right now. The last thing we need or want is a king. And he should be banned for life from holding public office.

Thanks

Doesn't matter who whines about voter fraud to me. I voted for Clinton and Biden instead of not voting, voting for a non-viable candidate, or writing someone's name on the ballot. I consider myself an independent, so not affiliated. What happens in November will have consequences for the direction of the country. Hopefully, Americans will put their loyalties behind doing what is best for the nation rather than party affiliations.

Given the January 6th hearings, if you are paying attention, anyone who ever supported Donald Trump must be having second thoughts right now. The last thing we need or want is a king. And he should be banned for life from holding public office.
    To be clear, I very much hope Trump does not run.

That said, I think these hearings you seem to believe are so wonderful are nothing but a joke. Pure partisan, fully scripted theatre. But that's fine, let them fritter away their time (and the taxpayer's money) while the Country is tanking. Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    ... Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.
    Whoever wins in November has a tough challenge: make an economic difference and stop fucking with modern cultural change.

Or get voted out again.

Thanks

... Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.
    Whoever wins in November has a tough challenge: make an economic difference and stop fucking with modern cultural change.

Or get voted out again.

Works for me.
    IMO "stop fucking with modern cultural change" would be a breath of fresh air.
    Right now "modern cultural change" is being jammed down our throats.

Thanks

To be clear, I very much hope Trump does not run.

That said, I think these hearings you seem to believe are so wonderful are nothing but a joke. Pure partisan, fully scripted theatre. But that's fine, let them fritter away their time (and the taxpayer's money) while the Country is tanking. Come November they'll all be gone and we can begin the very difficult work of getting our Country back on track.
    The hearings are an opportunity to discover the perspective and experiences from those involved on the record and under oath. It is a fine use of my tax dollars. Back on track is code for some for a yearning for the 1920's. As my grandfather used to say, the good old days weren't that good. Anyone knowing American history, the true history would understand that we have it better now than before. I am pretty certain I would not want to be on that track, nor would the majority of Americans.

Thanks

The hearings are an opportunity to discover the perspective and experiences from those involved on the record and under oath. It is a fine use of my tax dollars. Back on track is code for some for a yearning for the 1920's. As my grandfather used to say, the good old days weren't that good. Anyone knowing American history, the true history would understand that we have it better now than before. I am pretty certain I would not want to be on that track, nor would the majority of Americans.
    Well, come November we'll find out........
    See you then!!

Thanks

See you then!!
    Don't read too much from mid-term results. You do know what usually, happens, right? It's like my home state. We are almost split 50-50, and we constantly swing back and forth between leadership by each party. We even pass and rescind citizen referendums on the same topic from time to time. Unhappiness drives the voting (mostly) and the campaigning, and each party takes its turn being the whipped dog.

Obama got destroyed in his second-term mid-terms, and Trump beat HRC for the presidency. Yet here we are, after just one term, with another Democratic House and president. What goes around, comes around.

Thanks

The key to me is to have a better primary season result, for both parties. God, I hate how the primaries tend to work. Gross business.

At least Maine has gone to ranked-choice voting. No more of this bullshit of <50% victories.
    Last edited by TSherbs; July 19th, 2022 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks

See you then!!
    Don't read too much from mid-term results. You do know what usually, happens, right? It's like my home state. We are almost split 50-50, and we constantly swing back and forth between leadership by each party. We even pass and rescind citizen referendums on the same topic from time to time. Unhappiness drives the voting (mostly) and the campaigning, and each party takes its turn being the whipped dog.

Obama got destroyed in his second-term mid-terms, and Trump beat HRC for the presidency. Yet here we are, after just one term, with another Democratic House and president. What goes around, comes around.
    I agree completely.
    But, we HAVE to find someone who can lift us out of this toxic morass.
    Neither Biden nor Trump can do it. Nor Harris nor Pence. And, for sure not, Hillary!!!
    We need a total change. The past 14 years have been a total disaster.
    IMO, it will take a well qualified and respected moderate. I'd love to see a ticket with a moderate Republican and Democrat on it. I really do not care which one has the top spot as long as they are both on the same page.

Thanks

A mixed ticket? What you been smoking?

GOP moderates have retired in droves. The Dems elected one (Biden), but he is half in a grave. Not sure what's left. Wreckage and extremism and an unwillingness to compromise. The turn of the SC has now made Dems even angrier, more determined to fight to the end. Mitch McConnell wrecked that for good. Gloves are now off, and staying off. Thomas made it on the court, at least. Garland was simply denied his spot by one man (and the support of his party). Even Kavanaugh made it on. But not Garland, didn't even get a hearing. Boom. Done. Trump gets three picks in 4 years, court lurches rightward, Dems are now all in on dirty ball.

I dare Trump to run. The ads will broadcast the dirtiest shit ever, relentlessly, even more than in 2019. He'll lose more suburban women over Roe (worry over their daughters)...etc, etc.

I don't know what will fix it.

Thanks

I would like for someone who thinks we need to get back on track to give their perspective of what era they felt we were on the right path. What is the right track? I’m not holding my breath for one. So, take your time.

Thanks

A true moderate will win the next presidential election.

TS to be fair many people don’t see Biden as moderate (unless you compare him to the likes of AOC).
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Thanks

I would like for someone who thinks we need to get back on track to give their perspective of what era they felt we were on the right path. What is the right track? I’m not holding my breath for one. So, take your time.
    The Webb telescope is showing us a beautiful time 13.5 billion years ago. I'm mesmerized. There's no Earth at that point, of course. No humans. Misanthropic golden age!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bold2013 View Post
    A true moderate will win the next presidential election.

TS to be fair many people don’t see Biden as moderate (unless you compare him to the likes of AOC).
    Do you remember the Democratic primary field? AOC wasn't in the race.

Thanks

The idea of making America great again is to suggest it was at some point. America is great because over time, more people besides white males have a chance.

For me, if two men or women want to get married, good for them. It doesn’t mean I have to understand or give my seal of approval. It’s their lives.

If a trans person wants to be called by a particular word, it’s okay with me.

If we treat each other as we would prefer to be treated, how can that be wrong.

As I see it, there is an increasingly minority who thinks they know more and better about how others should live their lives.

One huge problem is social media and the proliferation of the broadcasting of inaccurate and inappropriate information.

20 percent of the population should not rule 80 percent.

Just love others as you love yourself.