Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is worse: Trump or McConnell?

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Default Re: Who is worse: Trump or McConnell?

I've been seeing quite a few non-US people on social media making fun of and being very condescending, w superior attitude toward US conservatives. Making me wonder if they are being paid and assigned to the task. An odd trend, seems to me. I am on Twitter as @sharmon202 & Getter as @PurduetheINUniv if you would like to join a more relevant site for political social discourse. My political affiliation, pre-2021, was none. I usually get scoffed when I reveal this. OK. I traditionally decide how to vote by the issue, the candidate, what it might mean if they win. I read a lot, I believe I am a very informed person I get tv news from Fox, CNN, and occasionally Newsmax, Plus many internet sources. I had to go partisan when I saw policies being enacted (if you call a record number of executive orders, policies, and not the legislation mostly required by law). Yes I know Trump signed many EOs, So did Obama. As I see this country going down hill quickly, I cannot consciously support the human causes.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks

There was a Capitol police murdered Jan 6. I don't think so.
    Sandy

Thanks

I think no need for analogy, apple to oranges, to me.
    Sandy

Thanks

I thought all this was because of the police murder of G. Floyd. I said murder so don't go off half cocked here. Killed a national hero who was a drug user, drug seller, criminal. Also had fentanyl in his system at time of death. I wonder if he sold fentanyl? I thought this was the trigger, or excuse, for rioting, burning, destroying businesses of innocent people. Of course maybe it was rioting in Ferguson MO, bought & paid for.
    Sandy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharmon202 View Post
    I thought all this was because of the police murder of G. Floyd. I said murder so don't go off half cocked here. Killed a national hero who was a drug user, drug seller, criminal. Also had fentanyl in his system at time of death. I wonder if he sold fentanyl? I thought this was the trigger, or excuse, for rioting, burning, destroying businesses of innocent people. Of course maybe it was rioting in Ferguson MO, bought & paid for.
    He was no hero and never heard anyone say he was, but he was something you and I both have in common; he was a human being and did not deserve to be killed for passing a fake bill.

You shouldn't be killed for selling cigarettes, jogging, or being in your back yard. You should not be drug down a road behind a pickup. One might conflate looting and storming the US capital armed and trying to overturn the will of the majority, but you won't get my agreement.

Even if you're a radicalized Trump supporter and attacking the US Capital, only one was shot dead.

The carnage inflicted on the US Capital Police is well documented, so perhaps your sources are not keeping you properly informed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 17th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    He was no hero and never heard anyone say he was, but he was something you and I both have in common; he was a human being and did not deserve to be killed for passing a fake bill.

You shouldn't be killed for selling cigarettes, jogging, or being in your back yard. You should not be drug down a road behind a pickup. One might conflate looting and storming the US capital armed and trying to overturn the will of the majority, but you won't get my agreement.

Even if you're a radicalized Trump supporter and attacking the US Capital, only one was shot dead.

The carnage inflicted on the US Capital Police is well documented, so perhaps your sources are not keeping you properly informed.
    You need to read for comprehension, sir. I said Floyd was murdered, by police. Per being a hero I was referring to actions. His face was on public walls & tv news for years. Things were done in his name, you don't think this is true? I am not implying right or wrong, just actions taken.

Your 2nd sentence went off the cliff, I can't see where I might have implied that any of this is ok to
    do, except the overturning of the majority. At this time facts/video show this to be questionable.

I agree there was looting & storming, (getting your definition from context). I agree, only Jan 6 death was Ashli Babbitt. (Only one was shot dead? you make that sound like it was minimal and ok.) Is this the "carnage" to which you are referring? Merriam Webster defines carnage as great and usually bloody slaughter or injury as in battle. Over stating to make a point?

Exactly what "carnage" was inflicted on Capitol Police? There is govt video showing police opened doors & let people in. I would be very afraid if I were a policeman & in the middle of that, not knowing what will happen, never been thru anything like it, knowing that no back up is coming even though it was offered.

I am guessing you may be informed but let ideology, rhetoric, & emotion cloud your response. I get information from liberal/progressive and conservative sources. How about you? What are your favored sources and why if you don't mind spending the extra time for our conversation. Thx.

I invite a reply and would appreciate it being a more leveled and factual one. If not, its fun anyway. Thx
    Sandy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post

You need to read for comprehension, sir. I said Floyd was murdered, by police. Per being a hero I was referring to actions. His face was on public walls & tv news for years. Things were done in his name, you don't think this is true? I am not implying right or wrong, just actions taken.

Your 2nd sentence went off the cliff, I can't see where I might have implied that any of this is ok to
    do, except the overturning of the majority. At this time facts/video show this to be questionable.

I agree there was looting & storming, (getting your definition from context). I agree, only Jan 6 death was Ashli Babbitt. (Only one was shot dead? you make that sound like it was minimal and ok.) Is this the "carnage" to which you are referring? Merriam Webster defines carnage as great and usually bloody slaughter or injury as in battle. Over stating to make a point?

Exactly what "carnage" was inflicted on Capitol Police? There is govt video showing police opened doors & let people in. I would be very afraid if I were a policeman & in the middle of that, not knowing what will happen, never been thru anything like it, knowing that no back up is coming even though it was offered.

I am guessing you may be informed but let ideology, rhetoric, & emotion cloud your response. I get information from liberal/progressive and conservative sources. How about you? What are your favored sources and why if you don't mind spending the extra time for our conversation. Thx.

I invite a reply and would appreciate it being a more leveled and factual one. If not, its fun anyway. Thx
    Primary source regarding the harm inflicted on the Capital Police comes from their own testimonies. There are also independent sources. If you read that broadly you would have already known.

No ideology or emotion here and odd that you felt the need to bring it up as it doesn’t strengthen your position. You vilified George Floyd with an emotional rant about his past. So maybe reconsider who is the emotional ideologue. Anyone remotely acquainted with the murder knows the protests were about his treatment by police officers. Anyway, answer this, did Floyd deserve to be smothered and die for using or selling Fentanyl? If he was a criminal our constitution provides due process protection.

I didn’t compare the January 6 insurrection to BLM looting, but some have. I don’t personally see a connection.

I use various investigative reporting sources, Reuters, NPR, and NYT. Like you, I read broadly.