Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Raid at Mar-A-Lago

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default Re: FBI Raid at Mar-A-Lago

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post

p.s.: Dershowitz, unlike Katyal agrees with appointing a special master. Other than the empty folders, the FBI did collect up medical records, tax filings and other private information - the exact point of a special master.
    Dershowitz has become kookier as he has become older. I don't disagree with this master thing, but only because he is an ex-president. That some private files were swept up in the search because he had it all mixed together and then returned is of little consequence to me. But doing this cautiously in a case with an ex-president is not unwise. This is really nothing but a delay tactic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Holy sh-t!
    Material on foreign nation’s nuclear capabilities seized at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
    Some seized documents were so closely held, only the president, a Cabinet-level or near-Cabinet level official could authorize others to know

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ear-documents/

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    yeah. Can you imagine making the argument, "I wanted these top secret nuclear documents about a foreign nation for my library"? Boggles the mind. He's such a liar (he lies to cover his gross negligence, or something worse).

Thanks

Plus, he gets by with lying. Those followers now going to prison is a good life lesson not to follow anyone like Trump. He’ll survive and you will die.

Thanks

Sounds interesting, but I have no access.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ump-documents/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 662 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Here's a pdf
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/6318d9b4b1835/WP.PDF

M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

Here's a pdf

Thank you again, Lloyd. Barr is trying to redeem himself, which is a good thing. I like his use of a couple innings rain delay.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 7th, 2022)

Thanks

Mar-a-Lago a magnet for spies, officials warn after nuclear file reportedly found
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ocuments-spies

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,325 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post

p.s.: Dershowitz, unlike Katyal agrees with appointing a special master. Other than the empty folders, the FBI did collect up medical records, tax filings and other private information - the exact point of a special master.
    Dershowitz has become kookier as he has become older. I don't disagree with this master thing, but only because he is an ex-president. That some private files were swept up in the search because he had it all mixed together and then returned is of little consequence to me. But doing this cautiously in a case with an ex-president is not unwise. This is really nothing but a delay tactic.
    Dershowitz changed, or your blue-anon narrative demanded excommunication?

It amazes me that you guys know you are MAGA’s opposing team, but are completely unaware of the partisan bias it creates (just like it does for the red hat people too).

It’s not Dershowitz. It’s you.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Neal Katyal and several other reputable law scholars found the Florida judge's opinion laughable.

'My first-year law students would have written a better opinion': Neal Katyal slams judge's Trump ruling

Matthew Chapman
    September 05, 2022

On Monday, former solicitor general and Georgetown Law professor Neal Katyal took to Twitter to dissect all of the problems with District Judge Aileen Cannon's decision granting former President Donald Trump's request to have a special master review the materials the FBI seized at Mar-a-Lago as part of the investigation into improperly removed classified information.

"This special master opinion is so bad it’s hard to know where to begin," wrote Katyal. "She says Biden hasn’t weighed in on whether docs protected by Exec Privilege. Nonsense. The archives letter (which DOJ submitted to the Judge) makes it clear current President thinks none of this is privileged. Archivist says it is 'not a close' question."

Furthermore, Katyal noted, the opinion "enjoins the entire investigation because some of the material might be subject to Executive Privilege. But Executive Priv isn’t some post-presidential privilege that allows Presidents to keep documents after they leave office. At most, it simply means these are Executive documents that must be returned to the archives. It doesn’t in any way shape or form mean they can’t be used in a criminal prosecution about stolen docs."

And that's before getting into the fact that a special master simply isn't equipped to resolve the issues Cannon alluded to, wrote Katyal, including which documents, exactly, are subject to privilege and why, and which documents would do "reputational harm" to Trump.

https://www.rawstory.com/law-student...tter-opinions/
    WTF kind of "news" site is that?

Also from Rawstory These upcoming Supreme Court cases could help Trump steal 2024

Trump colluded with Russians to steal 2016
    2020 was completely honest and fair
    Trump is already planning to steal 2024

All you need is a Blue-Anon shaman to lead your mantras.

Skip the news story then and read the tweet chain argument. It is much more detailed than the rawstory summary: https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/stat...cTXCV5WxNueoKg
    Skip the “news story” (it’s not), and go to twitter instead, for a series of tweets from some nobody with an opinion? And furthermore, believe you spent any time reading a legal opinion?

