Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Raid at Mar-A-Lago

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Default Re: FBI Raid at Mar-A-Lago

Running on empty again I see @dneal.
    Said right before you post your approved Heather Cox Richardson orthodoxy talking points. You're like one of those George Will disciples.

Still waiting for you to tell me who I listen to...
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Running on empty again I see @dneal.
    Said right before you post your approved Heather Cox Richardson orthodoxy talking points. You're like one of those George Will disciples.

Still waiting for you to tell me who I listen to...
    Don’t listen/watch, but rather read.

If you disagree with her, explain where she is wrong. I’ve certainly read your Bannon and Dr Nurse posts and explained where they are wrong. You could at least use some of your vast intellect and spend 5 minutes providing a post with some value.

I do like George Will. His book Men and Work was well done. However, I know why you don’t like him. He’s not a Trumpian.

Thanks

I’ve certainly read your Bannon and Dr Nurse posts and explained where they are wrong.
    lol, you've done no such thing. Not even TSherbs could talk sense to you about Dr. Campbell. You suspected him to be a "sinner", talking about the abomination.

Thanks

Actually, depending on the markings, that can make something classified, and highly classified at that. At the Top Secret plus level, even the additional designators are classified. Back in the days of the Army Security Agency, in the 1970s, it was considered high humor to take the classified stamps, tackle someone who was leaving the service or even just moving to another assignment in another location, and stamp the poor sod on every inch of exposed skin. So yeah, an otherwise blank piece of paper at a certain level of classification and additional designators would be highly classified.
    Last edited by TFarnon; August 19th, 2022 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks

I was a sincere Libertarian/fiscal Conservative in my teens. Why? Because my parents were Democrats, and pretty permissive overall. I wanted to rebel, oh, how I wanted to rebel! The only way I could really wind my parents up was by being a Republican. Then I grew up and got better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TFarnon For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 19th, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TFarnon View Post
    Actually, depending on the markings, that can make something classified, and highly classified at that. At the Top Secret plus level, even the additional designators are classified. Back in the days of the Army Security Agency, in the 1970s, it was considered high humor to take the classified stamps, tackle someone who was leaving the service or even just moving to another assignment in another location, and stamp the poor sod on every inch of exposed skin. So yeah, an otherwise blank piece of paper at a certain level of classification and additional designators would be highly classified.
    No. I once took a picture of a shura between Afghan villagers and a general officer with an iPhone. It was transferred to my personal laptop and burned to a CD-R, which was put in a classified computer and used in a story-board. Long story short, the intel bubbas tried to tell me my phone and laptop had unauthorized classified documents, and would have to be seized and wiped - simply because an unclassified picture made it to a slide deck that was classified overall. I laughed at them.

Bureaucratic procedures within the executive do not limit the power of the executive, where all authorities for the execution of bureaucratic procedures are derived. It doesn't matter what the paper has printed on the header. If the president says it's no longer classified, it's no longer classified; markings be damned. Markings become a bureaucratic admin process for office of legal counsel and other bubbas.

Here is a link to a classified document from the Nixon era. It was declassified by the CIA and is hosted on their website. The document still has "secret" clearly marked, with only a thin line through the marking. Since we can still see it, it's still classified. Right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TFarnon View Post
    No. I once took a picture of a shura between Afghan villagers and a general officer with an iPhone. It was transferred to my personal laptop and burned to a CD-R, which was put in a classified computer and used in a story-board. Long story short, the intel bubbas tried to tell me my phone and laptop had unauthorized classified documents, and would have to be seized and wiped - simply because an unclassified picture made it to a slide deck that was classified overall. I laughed at them.

Bureaucratic procedures within the executive do not limit the power of the executive, where all authorities for the execution of bureaucratic procedures are derived. It doesn't matter what the paper has printed on the header. If the president says it's no longer classified, it's no longer classified; markings be damned. Markings become a bureaucratic admin process for office of legal counsel and other bubbas.

Here is a link to a classified document from the Nixon era. It was declassified by the CIA and is hosted on their website. The document still has "secret" clearly marked, with only a thin line through the marking. Since we can still see it, it's still classified. Right?
    Either the Intel bubbas need more training or the image wasn't properly marked as (U) in the document.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

TFarnon (August 21st, 2022)

Thanks

Powerpoint error, and a label being applied to the slide master; but their logic was just so flawed...

Thanks

I’ve certainly read your Bannon and Dr Nurse posts and explained where they are wrong.
    lol, you've done no such thing. Not even TSherbs could talk sense to you about Dr. Campbell. You suspected him to be a "sinner", talking about the abomination.
    I have a good memory and have no need for Ted to talk sense. You were wrong headed about everything regarding the pandemic, and also Donald Trump. If you would read rather than watch, you could engage your brain. As it is, nonsense is poured and you freely drink. At least if you read, while we might not come to the same conclusions, it would allow you to think before you spout conspiracies.

