Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Since folks like to talk about…

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: Since folks like to talk about…

Ha

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    My Tahoe is an early mid year 1999 @dneal.
    Still a truck with a permanent shell. Hope you can park it while you're listening to Tucker.
    It's a wonderful vehicle with 287 k miles. I have a Karavan trailer as well if the Tahoe "permanent shell" becomes an issue. I have to admit that I have never heard a person refer to an SUV as a permanent shell truck, but you're always the numbskull exception.

My radio stations are public radio. Your Tucky buddy isn't broadcasting there as far as I can tell. Perhaps check YouTube when your checking out the latest healthcare recommendations from Iran nurses.
    Chuck, unlike you I don’t listen to Tucker. I’m busy listening to PhD’s discussing interesting topics. I don’t have your cocker spaniel attention span, consumed with the political drama the MSM is distracting you with.

I referred to your SUV, not the entire class. The original K5 was built on a 1/2 ton truck frame (just like your Tahoe). The fiberglass shell over the back used to be removable. Now it’s integrated. You’re driving a 1500 truck chassis.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

I’m busy listening to PhD’s discussing interesting topics.
    Indeed. Name a few, besides Jordan Peterson.

Does that qualify you as an elitist snob?
    Last edited by Chip; July 26th, 2022 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks

Still a truck with a permanent shell. Hope you can park it while you're listening to Tucker.
    It's a wonderful vehicle with 287 k miles. I have a Karavan trailer as well if the Tahoe "permanent shell" becomes an issue. I have to admit that I have never heard a person refer to an SUV as a permanent shell truck, but you're always the numbskull exception.

My radio stations are public radio. Your Tucky buddy isn't broadcasting there as far as I can tell. Perhaps check YouTube when your checking out the latest healthcare recommendations from Iran nurses.
    Chuck, unlike you I don’t listen to Tucker. I’m busy listening to PhD’s discussing interesting topics. I don’t have your cocker spaniel attention span, consumed with the political drama the MSM is distracting you with.

I referred to your SUV, not the entire class. The original K5 was built on a 1/2 ton truck frame (just like your Tahoe). The fiberglass shell over the back used to be removable. Now it’s integrated. You’re driving a 1500 truck chassis.
    I know, John Campbell....yeah, I remember.

Much different, @dneal. There was never a removable section on the four door Tahoe and longer wheelbase, but yes, while it's a stretch, the '99 Tahoe is several generations forward from the K5.

Thanks

Much different, @dneal. There was never a removable section on the four door Tahoe and longer wheelbase, but yes, while it's a stretch, the '99 Tahoe is several generations forward from the K5.
    He'll call your SUV a truck, but don't call the AR-15 an assault rifle!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    I’m busy listening to PhD’s discussing interesting topics.
    Indeed. Name a few, besides Jordan Peterson.

Does that qualify you as an elitist snob?
    Don't really care for Peterson, but unlike you I listened to him instead of googling for an op-ed by a twenty-something journalist straw-manning an argument that he's an alt-right Neo-Nazi.

Recently though: Richard Haier, Bret Weinstein, Steve Keen, Mattias Desmet, Stephen Kotkin, Jonathan Haidt.

Elitist snobs are usually NYT readers who gush about their organic tomatoes and green energy lifestyle and pretending they don't burn gas in their car or home.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    He'll call your SUV a truck, but don't call the AR-15 an assault rifle!
    You're confusing me with Niner. If you understood all those definitions you looked up, you would get the "select fire" portion and how it applies to an actual assault rifle.

Thanks

They're all built on the corresponding year's truck chassis. I'm just pointing out your usual ignorance and hypocrisy. You're riding around in the SUV version of the pick-em-up truck you criticize. Go buy a Subaru and then talk shit.

Thanks

They're all built on the corresponding year's truck chassis. I'm just pointing out your usual ignorance and hypocrisy. You're riding around in the SUV version of the pick-em-up truck you criticize. Go buy a Subaru and then talk shit.
    Of course they are, with many varieties. Calling a Tahoe a truck with with a permanent shell is rather ignorant or nonsense.

I often refer to the Tahoe as a truck.

