Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Raid at Mar-A-Lago

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Default Re: FBI Raid at Mar-A-Lago

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    dneal - What do you think about Trump having those highly classified documents at his unsecured location? Either he didn't declassify those prior to leaving office (i.e. he lied) or he didn't declassify them following a process that ensures that their material was no longer in need of being classified (i.e. he doesn't act to protect our nation's, and the world's, safety).
    I think the whole thing is a PT Barnum side show that entrances each side as they roll along with their narratives.

The news cycle is consumed with whether folders were empty or not. I believe there's even an "empty folders" mocking post earlier, because that side's narrative is prominent here.

I hope they do prevent Trump from running, just to make all this nonsense stop.

Although I used "you guys" in a response to TSherbs, I acknowledge that you recognize your propensity to lean left generally (for me, it depends on the topic) and potentially exclude from the negative grouping. I think you would enjoy Scott Adams. You have to get used to his voice, but he grows on you.
    You're such a hypocrite in your aspersions.

See the bolded claim above. Note that there is no substantiation to follow the assertion (empty and facile as it was). I merely countered the empty assertion with its negative. I don't have to waste any time bothering to develop a counter to an unsubstantiated claim (which you know, yet you posture and fulminate anyway).

So, when you criticize anyone for not substantiating a claim made in a thread where you have just done the same, that is all the evidence needed to demonstrate that you practice dishonesty and hypocrisy. I don't need to elaborate, explain, or try to win an argument. Anyone following the thread knows just what I mean. You just pretend that you don't as part of your trolling (or some form of deep objective denial of your behaviors).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    dneal - What do you think about Trump having those highly classified documents at his unsecured location? Either he didn't declassify those prior to leaving office (i.e. he lied) or he didn't declassify them following a process that ensures that their material was no longer in need of being classified (i.e. he doesn't act to protect our nation's, and the world's, safety).
    I think the whole thing is a PT Barnum side show that entrances each side as they roll along with their narratives.

The news cycle is consumed with whether folders were empty or not. I believe there's even an "empty folders" mocking post earlier, because that side's narrative is prominent here.

I hope they do prevent Trump from running, just to make all this nonsense stop.

Although I used "you guys" in a response to TSherbs, I acknowledge that you recognize your propensity to lean left generally (for me, it depends on the topic) and potentially exclude from the negative grouping. I think you would enjoy Scott Adams. You have to get used to his voice, but he grows on you.
    You're such a hypocrite in your aspersions.

See the bolded claim above. Note that there is no substantiation to follow the assertion (empty and facile as it was). I merely countered the empty assertion with its negative. I don't have to waste any time bothering to develop a counter to an unsubstantiated claim (which you know, yet you posture and fulminate anyway).

So, when you criticize anyone for not substantiating a claim made in a thread where you have just done the same, that is all the evidence needed to demonstrate that you practice dishonesty and hypocrisy. I don't need to elaborate, explain, or try to win an argument. Anyone following the thread knows just what I mean. You just pretend that you don't as part of your trolling (or some form of deep objective denial of your behaviors).
    You called me a liar in a different post. Here you keep saying I'm wrong, in mindless opposition of my assertion? Are you trying to play out Lloyd's Monty Python bit?

I asked what proof you would like, to end this ridiculous side point of denying something that is both obvious and apparent.

Now you're rambling on with some hypocritical point about being a hypocrite, all while ignoring my earlier questions... It's really weird, actually.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Dneal- I didn't mean "what do you think of the media's and populace's reaction", I mean what do you think of the ex-president having all these highly classified documents at his undesecured location?

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    That's the argument the prosecution is obliged to prove. You're offering accusations as fact. So what do I think of those accusations? I gave you my answer.

It's political theater. A PT Barnum side show. What's the eventual outcome? Democrats are finally successful after their 5 year campaign and Trump can't run again. You get DeSantis then. Or, Trump beats democrats on the head with it and he gets another term. I'm ok with either one. How it gets there is idle amusement at best, but mostly noise.

You've become entranced with the side show.
    Don't you believe that there were classified documents (TS & above) at Mar a Lago?

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

Dneal- I didn't mean "what do you think of the media's and populace's reaction", I mean what do you think of the ex-president having all these highly classified documents at his undesecured location?

That's the argument the prosecution is obliged to prove. You're offering accusations as fact. So what do I think of those accusations? I gave you my answer.

It's political theater. A PT Barnum side show. What's the eventual outcome? Democrats are finally successful after their 5 year campaign and Trump can't run again. You get DeSantis then. Or, Trump beats democrats on the head with it and he gets another term. I'm ok with either one. How it gets there is idle amusement at best, but mostly noise.

You've become entranced with the side show.
    Don't you believe that there were classified documents (TS & above) at Mar a Lago?

That is the issue in question, isn't it? The one in the courts at this very moment?

Am I obligated to have a belief at this point? Rally to one tribe or another? That's tribal thinking.

