Thread: Ink additive

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Default Ink additive

I think I remember some information from many years back but cannot find it. Is there an ingredient I can add to an ink & make it permanent or water proof or archival or anything along this line?
    Thx
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks
    Thanked 6,234 Times in 2,252 Posts

Default Re: Ink additive

Some add Noodler's Blue Ghost (which leaves an invisible trace) or add a bit of Waterproof ink to the ink in question (Noodler's Black for ex.). Obviously you need to do a test batch before hand and see if the mixture works well and has a modicum of water resistance....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 16th, 2022), sharmon202 (August 18th, 2022)

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Some add Noodler's Blue Ghost (which leaves an invisible trace) or add a bit of Waterproof ink to the ink in question (Noodler's Black for ex.). Obviously you need to do a test batch before hand and see if the mixture works well and has a modicum of water resistance....
    Thx for the reply. What is an invisible trace? That seems paradoxical, to me. (invisible and trace...making me smile) Do you know anyone that has tried Blue Ghost?
    Thanks for the reminder of trialing 1st. I want to use water proof or archival, permanent type inks often but get tired of limited colors.
    I'd probably be good w trialing black w a Noodler's color, I luv their Red-Black ink. Thanks for helping me think it thru.
    Anyone have experience with this ghost additive?
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

Thanks
    Thanked 6,234 Times in 2,252 Posts

I saw some reviews on fountain pen network, about Ghost.
    Otherwise go for the De Atramentis Document/Artist inks. You can mix them together.
    There's also the following brands, R & K document ink /Super 5 inks/ and R& K sketch inks.

Kakimori has also a line of pigment inks, though depending pen and paper, they can have long dry times.....

Senior Member INeedAFinancialAdvisor's Avatar
    Thanks

Blue ghost is a uv ink. If your ink was to be washed away, using a black light or uv light you could read the contents as the blue ghost would be left behind. Adding it to your ink would be like the RC35 (i think…) that sheaffer used to brag about in their inks.

I have a bottle of blue ghost. It’s fun stuff. But not, i think, what you are looking for.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to INeedAFinancialAdvisor For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 19th, 2022)