You've made a habit of vilifying the same people Trump did/does. Now you mention George Will. Before it was Fauci. It is obvious you are a disciple of the fringe including Bannon. I can predict your positions, just like you reaction to the FBI's investigation of Trump's home.

Thanks

You keep saying I was wrong, but won't say how. Kind of like you say what I read or listen to, but can't name what it actually is.

You've invented a trumpian construct for me, and seek out reinforcing evidence. I mentioned George Will, and Trump did too at some point, so I'm a Trumpian...

Chuck, you're just a different flavor of zealot, rabidly defending your orthodoxy. You need a hat.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

This article makes sense to me:

Trump's use of the military for himself:

https://www.thebulwark.com/trump-act...im-personally/

Thanks

"Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential
    records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion..." (emphasis added)

Worked for docs in sox drawer.
    https://justthenews.com/sites/defaul...%20opinion.pdf
    page 10 of opinion

Thanks

You keep saying I was wrong, but won't say how. Kind of like you say what I read or listen to, but can't name what it actually is.

You've invented a trumpian construct for me, and seek out reinforcing evidence. I mentioned George Will, and Trump did too at some point, so I'm a Trumpian...

Chuck, you're just a different flavor of zealot, rabidly defending your orthodoxy. You need a hat.
    You keep trying to convince yourself you don’t follow Trump. You’re the first one to mentioned George Will. He has been an outspoken critic of Trump. It makes you look like you have an association.

Same with COVID-19. I never recall a single post you made that wasn’t first hatched by a Trump supported. You were against any effort to contain and spouted the same stuff Trump did. His detractors became your enemies. There is an old say that my enemy’s enemy is my friend. In your case, that was never true. Just because someone is a critic of Trump or a supported of the science does not mean you have to take sides. There is nothing wrong with Will, Brooks, or Cox except that they have been critical of Trump.

On the other hand, you’ve posted Bannon and his verifiably false comments as if they merited being repeated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 632 Posts

Bureaucratic procedures within the executive do not limit the power of the executive, where all authorities for the execution of bureaucratic procedures are derived. It doesn't matter what the paper has printed on the header. If the president says it's no longer classified, it's no longer classified; markings be damned.
    Where do you dig up this rubbish? Bureaucratic procedures are a foundation of the government.

A bill passed by both houses must be signed by the president to become law. Right?

The same goes for executive orders, treaties, and other legally binding instruments.

By your flawed reckoning, the final repository of a document's status would be the president's memory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Bureaucratic procedures within the executive do not limit the power of the executive, where all authorities for the execution of bureaucratic procedures are derived. It doesn't matter what the paper has printed on the header. If the president says it's no longer classified, it's no longer classified; markings be damned.
    Where do you dig up this rubbish? Bureaucratic procedures are a foundation of the government.

A bill passed by both houses must be signed by the president to become law. Right?

The same goes for executive orders, treaties, and other legally binding instruments.

By your flawed reckoning, the final repository of a document's status would be the president's memory.
    I spent 30 years in a bureaucracy. I'm crystal clear on the difference between doctrine and practice. The left, in this thread, is citing practice (stamping and busywork) laid out in the regulations of the executive branch, is proof that the executive proper must follow said regulations. Otherwise, he broke the law and can't run for president again, they tell us.

This is the second time they have tried this exact thing. The second time. For fuck's sake, they tried to impeach him twice and failed. They've been up his ass over taxes for decades. Rachel Maddow told us she had him. 3 years and a Muller investigation into Russian collusion, only to find out team blue paid for the whole thing.

But now they have him! Mar A Lago Raid that's now not a raid!!!

Political theater. Political Jerry Springer, and you dolts drink it up.

The fact that this is even a news story and that you chimps are bickering about it is the desired response. There's another news story with a red flavor being told somewhere else for those that wear red hats.

The problem isn't that you guys need hats. The problem is that you deny that you're wearing them.

Thanks

Thirty years folding sheet in a female owned laundry.

Thanks

Political Jerry Springer, and you dolts drink it up.
    And to think, you once feigned ignorance about your superior attitude in your posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Political Jerry Springer, and you dolts drink it up.
    And to think, you once feigned ignorance about your superior attitude in your posts.
    Am I wrong?

How long are you guys going to keep the Benny Hill / Jan 6 shit-show going? The thread is regularly at the top of the sub.

Why is there no Biden laptop thread? There's loads of material on that now. It's even in the British papers. You know, another "conspriacy theory" that 50 intelligence professionals debunked as russian propaganda. Obvious evidence of the actual shit we've been incessantly hearing that Don's Sr and Jr have been doing?

You guys love the shit show. The Q-Anon shaman and all of it. Every bonehead that gets a fine for Jan 6 you guys post and gloat over. About that superiority complex...

You're no different than the Maga folks, but just won't admit you have a hat too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 19th, 2022)

Thanks

You’re a MAGA who didn’t choose to vote!! Lol!!

Yes, we are different and also difficult!!

Thanks

Am I wrong?
    You pretended not to recognize your arrogant tone and posts. You asked to have them pointed out to you. I am happy to oblige.