Thanks

Perhaps it doesn’t matter. There are issues with non participation

Thanks

[

I asked what proof you would like
    It was an insincere offer.

Now you're rambling on with some hypocritical point about being a hypocrite, all while ignoring my earlier questions...
    you mistake me as someone interested in your take on the topic. I am not. Your fallback point only is "you guys are tribal," which is boring. Like I said, you're the guy that clears the room during a game by stating repeatedly that being a fan of any team is stupid and biased.

Thanks

To the other viewers of the thread: My local state rep just stopped by my house to ask me for my vote in November. She is a liberal Democrat, and although I am a registered independent, I told her that she can count on my vote. I agree with 90% of her votes. It doesn't make me "biased" that I agree with most of her votes. If she were a bit more financially restrained, I would agree with her %100 percent of the time. To support a candidate over another is not a sign of bias or tribalism, it is an effort to participate in the voting process of America, which I consider a noble opportunity and responsibility. To vote means one has to get off the fence and make a choice (often several choices on a ballot).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

TFarnon (September 11th, 2022)

Thanks

Yes, the evidence strongly suggests that there were many classified (various levels) materials at Mar-a-Lago. So yes, I believe your statement to be accurate. I consider it highly unlikely that Trump ever actually declassified any of those documents before removing them from the White House to his private residence.

Thanks

Tribalism is just a rallying cry from some. I pay it no mind now days. That said, if there were a tribe mentality, it would be those in lock step with conspiracy. I cannot think of any tribe that I belong to, nor that I do not occasionally disagree with here. If I were in a tribe, I would expect a more continuous message.

If being in a tribe means I followed the experts regarding infectious disease, or that I didn’t get involved in January 6, 2021, I’m in that tribe.

Thanks

MAGA now means, making attorneys get attorneys…lol.

“The adage for lawyers representing clients accused of criminality, said Fritz Scheller, a longtime Florida defense lawyer, is that at the end of the day, no matter how bad it may have been for the client, the lawyer still gets to walk out the front door of the courthouse without any personal legal issues.”

Thanks

This is the guy Trumpians support.
    “He is also known for refusing to pay his lawyers for their work; last year, the Republican National Committee agreed to settle up to $1.6 million of Mr. Trump’s personal legal bills.”

This is the same person that wants the American tax payer to pay for a Special Master.

Thanks

I’m always thinking, why not do something interesting with your life or family.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...24-legal-bills

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    It was an insincere offer.

Now you're rambling on with some hypocritical point about being a hypocrite, all while ignoring my earlier questions...
    you mistake me as someone interested in your take on the topic. I am not. Your fallback point only is "you guys are tribal," which is boring. Like I said, you're the guy that clears the room during a game by stating repeatedly that being a fan of any team is stupid and biased.
    No, it was not insincere. Another of your assumptions in your unsubstantiated narrative.

For someone not interested, you spend a lot of time responding. My “fallback point” can be clearly evidenced. Run along and post the latest article about a grandmother who pled guilty to criminal trespass during her attempt to literally overthrow democracy. Because you're not tribal. You aren't looking at the world at a tabloid level.

You guys are emotionally unstable. Trump broke you. You post with anger, contempt or maybe malice. But you're not interested in what I post. Sure I post with sarcasm and condescension - because this pen forum version of The View isn't worth much more than that.
    Last edited by dneal; September 10th, 2022 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks

You guys are emotionally unstable.
    What an absurd claim.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Sadly, dneal, both you and most of the others frequently are emotionally unstable here.

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

But you're not interested in what I post.
    True, that. Reading your blather is more trouble than it's worth.

Cheers!

Thanks

Sadly, dneal, both you and most of the others frequently are emotionally unstable here.

What? You too? What nonsense is this?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (September 11th, 2022)

Thanks

You're being hysterical.

Seriously, you come here for a purpose only you know. I find that most members post information that is from reliable sources. Most don't try to defend Trump and vilify government agencies/professionals. Most tried during the pandemic to encourage the use of life saving/health saving information. Most are engaged politically. Most appear to be here to discuss and not to troll or take an opposing view just to argue. That said, no one is immune to an occasional tirade.

@tsherbs recent posting of Michael Gerson's article was informative and useful.

To put everyone in the same category as emotionally basket cases say to me you are not thinking or paying attention accurately. You're just reacting to the occasional irritation that can happen when nonsense runs head long into reason.

Thanks

Well, yeah, but you could carry something around in one of those folders within the Secure Classified Information Facility (SCIF). They weren't supposed to leave the SCIF any more than actual classified information was supposed to leave the SCIF except under very narrowly defined and regulated circumstances. That said, if I saw an empty folder that was then closed up to display only, say, "Top Secret" on it, I wouldn't feel like I'd been punched in the gut. If I suspected that the folder's contents had been given or even shown to an unauthorized recipient, well, I'd be coming mentally unglued. That's pretty much where I am regarding Trump and his flunkies.

Thanks

When @dneal and the other Trumpians come to realize, Trump ain't your friend, the country will be better off.