Thread: Sheaffer Targa 1067A?

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Targa 1067A?

Hi folks,

I received this Targa in a group of pens I bought. I love Sheaffers, but I don't know the modern ones well at all. I'm not sure if it's a 1086 or the quite rare 1067a (sold through Harrod's, only about 60 made). Please see here: http://www.sheaffertarga.com/fountainpenlist.htm. The colour in the pictures is pretty close to the real colour. Note also the wider gold bands on cap and butt.

If it is a Harrods pen, I know there are collectors looking for them. I tripped across this one, so if you need one feel free to get in touch.

Thank you!

Ralf

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralfstc For This Useful Post:

Barry Gabay (July 21st, 2022), welch (March 3rd, 2023)

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Targa 1067A?

Yep, I have the 1086 and this isn't a 1086. It happens to be one of my favorite pens when taking into account both writing and aesthetics - 14 layers of lacquer creates a holographic effect that's difficult to capture in photos. As you noted, yours has the wider gold "band" on the bottom, although I'd say your gold "band" is about the same width as mine on the cap...hard to tell without seeing more pics, but looks the same to me. Also, the 1086 has a small gold lip on the pen body side where the cap meets the pen body which yours does not have. Nice find!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moonamongus For This Useful Post:

welch (March 3rd, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

I agree it looks like it might be the 1067a. Do you know what nib tip width it has? I have 2 Sheaffer Targa Classic sized pens. Nice.
    (oh and by the way do you know your font size is 1 so it's very small and difficult to read?)
    Last edited by Chrissy; February 28th, 2023 at 01:14 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Oops, thanks Chrissy, I'll bump it up a bit! The pen has a fine nib and looks to be in pretty nice shape. I haven't written with it at all, but I think it's been lightly used in the past.

Ralf