My other vehicle is a 2015 Subaru Forester. As usually, your mouth has overloaded your butt.

If I could buy you for what you know and sell you for what you think you know, I’d get a new truck.

Thanks

So we're ok with calling your Tahoe a truck then. Glad that's settled.

Now about you listening to Tucker...

Thanks

Did I say otherwise? I’m not following this latest trolling!!

Did you want to discuss Subarus?

Thanks

Don't really care for Peterson, but unlike you I listened to him instead of googling for an op-ed by a twenty-something journalist straw-manning an argument that he's an alt-right Neo-Nazi.

Recently though: Richard Haier, Bret Weinstein, Steve Keen, Mattias Desmet, Stephen Kotkin, Jonathan Haidt.
    I never said he was a neo-Nazi (you just did). I said he was a shallow, attention-hungry twat who cares more about celebrity than science or fact. The most recent piece I read on Peterson was by a group of climate scientists (all presumably Ph.Ds) who listed every nonsensical thing he said about climate change and science on a RWW talk show. For instance, that having a larger data set increases the possible error.

Do you read anything by women? Besides Ayn Rand?

Do you have a Ph.D? Or any graduate degree whatsoever?

Thanks

Your reading comprehension really sucks.

How much diesel does the propane company burn in the truck hauling it out to your remote location?

Thanks

Your shrieky, juvenile taunts reveal more about your lack of character than about my faults.

I'm not going to describe our home energy setup because you're obviously just looking for some footing to launch yet another silly attack. You say nothing about your circumstances, which is probably wise.

Do you have a bachelor's degree? Did you finish high school?

Did you take the SAT? Remember your scores?

Here's a link to the piece on Jordan Peterson, which will test your reading comprehension. Perhaps that's why you "listen" to pundits rather than trying to read them.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...e_iOSApp_Other
    Last edited by Chip; July 27th, 2022 at 03:18 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks

A guide to dneal's methods:

1) Never respond to a legitimate question.

2) If challenged, launch a series of petty taunts.

3) Claim superiority (intellectual, moral, or whatever) without any proof.

4) Accuse others of hypocrisy, stupidity, moral failings, elitism, etc. at every turn.

5) Season taunts and accusations with sufficient malice to prompt an outraged response.

6) Never reveal your own situation or circumstances for comparison, even when you attack others about theirs.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 27th, 2022), TSherbs (July 27th, 2022)

Thanks

Well put, Chip.

You need to add one more :

(7) dneal replies with a "yawn" when you point any of these patterns out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    You need to add one more :

(7) dneal replies with a "yawn" when you point any of these patterns out.
    He probably bores himself almost as much as he bores us.

Thanks

He is winning when you respond.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

dneal (July 28th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    A guide to dneal's methods:

1) Never respond to a legitimate question.

2) If challenged, launch a series of petty taunts.

3) Claim superiority (intellectual, moral, or whatever) without any proof.

4) Accuse others of hypocrisy, stupidity, moral failings, elitism, etc. at every turn.

5) Season taunts and accusations with sufficient malice to prompt an outraged response.

6) Never reveal your own situation or circumstances for comparison, even when you attack others about theirs.

1. Chip, they're not legitimate questions. They're precursors to silly Dunning-Kruger arguments. "Oh, you're not a Ph.D. in astrophysics? Not qualified to comment then...". If we start down that road, nobody can comment on anything. Do you have a graduate degree in cattle? No? Stop with the cowboy talk then. You're not qualified to speak on it. See how that works?

2. The majority of your posts are taunts, and not just with me. I've told you for a year now that I'll simply respond in kind.

3. I'd like to see some proof that I've claimed superiority, since this seems lately to be a common accusation.

4. When the hypocrisy is readily apparent, I'm happy to point it out. The response is "whataboutism". Do you notice the absence of discussion the current Presidency? His son's business dealings? Why do you suppose that is?

5. Mea Culpa. Want to have a legitimate discussion? I'll stop.

6. My own situation is irrelevant to the overwhelming majority of these topics. But otherwise you're wrong. Go revisit the retirement thread.

Thanks

He is winning when you respond.
    When I respond to Chip? That's some ego.