The only thing I get from twitter is each side’s daily narrative update. I already knew your blue-anon version.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 632 Posts

This Dershowitz?

Thanks

Nobody? Neal Katyal served as Solicitor-General of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Katyal

Thanks

Nobody? Neal Katyal served as Solicitor-General of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Katyal
    Wikipedia and a random picture of Dershowitz and Epstein.

The way you scramble for your defensive blue kool aide is cute. It’s like a security blanket.

At some point, you should learn to talk the actual issue like the other grown ups.

Thanks

There seem to be many with more expertise than anyone here disagreeing with the Florida Federal judge.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (September 8th, 2022)

Thanks

Neal Katyal and several other reputable law scholars found the Florida judge's opinion laughable.

'My first-year law students would have written a better opinion': Neal Katyal slams judge's Trump ruling

Matthew Chapman
    September 05, 2022

On Monday, former solicitor general and Georgetown Law professor Neal Katyal took to Twitter to dissect all of the problems with District Judge Aileen Cannon's decision granting former President Donald Trump's request to have a special master review the materials the FBI seized at Mar-a-Lago as part of the investigation into improperly removed classified information.

"This special master opinion is so bad it’s hard to know where to begin," wrote Katyal. "She says Biden hasn’t weighed in on whether docs protected by Exec Privilege. Nonsense. The archives letter (which DOJ submitted to the Judge) makes it clear current President thinks none of this is privileged. Archivist says it is 'not a close' question."

Furthermore, Katyal noted, the opinion "enjoins the entire investigation because some of the material might be subject to Executive Privilege. But Executive Priv isn’t some post-presidential privilege that allows Presidents to keep documents after they leave office. At most, it simply means these are Executive documents that must be returned to the archives. It doesn’t in any way shape or form mean they can’t be used in a criminal prosecution about stolen docs."

And that's before getting into the fact that a special master simply isn't equipped to resolve the issues Cannon alluded to, wrote Katyal, including which documents, exactly, are subject to privilege and why, and which documents would do "reputational harm" to Trump.

https://www.rawstory.com/law-student...tter-opinions/
    WTF kind of "news" site is that?

Also from Rawstory These upcoming Supreme Court cases could help Trump steal 2024

Trump colluded with Russians to steal 2016
    2020 was completely honest and fair
    Trump is already planning to steal 2024

All you need is a Blue-Anon shaman to lead your mantras.

Skip the news story then and read the tweet chain argument. It is much more detailed than the rawstory summary: https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/stat...cTXCV5WxNueoKg
    Skip the “news story” (it’s not), and go to twitter instead, for a series of tweets from some nobody with an opinion? And furthermore, believe you spent any time reading a legal opinion?

The only thing I get from twitter is each side’s daily narrative update. I already knew your blue-anon version.
    Aren't you the cat's meow. You're my hero.

Thanks

Dershowitz changed, or your blue-anon narrative demanded excommunication?

It amazes me that you guys know you are MAGA’s opposing team, but are completely unaware of the partisan bias it creates (just like it does for the red hat people too).

It’s not Dershowitz. It’s you.
    Shut up already about "you guys". You fling your bullshit in all directions, Dervish-style.

And yeah, we're *so* unaware of your amazing insights and intelligence. So, since you asked, there's another sample of your superciliousness.

Thanks

Here's a pdf

Thank you again, Lloyd. Barr is trying to redeem himself, which is a good thing. I like his use of a couple innings rain delay.
    I don't know what Barr is trying to do. Maybe just make some money. There is no redemption available to him, other than spiritually in his private life. Publicly, he is toast.

Thanks

Perhaps he is just decent enough to be ashamed.

Thanks

Aren't you the cat's meow. You're my hero.
    He's back to the shrieky mean-girl insults and cheap mockery.

Thanks

dneal - What do you think about Trump having those highly classified documents at his unsecured location? Either he didn't declassify those prior to leaving office (i.e. he lied) or he didn't declassify them following a process that ensures that their material was no longer in need of being classified (i.e. he doesn't act to protect our nation's, and the world's, safety).

Thanks

At some point, you should learn to talk the actual issue like the other grown ups.
    And look, more humility.