Thread: New GF oversize Piston fillers

Thanks

Default New GF oversize Piston fillers

Hi all,
    I can't stop making pens for my pleasure and my personal collection !
    Attached some pictures of two new oversize GF piston fillers , a demonstrator in 田ast" yellow acrylic and a black "hard rubber" version.
    Both pens are equipped with screw-in Bock size 8 nib units ( in which I provided a radial anti-rotation key between the feed and the nib housing)
    Note the cap mounts and posts on the barrel secured with a slip fit O ring, mounted inside the cap.
    I致e used this new capping approach for the Conid Minimalistica fountain pens 5 years ago, and although some buyers felt uncomfortable in first instance ,after optimizing the O ring pretension we never received any complaints.
    All parts - except nib & feed - are made in my shop.
    My Minimalistica - which was for 2 years my daily writer- still caps and posts as on its first day, so I知 fully confident with this posting alternative.
    Benefit being one obtains a fluent shaped sleek barrel, and capping/ posting occurs using a light combined screwing and pushing/pulling movement .
    As always our comments and critique are most welcome !
    Best regards,
    Francis
    [URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/fountainbel/a/ba500cfa-db43-465c-8b6b-21c4521cf6ae/p/7aa01e19-04a7-4ce0-9e4c-68942c858b3a][/URL
    Last edited by Fountainbel; July 26th, 2022 at 02:21 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Fountainbel For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

blopplop (August 3rd, 2022), catbert (July 26th, 2022), Chrissy (July 28th, 2022), da vinci (July 26th, 2022), Deb (July 26th, 2022), FredRydr (July 26th, 2022), Marsilius (July 26th, 2022), mizgeorge (August 7th, 2022), rickap (March 9th, 2023), Robert (July 26th, 2022), Scrawler (March 5th, 2023), Stands on Feet (July 26th, 2022), TFarnon (August 22nd, 2022), Yazeh (July 28th, 2022)

Thanks

Default Re: New GF oversize Piston fillers

Very, very nice pens, Francis. Clean and elegant in an understated manner. Makes me (and probably others) wonder when Conid will resume commercial production. My Regular Bulkfiller is several years old now - but remains one of my favorite pens.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

da vinci (July 26th, 2022), Fountainbel (July 28th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Very, very nice pens, Francis. Clean and elegant in an understated manner. Makes me (and probably others) wonder when Conid will resume commercial production. My Regular Bulkfiller is several years old now - but remains one of my favorite pens.
    Thanks for your friendly comment Robert !
    As what concerns Conid , I have good news!
    Werner, the owner of Conid assured me that as from end September Conid pens will be back on the market !
    Best regards,
    Francis

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fountainbel For This Useful Post:

da vinci (August 1st, 2022), Robert (July 28th, 2022), Stands on Feet (July 28th, 2022)

Thanks

Thanks for the good news, Francis. I and many others, I'm sure, look forward to the "relaunch" of Conid!

Thanks

These are great
    I always wondered if you would make a regular piston filler given the success of the bulk filler. Looks like the mechanism is quite efficient and retracts all the way back ...guessing more than 2 ml fills.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Thanks

Beautiful!

Thanks

Those are great looking pens. I知 thinking of trying my hand at making one. Love the piston fill.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fountainbel View Post
    Hi all,
    I can't stop making pens for my pleasure and my personal collection !
    Attached some pictures of two new oversize GF piston fillers , a demonstrator in 田ast" yellow acrylic and a black "hard rubber" version.
    Both pens are equipped with screw-in Bock size 8 nib units ( in which I provided a radial anti-rotation key between the feed and the nib housing)
    Note the cap mounts and posts on the barrel secured with a slip fit O ring, mounted inside the cap.
    I致e used this new capping approach for the Conid Minimalistica fountain pens 5 years ago, and although some buyers felt uncomfortable in first instance ,after optimizing the O ring pretension we never received any complaints.
    All parts - except nib & feed - are made in my shop.
    My Minimalistica - which was for 2 years my daily writer- still caps and posts as on its first day, so I知 fully confident with this posting alternative.
    Benefit being one obtains a fluent shaped sleek barrel, and capping/ posting occurs using a light combined screwing and pushing/pulling movement .
    As always our comments and critique are most welcome !
    https://eldfall-chronicles.com/produ...lass/sentinel/
    Best regards,
    Francis
    kitsune miniatures
    [URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/fountainbel/a/ba500cfa-db43-465c-8b6b-21c4521cf6ae/p/7aa01e19-04a7-4ce0-9e4c-68942c858b3a][/URL

That's great news to hear! It's wonderful that your readers would be willing to help out these schools in El Paso. I'm sure the students there would really appreciate it. I'm also certain that your postcard collection will come in handy!
    Last edited by WaltZucher; April 25th, 2023 at 03:13 AM.