Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again: losers claiming fraud...

Thanks

Default Re: Here we go again: losers claiming fraud...

I think January 6 and the subsequent information about Trump's actions surprised his supporters. Today Biden said a recession is not on the horizon. So, I am comparing both actions from the President. What is the level of damage that an authoritarian ruler has vs a person who is at odds with what most bankers and economists are saying is looming? Neither is preferred. Biden needs to encourage while being connected to the real threat of what is likely to occur, but we don't need a person whose biggest concern is himself.

When I see the poverty that stems from centuries of lack, and the power and wealth that comes from centuries of being allowed to succeed, I see a ticking time bomb. When I read what some black people say is their lives, I often ask why they fail to show for court dates, don't license their vehicles, or pay speeding tickets. What am I missing? I think I do not fully appreciate what it means to have no safety net. To have no family wealth, and to not have had the advantage of a quality education. Even Jesus recognized that the poor will always exist, but he was not ignorant of their vulnerably. What this means to me is I have to support a candidate who is not only focused on businesses and the wealthy. She may be a welfare mom, but she is important. Let's never forget that as we look for another Reagan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    ... Let's never forget that as we look for another Reagan.
    I hope that you don't mean that you believe in trickle-down economic theory or consulting astrologers for policy advice.
    Last edited by TSherbs; July 27th, 2022 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    I hope that you don't mean that you believe in trickle-down economic theory or consulting astrologers for policy advice.
    I agree, but Republicans think his excrement didn’t smell.

Thanks

I agree, but Republicans think his excrement didn’t smell.
    And who are you to say they are right or wrong? What if they say Biden's excrement does not smell? Are they right or wrong?

The fact is, your bleeding hearts aside, no group is better as a result of Biden's Presidency.
    In fact if you compare any group you wish, regardless of advantaged or disadvantaged status, they are worse off now than they were during Trump's time in Office. Except for maybe the professional freeloaders who are having an easier time living off of the backs of all the decent, hard working Americans from all races, religions, gender preference, etc., etc.

Biden & his progressive, hypocritical cronies have put this Country so deep into a sh*t hole there may be no getting out for a long, long time.

Now, I know you are all going to be "Little Joes." You will disagree and blame everybody but Biden for the current mess we are in........ but the fact is the majority of American don't buy it. You like the concept of "majority rules." Well, my man, just you wait for November.

So, to your point, go ask all these people you pine for if they are happier, more secure or less worried now. Their response will likely be to tell you YOUR excrement smells!!

Thanks

I thought you said that you were trying to hold back?

No one has been touting Biden here. All I said was that Trump is so bad that I'll pick Biden over him.

I pointed out the false promise of trickle down economics. And the astrology stuff, which was bonkers. Reagan was no genius. That's not a statement in favor of what is going on today (it's not a comment on today at all...except that Chuck suggested that people have wanted another Reagan figure)

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks

No one has been touting Biden here. All I said was that Trump is so bad that I'll pick Biden over him.

I pointed out the false promise of trickle down economics. And the astrology stuff, which was bonkers. Reagan was no genius. That's not a statement in favor of what is going on today (it's not a comment on today at all...except that Chuck suggested that people have wanted another Reagan figure)

I agree (for the most part), I was not reacting to your comment(s). Sorry if that was not clear.

What I do not agree with is who you would pick given a Trump vs Biden choice. That's no surprise to either of us but I want to reiterate what I have said repeatedly...... I am not a Trump person and I very much hope he will not run.

But, if it is Trump vs. Biden (perish the thought) I would vote for Trump. Yes, I think Biden is that bad and that dangerous.

Thanks

I thought Ann Cox Richardson was touting Biden’s accomplishments or plans yesterday. Since you said you read, I’m assuming you noticed. While he’s getting much criticism, he’s also getting little credit.

Trumpians will often say the same, that he didn’t get due credit although he gave himself credit for much that he had little or no ability to sway like the stock market. The tax deal was a nothing burger. His dismantling of the ACA didn’t help anyone .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

I agree (for the most part), I was not reacting to your comment(s). Sorry if that was not clear.

What I do not agree with is who you would pick given a Trump vs Biden choice. That's no surprise to either of us but I want to reiterate what I have said repeatedly...... I am not a Trump person and I very much hope he will not run.

But, if it is Trump vs. Biden (perish the thought) I would vote for Trump. Yes, I think Biden is that bad and that dangerous.
    That's what I figured. I don't argue with people about their votes. I consider that a private choice of conscience. I assume that few people would change their votes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Not arguing nor does it matter, but the mental gymnastics required to support Trump is an interesting psychology.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Not arguing nor does it matter, but the mental gymnastics required to support Trump is an interesting psychology.
    Likewise, the mental gymnastics required to support Biden is an interesting psychology.

Like you, I want a better life for those who have been denied one for so many generations.
    You cannot get there overnight. It takes time.
    In my opinion, (and I am not alone, except, perhaps here) they were closer to it during the Trump years than they are now. They have lost a lot of ground.
    And, they know it.........they will be a large part of the "majority rule" in November.

It will be interesting to see how you manage that.......I suppose you will tell them they are wrong? You will maintain you know better than they do about what's good for them?
    Last edited by 724Seney; July 27th, 2022 at 10:57 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

dneal (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks

All of us hope that the middle and lower classes could have their share of the pie improve.

At least I do.

I don't care who gets that to happen. Currently, for a few decades now, the opposite has been happening. Regardless of the administration. Clinton was the last one under whom sustained broad growth occurred. But even that was an anomaly over the last 50 years.

Thanks

David Brooks recently discussed how we can see 2022 with a 1980's perspective. For example, Reagan or Clinton may have been exactly the right choice for their era.

What we do not need is someone like Pence who is making a big deal about being "woke". That serves to inflame the same people who supported Trump. Better would be a candidate who actually took some time to appreciate cultural differences, histories, and experiences so that the former Trump supporters could find a way to understand that it does not necessarily threaten them. Or it is not a way the Eastern Elites are trying to take something away from Middle America. We need a bridge, and it does not need to be burned.

Perhaps Pence only wants former Trump supporters.

Thanks

We know Pench has no backbone.
    He did stand up to Trump re January 6. That counts for something. But no, I would not vote for him. He is a religious zealot and is very conservative around trying to impress religious rules and expectations on others.

Thanks

He did stand up to Trump re January 6. That counts for something. But no, I would not vote for him. He is a religious zealot and is very conservative around trying to impress religious rules and expectations on others.
    Build Back. Better (Than Biden)

But is not a very good choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

You might enjoy Noah Rothman's "The Rise of the New Puritans" then. Similar theme.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Did you read it, @dneal?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

Read? Is there a version on YouTube?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Read? Is there a version on YouTube?
    I had read something about the book on the NYT's. The author is a conservative writer and suggests the left has a "war on fun". For a book that is supposed to be deeply researched, the overgeneralizations seem more as a cheap lick than anything to take seriously.

Since he didn't respond, maybe @dneal didn't read. If he didn't it is akin to saying he listens to PhD's.

And, I have to disagree with @tsherbs regarding Pence. He didn't disagree publicly with Trump until February of 2022. Now he's diminishing January 6. I remember Dennis Miller saying that calling Barak Obama a stuffed shirt was to do a disservice to a coat hanger. Mike Pence has never demonstrated he has a backbone and especially his lack of leadership with the pandemic. He is a stuffed shirt. I hope no one is fooled enough to vote for him.

Thanks

Kari Lake and lawyer have to pay 100k for costs for frivolous lawsuit:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...t/70415207007/

Thanks

You act like it’s coming from them?